Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020
Lions go right down the field to score

we'll see if lame-o A-Rodg is interested in participating tonight

I took the points (+10.5)

Lions go right down the field to score

we'll see if lame-o A-Rodg is interested in participating tonight

I took the points (+10.5)
Okay, I almost wonder if Rodgers is going to just ruin the packers this year on purpose. Dude is a dick.

I live in Detroit, and this evening I ate dinner in a local sports bar. The area rock station, WRIF, was broadcasting live. Cuervo girls and all that. When the DJ asked the crowd to shout is they thought the Lions were going to win tonight, he got crickets. It was as if he asked if anyone understood quantum theory.

I live in Detroit, and this evening I ate dinner in a local sports bar. The area rock station, WRIF, was broadcasting live. Cuervo girls and all that. When the DJ asked the crowd to shout is they thought the Lions were going to win tonight, he got crickets. It was as if he asked if anyone understood quantum theory.
Well, that’s why we hold our Lions Pride fan club meetings in the phone booth behind Ferdinands on Bell St in Fremont. Big Ferdies all around .

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
Lions, Lions, Lions. America’s team?… Michigan’s team?… Detroit’s team?… okay probably only ”my” team and a couple other guys.
I AM a Lion's fan tonight. I want Rodgers to lose every game he plays in this year. It would also be a nice story for Detroit fans if Goff had a good year. I've been a Vikings fan for a long long time but I've given up on them. I just want Rodgers to lose. He's a dick.

Wat!

I'm not a Rodgers fan but I don't think the Green Bay front office should get a pass on what a bunch of dipshits they are. They've always acted like they'd rather study a spreadsheet and cut good players to save a buck instead of make the extra moves needed to win championships.

I'm not a Rodgers fan but I don't think the Green Bay front office should get a pass on what a bunch of dipshits they are. They've always acted like they'd rather study a spreadsheet and cut good players to save a buck instead of make the extra moves needed to win championships.
Dealing with the salary cap is not for the weak stomached. They gave Rodgers a huge contract a few years ago and that makes it necessary to find salary space at other positions. It's a juggling act. It's one of the reasons rookie contracts for QBs are such a valuable commodity. Unless you star is willing to take less money like Brady did, the cap space has to come from somewhere.

I AM a Lion's fan tonight. I want Rodgers to lose every game he plays in this year. It would also be a nice story for Detroit fans if Goff had a good year. I've been a Vikings fan for a long long time but I've given up on them. I just want Rodgers to lose. He's a dick.
I was a Vikings fan back in the Tarkington/Kapp/Tarkington era. Loved Injun Joe. Ballsy

I was a Vikings fan back in the Tarkington/Kapp/Tarkington era. Loved Injun Joe. Ballsy
As a youngster, I was a fan more of individual players than teams. Loved Sayers, Payton, Butkus, Foreman, later Sanders etc. Then we lived in Rochester MN for a few years and went to some Vikings games. I've gotten Vikings on my local radio and TV for the past 30 years so it's tough to not be a fan. I had dinner at a fundraiser with Jim Langor many years ago. He told some wild stories about Tommie Kramer in his stint with the Vikings. On a Sunday morning Kramer hadn't shown up at the stadium. They went out looking or him and found him hanging upside down in his car from the seat belt drunk as a skunk. That was his normal pre-game warm up I guess.

I LOL'd at anyone who predicted any success for the Pack this year, even if they pull this game out, I find it impossible to believe they will be any threat to anyone by years end. Enough talent to play for the Super Bowl, but won't even make the playoffs and I felt that way before season started.

Dealing with the salary cap is not for the weak stomached. They gave Rodgers a huge contract a few years ago and that makes it necessary to find salary space at other positions. It's a juggling act. It's one of the reasons rookie contracts for QBs are such a valuable commodity. Unless you star is willing to take less money like Brady did, the cap space has to come from somewhere.
Other franchises make it work. Plus, they traded up to draft a QB in the first round without even telling him. If you try to defend that you're just letting your dislike of Rodgers get in the way of rational thought. It was possibly the worst f-up in the history of franchise/star player relationships. The problem with Packers is they don't have a billionaire owner to step in and call the shots when the front office gets an egghead idea that should be squashed.

Reactions: The_Glove_Man
It's time for change in Minnesota. Zimmer will never accomplish anything. Let's move on from Kirk cousins and salvage the careers of Justin Jefferson and dalvin cook

Other franchises make it work. Plus, they traded up to draft a QB in the first round without even telling him. If you try to defend that you're just letting your dislike of Rodgers get in the way of rational thought. It was possibly the worst f-up in the history of franchise/star player relationships. The problem with Packers is they don't have a billionaire owner to step in and call the shots when the front office gets an egghead idea that should be squashed.
They took a QB to backup Rodgers and prepare for life without him. They aren't paying Love that much compared to what a veteran backup QB can command. I'm sorry that Aaron got his feelings hurt but his job is to play football and not micromanage the roster. He signed his deal. He should have kept his mouth shut and play football. It certainly appears that the average Packer fan feels the same way.

It's time for change in Minnesota. Zimmer will never accomplish anything. Let's move on from Kirk cousins and salvage the careers of Justin Jefferson and dalvin cook
To think, he was offered the Nebraska job before Callahan was. I think he's an extremely good defensive coach but the churning of OCs, the injuries in their O line and Cousins' huge contract has killed them.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
They took a QB to backup Rodgers and prepare for life without him. They aren't paying Love that much compared to what a veteran backup QB can command. I'm sorry that Aaron got his feelings hurt but his job is to play football and not micromanage the roster. He signed his deal. He should have kept his mouth shut and play football. It certainly appears that the average Packer fan feels the same way.
Fine, I guess it's more important to flex the "shut up and play" muscles rather than use common sense and manage egos like every franchise in pro sports does. No other star QB in the NFL would be anything but pissed off in the same scenario. Dumb.

To think, he was offered the Nebraska job before Callahan was. I think he's an extremely good defensive coach but the churning of OCs, the injuries in their O line and Cousins' huge contract has killed them.

I somehow managed to forget that!!! Wow.

Fine, I guess it's more important to flex the "shut up and play" muscles rather than use common sense and manage egos like every franchise in pro sports does. No other star QB in the NFL would be anything but pissed off in the same scenario. Dumb.

It was a stupid move on the Pack's part but Rogers made a choice to make it worse...and it isn't like this is his only beef. Guy just wakes up in drama land mad at somebody or something.

There was a reason he dropped to the Packers in the draft and it wasn't a lack of talent. He was known as a difficult player to deal with and he has proved it. Great talent. HUGE ego. Focused on himself and wants to move to a warm climate closer to his new honey. Sh## all over his franchise to try to force his way out.

There was a reason he dropped to the Packers in the draft and it wasn't a lack of talent. He was known as a difficult player to deal with and he has proved it. Great talent. HUGE ego. Focused on himself and wants to move to a warm climate closer to his new honey. Sh## all over his franchise to try to force his way out.
Yeah, he hasn't done a thing for the Packers.

It was a stupid move on the Pack's part but Rogers made a choice to make it worse...and it isn't like this is his only beef. Guy just wakes up in drama land mad at somebody or something.
Only makes the decision by the franchise dumber in retrospect, since they should know him better than anyone, right? It's almost like they were intentionally trying to piss him off.

As a youngster, I was a fan more of individual players than teams. Loved Sayers, Payton, Butkus, Foreman, later Sanders etc. Then we lived in Rochester MN for a few years and went to some Vikings games. I've gotten Vikings on my local radio and TV for the past 30 years so it's tough to not be a fan. I had dinner at a fundraiser with Jim Langor many years ago. He told some wild stories about Tommie Kramer in his stint with the Vikings. On a Sunday morning Kramer hadn't shown up at the stadium. They went out looking or him and found him hanging upside down in his car from the seat belt drunk as a skunk. That was his normal pre-game warm up I guess.
Lived in Oakland Ne as a pup. Back in the days of 3 channels We were probably in the geographical TV rights of the Bears because they were always one of the Sunday games. I loved, loved, loved watching the Bears Lions match ups. Butkus vs Lions Center Ed Flanagan. They hated each other, and Ed could get in the same gutter as Dick. I once saw Butkus chase little Altie Taylor 5 yards out of bounds and body slam him to the turf. Followed by Flanagan blind siding Butkus and knocking him upside down. Those battles were epic. Taped fingers, bloody jerseys, and toothless smiles.

Drama Queen
Yeah, he hasn't done a thing for the Packers.
He has been EXTREMELY well rewarded for his efforts. He's an unappreciative whiny little punk. And I say that will all due respect....:) For all of his talent, I've just never liked the guy and I like a lot of QBs that play for franchises I don't care for. I have a friend who is a Packer shareholder and he's livid with Rodgers.

Lived in Oakland Ne as a pup. Back in the days of 3 channels We were probably in the geographical TV rights of the Bears because they were always one of the Sunday games. I loved, loved, loved watching the Bears Lions match ups. Butkus vs Lions Center Ed Flanagan. They hated each other, and Ed could get in the same gutter as Dick. I once saw Butkus chase little Altie Taylor 5 yards out of bounds and body slam him to the turf. Followed by Flanagan blind siding Butkus and knocking him upside down. Those battles were epic. Taped fingers, bloody jerseys, and toothless smiles.
Yeah we only got one channel and it was black and white. I couldn't believe how green and sunny it was in LA and Oakland in the winter when we finally got a color TV.

Reactions: huntered
as a Bears fan, I hate everything about the packers. every player, every coach, every fan.

always have, always will

Reactions: dinglefritz
as a Bears fan, I hate everything about the packers. every player, every coach, every fan.

always have, always will
man I had to root for them when they had Tagge and later when they had Ahman, well at least when Ahman wasn't playing against the Vikings.

man I had to root for them when they had Tagge and later when they had Ahman, well at least when Ahman wasn't playing against the Vikings.
not me

Tagge was before my time and Green had already done his service for NU

I cannot stand the packers and can't wait until 12 is gone next year. Fields just might be the best quarterback in the division!

not me

Tagge was before my time and Green had already done his service for NU

I cannot stand the packers and can't wait until 12 is gone next year. Fields just might be the best quarterback in the division!
Meh. Not sold on Fields but wish him no ill will. Seems like a good kid. Always fun to have hope when you sign that new QB. Now on the other hand when the Vikes gave all that money to Cousins and basically Hershcel Walkered the franchise again we were all saying what are they thinking.

• Haha
Meh. Not sold on Fields but wish him no ill will. Seems like a good kid. Always fun to have hope when you sign that new QB. Now on the other hand when the Vikes gave all that money to Cousins and basically Hershcel Walkered the franchise again we were all saying what are they thinking.
at least it was only 3 years!

vikings are well-run, won't take long to get back to the playoffs

Husker fans could justify rooting for the Lions, who have drafted 18 Cornhuskers to their teams, including Husker greats like Jimmy Williams, Dominic Raiola, Cory Schlessinger, Ndamukong Suh, and Ameer Abdullah. Plus, two of the Lions' all time greats were players we were very familiar with-- Billy Sims and Barry Sanders.

Regardless of who you were rooting for, I had the opportunity to attend the game in person tonight. That was my 8th trip to Lambeau in the last 11 years. Never gets old. It gets very loud when the Packers are on defense. A fantastic, iconic stadium if you ever have a chance to visit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT