ADVERTISEMENT

PAC—12 Spring Game attendance

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
Pac12 Spring game attendance so far. CU has a shiny new coach and their spring game is Saturday. Where will they rank on this list? The competition is stiff.

Pac12 Spring game attendance so far. CU has a shiny new coach and their spring game is Saturday. Where will they rank on this list? The competition is stiff.

2 teams left to play their games and combined all of the PAC 12 team attendance might not even reach Nebraska’s number.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7-14 for 67 yards and a 4 yard td. Still doesn’t look like the starter there.
Maybe one more year in S&C for Tristan. Looks like the Luton kid is their signal caller for 2019. I see he got a sixth year from the NCAA. Big kid, 6'6" and about 225.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Avery Roberts seems to have the best chance of the transfers to make something happen in Corvallis (probably helps him having the same coaching with Bray)

Reactions: dinglefritz
UCLA had theirs on the practice facility they use during the season.. Family members may have been the only one’s around..

Colorado's spring game will probably draw 4,000 to 5,000 fans. But if the Avs and Nuggets weren't in the playoffs, attendance would soar to around 5,500.

Just shows you how little there is to do in the Midwest.
I totally get that line, I do...but here has always been my thoughts...

1. You make time for things you enjoy. My best friend has lived in LA for 20 years and has been to the ocean about 20 times...he has driven to Vegas twice...and has never gone to the mountains.

2. Nebraska, by all accounts, has great hunting and fishing...I have lived in Nebraska for 20 years. I have never hunted once and I have never fished in this state.

The idea that everyone in a warm state that has water is in that water 24/7 is crazy. If anything...I would be MORE likely to attend my teams spring game in the PAC 12 because I KNOW I would have 360 other days to hit the beach up...

Last edited:
Really sick of that BS line about going to games here as there is nothing else to do. No one says that about Red Sox fans or Yankees fans. No, they are "great fans". I have no problem with that. There are a lot of teams with great fans. However, I've been going to Husker games with a friend since we were in high school 40+ years ago. We have both said that even if we were multi-millionaires (we're not), we would have enough money to travel the world. However, neither of us would ever plan any trip, event, etc. that conflicted with a Husker football game. We just enjoy the games that much, and I'm guessing most of us on this board feel the same.

Last edited:
I totally get that line, I do...but here has always been my thoughts...

1. You make time for things you enjoy. My best friend has lived in LA for 20 years and has been to the ocean about 20 times...he has driven to Vegas twice...and has never gone to the mountains.

2. Nebraska, by all accounts, has great hunting and fishing...I have lived in Nebraska for 20 years. I have never hunted once and I have never fished in this state.

The idea that everyone in a warm state that has water is in that water 24/7 is crazy. If anything...I would be MORE likely to attend my teams spring game in the PAC 12 because I KNOW I would have 360 other days to hit the beach up...
I've lived in SoCal 36 years. Yeah, first 5 years went nuts on the beach, museums, concerts, etc. Now I do same stuff as Nebraskans: garden, work on the house, visit friends, gym. My UCLA friends do the same as I, namely not much. They don't go to the games 35 minutes away, too much hassle they say. They don't do other things because there are so many choices, they are just apathetic. The highlight of my 2019 so far was flying back for the NU spring game.

Academically selective colleges have far lower student interest in watching sports. Most of my co-workers are UW, Stanford, or UCLA alums and have zero interest in their alma maters’ teams. Our son graduated with Chem E degree from the University of Texas, and he was the only one of his large group of friends that had ever gone to a football game at any level. He went to two UT games while he was in Austin.

Living on the West Coast now, the majority of our friends are hikers, climbers, kayakers or musicians. It’s just a different environment with wider range of activity options. It seems like high school and college football will become more regional in participation and interest, and that’s fine.

The day of Nebraska’s spring game we were at Mount Rainier with friends.

What’s amusing is the disdain for other parts of the country that don’t care about watching other people play sports - particularly a practice game.

Lived in Phoenix for awhile and went to ASU games. Got to say that as a fan base as a whole they really don't seem to care much about the games. Maybe going out in the heat isn't their idea of fun.?? Just look at how they carry on when allowed to watch a golf match. :)

Academically selective colleges have far lower student interest in watching sports. Most of my co-workers are UW, Stanford, or UCLA alums and have zero interest in their alma maters’ teams. Our son graduated with Chem E degree from the University of Texas, and he was the only one of his large group of friends that had ever gone to a football game at any level. He went to two UT games while he was in Austin.

Living on the West Coast now, the majority of our friends are hikers, climbers, kayakers or musicians. It’s just a different environment with wider range of activity options. It seems like high school and college football will become more regional in participation and interest, and that’s fine.

What’s amusing is the disdain for other parts of the country that don’t care about watching other people play sports - particularly a practice game.

Well ya know us undereducated simpletons here in flyover country just don’t have lives.

With how smart you are it is amazing that you missed the point.

Ask yourself this...are you a Husker football fan?

If yes...then you make time for the Huskers if possible, so that means that big things like weddings and funerals come first but if possible you make time to watch the team you like.

If no...Why are you posting here.

Now...your excuse for not watching the husker spring game was "Mount Rainier" now...I did take geology at my fancy Ivy League school and from what I remember them saying is that Mount Rainier will be around for a ****ing long ass time.

But you made plans to visit a rock, great, that is good for you but what it says is NOT what you think it does. It doesn't say that "Oh my gosh there is so much to do WHERE I LIVE" it says "I would rather visit a rock on the day when my favorite team is throwing a huge ass party for its fans"

There are 12 (13 if you count the spring game, 14 with a championship game, 15 with a bowl game and 16 if you make the playoffs) days where you favorite team is playing...

So less than 5% of the year is taken up by your favorite team...as far as I know Mount Rainier is there 365 days a year.

It was not that you had "something better to do" it was that you picked something else to do that you could have done any other day of the year.

With how smart you are it is amazing that you missed the point.

Ask yourself this...are you a Husker football fan?

If yes...then you make time for the Huskers if possible, so that means that big things like weddings and funerals come first but if possible you make time to watch the team you like.

If no...Why are you posting here.

Now...your excuse for not watching the husker spring game was "Mount Rainier" now...I did take geology at my fancy Ivy League school and from what I remember them saying is that Mount Rainier will be around for a ****ing long ass time.

But you made plans to visit a rock, great, that is good for you but what it says is NOT what you think it does. It doesn't say that "Oh my gosh there is so much to do WHERE I LIVE" it says "I would rather visit a rock on the day when my favorite team is throwing a huge ass party for its fans"

There are 12 (13 if you count the spring game, 14 with a championship game, 15 with a bowl game and 16 if you make the playoffs) days where you favorite team is playing...

So less than 5% of the year is taken up by your favorite team...as far as I know Mount Rainier is there 365 days a year.

It was not that you had "something better to do" it was that you picked something else to do that you could have done any other day of the year.
We should ask him if he was just in the Rainier park or on one of the three summits? ;)

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Maybe one more year in S&C for Tristan. Looks like the Luton kid is their signal caller for 2019. I see he got a sixth year from the NCAA. Big kid, 6'6" and about 225.

Luton is a decent player.

I've lived in SoCal 36 years. Yeah, first 5 years went nuts on the beach, museums, concerts, etc. Now I do same stuff as Nebraskans: garden, work on the house, visit friends, gym. My UCLA friends do the same as I, namely not much. They don't go to the games 35 minutes away, too much hassle they say. They don't do other things because there are so many choices, they are just apathetic. The highlight of my 2019 so far was flying back for the NU spring game.

This is such an underrated post and it is so very true.

There was actually a time when I stopped going to Lincoln for the games, I was just sort of "over it" I was over the drive and the crowds and the hassle of getting back...It happens.

Just shows you how little there is to do in the Midwest.
really? I've heard this same tired line for years. I could be fishing outside Lincoln in 20 minutes when I lived there. When my son lived in la, it took me 2 1/2 hours to drive to longbeach on the freeway, within 25 miles.

I would say people in the left coast just didn't find it worthwhile to go to those practice games because they get tired of fighting the traffic and determine it's just not worth it. I know I would come to that realization in less than a minute.

Yeah, that's really paradise-------------------lost.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Yeah, the Spring Game is not a game though. It's a scrimmage and barely even that. I'm a Nebraska fan, but I didn't watch it this year. I can't even remember what I did instead. I don't blame other fans for preferring other activities to watching players goofing around for 60 minutes on a football field, where the only thing that really matters is that no one gets injured. I think his main point is that it's just a different lifestyle out there. Nebraskans can get pretty defensive on stuff like this.

Reactions: Wannabee8
Point is that OP is critical of other universities’ fans for not going to their respective spring practice. I’m not criticizing or comparing NU fans.

People get to choose how they spend their time.

Point is that OP is critical of other universities’ fans for not going to their respective spring practice. I’m not criticizing or comparing NU fans.

No...the point is the OP is making fun of others, it is funny trash talking...you made it stupid. So myself and many others came here and drank your milkshake.

Reactions: timnsun and wkato

Like being on message boards rather than summiting a peak, swimming the ocean, or staring at their degree from a high class college. Got it.

This point of view is taken from within your own microcosm. As someone that has lived in major metro areas on both sides of the country and been around the "cultured elite", I have found self-absorption is more their style.

This is such an underrated post and it is so very true.

There was actually a time when I stopped going to Lincoln for the games, I was just sort of "over it" I was over the drive and the crowds and the hassle of getting back...It happens.

Watching your team get their ass kicked doesnt help.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing

that's correct. I was in Park City, Utah, and chose to watch the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT