ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 revolt?

Looks like the end of college football, the nfl needs to create a farm system like baseball and just draft these kids out of high school. The very least pull there scholarships
Yep. You can’t have a true amateur league with this much revenue. Put it to pasture and rebuild as true amateur league. Caps on salaries etc.

Ask minor league baseball players how well they are paid. As someone earlier said, they'll find enough players. This is just like players who think the games won't go on without them when they get suspended. They are dead wrong. I wonder if the walk-ons and 2nd and 3rd teamers are demanding anything? Maybe they hope the starters boycott.

Yep. You can’t have a true amateur league with this much revenue. Put it to pasture and rebuild as true amateur league. Caps on salaries etc.
Bill Walton once went to John Wooden to say he was going to miss practice to attend an anti-war rally (to young'uns: Vietnam). Wooden said in reply: "I admire you acting on your convictions, and we will miss you." Walton went to practice.

If you play a sport that brings in all the money...you deserve to get what you can get...If you play a sport that literally bleeds money...you get what you are given.

Reactions: bshirt73
Just go strictly to walk-ons. If a player wants to make as much money as they think they are entitled to, great. Then pay your own way through college and walk on to the football team.

They can't have it both ways.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and nwualum
If you play a sport that brings in all the money...you deserve to get what you can get...If you play a sport that literally bleeds money...you get what you are given.

don't necessarily disagree but a lot of non power 5 football programs bleed money
MAC schools for instance

many Olympic sports actually do OK as their expenses are very low - they aren't fully funded scholarship-wise so partipants pay a lot in tuition - cross country/track for instance

remember the uproar when UNO cut football? that program was a fiscal drain

Just go strictly to walk-ons. If a player wants to make as much money as they think they are entitled to, great. Then pay your own way through college and walk on to the football team.

They can't have it both ways.
players can't have it both ways, but the ncaa can?

if an amateur organization wants to make as much as they can, great. pay your employees.

Reactions: tone1017
don't necessarily disagree but a lot of non power 5 football programs bleed money
MAC schools for instance

many Olympic sports actually do OK as their expenses are very low - they aren't fully funded scholarship-wise so partipants pay a lot in tuition - cross country/track for instance

remember the uproar when UNO cut football? that program was a fiscal drain

I remember the fake uproar! It was amazing! So many people bitching about...the same people that were in Lincoln partying and watching the Huskers each Saturday and never at UNO. The amount of crying over that was insane.

If UNO makes the ncaa tourney in basketball...it will be the biggest deal ever...nothing football could have ever done would have compared. If UNO makes the dance and maybe upsets a 15 seed or if they had been the team that beat a 1 seed. My god.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Ok I’ll give ya funny, I guess I’ve seen to many dragnets with Jack web lecturing about the bad effects weed has on a person and society
Not a weed fan either but that was funny. I'm afraid we're nearing the day where you'll be able to buy a pack of joints at the local truck stop. They'll have it on a rack right next to the Salems.:(

buckeyetweet.png
And people wonder why China just passed us in GDP, won the 5G race and is well ahead on many other technology developments???

And people wonder why China just passed us in GDP, won the 5G race and is well ahead on many other technology developments???
please. we'd be favored by 50 against china in football.

cardale jones isn't solving global warming if he attends 4 semesters worth of class. paid a lot in taxes, though.

please. we'd be favored by 50 against china in football.

cardale jones isn't solving global warming if he attends 4 semesters worth of class. paid a lot in taxes, though.
It has been said that the US would not lose it’s superpower status from a gun, but from a pen. You have eloquently demonstrated how that will happen.

I wonder what the Title IX implications are of this. How can you pay the star QB more than the girl that sits the bench on the womens rifle team? You KNOW the feminists will demand equal pay.

Reactions: bshirt73
Bill Walton once went to John Wooden to say he was going to miss practice to attend an anti-war rally (to young'uns: Vietnam). Wooden said in reply: "I admire you acting on your convictions, and we will miss you." Walton went to practice.

need coaches who will say that today, what % will take on the backlash

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I wonder what the Title IX implications are of this. How can you pay the star QB more than the girl that sits the bench on the womens rifle team? You KNOW the feminists will demand equal pay.
Only for equal work.. Which is the current problem...

ADVERTISEMENT