ADVERTISEMENT

Palmer gone.

Understand why he's leaving, though I do think he improves his draft stock if he stays and has another monster year. He'll definitely be drafted, no question obviously, but I think another year of film would have given him a boost.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Great for him. Looks obvious to me that this is not a snap decision. Rather, he made a well prepared statement that appears to have been created well in advance of this morning's news. As a fan, I am at peace with that and Trey, all the world to you young man. You've blessed our program and our fan base with your talent.

Good for him, wish he would have given another to the program but know why did chose the NFL. May others see his efforts and want to duplicate them. Best of success in the future young man

Understand why he's leaving, though I do think he improves his draft stock if he stays and has another monster year. He'll definitely be drafted, no question obviously, but I think another year of film would have given him a boost.
And he could destroy a knee and never play again. Hopefully he has a good idea where he could get drafted.

And he could destroy a knee and never play again. Hopefully he has a good idea where he could get drafted.
Very true. It's definitely a cost benefit situation, so I can't blame him.

I thought I saw someone posted he was #30ish for WR prospects as far as ranking right now. I feel like he could be a player that kills at the Combine, hopefully he does and shoots up if that ranking us accurate.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He’s not running past NFL DB’s... his short to medium route running needs work.. 4th or 5th round selection..do appreciate his time here and wish him the best!

He’s not running past NFL DB’s... his short to medium route running needs work.. 4th or 5th round selection..do appreciate his time here and wish him the best!
I don't think he is as high of a pick as he thinks he is. Not saying that he isn't NFL material, but he is a bit of a project at this point.

Reactions: WHCSC
At least we'll have someone drafted! He's definitely not a top 5 pick like Chase or even a late 1st like Jefferson (who was clearly overlooked!). I'd guess 3rd or 4th round. He'll test pretty well. His ability to play special teams will help a lot. And he was very productive in one year at NU. I don't think another season would help his stock much. I don't know much about his off-the-field stuff at LSU, but he kept his nose clean at NU as far as I've heard.
As for the draft, I wonder about Mathis. His year at NU probably didn't go according to plan. With TCU undefeated, he must be having second thoughts.

This is so much better than transferring. I would take the money in a heartbeat. You get hurt in college all you're gonna get from the peanut gallery is a pat on the back. Not even a card passed around with some 1s in it.

Go get paid young man, represent Nebraska on the biggest stage.

GO BIG RED!!!

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm not surprised. Also, anybody see the camera catch him mouthing "what the heck, F@%$!", after we chose to not go for it on 4th and inches last night? I didn't have a good feeling after that.

Reactions: regionsdoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT