ADVERTISEMENT

PA mandates found unconstitutional

Mack In Motion

Graduate Assistant
Jun 20, 2001

As these decisions come through the courts over the next year, those who implemented them should end up behind bars. D's or R's.

That's the penalty many of us plebes would / do face for openly violating the law.

As these decisions come through the courts over the next year, those who implemented them should end up behind bars. D's or R's.

That's the penalty many of us plebes would / do face for openly violating the law.

I guarantee you it will be 100% R's if any go to jail.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
And now San Francisco wants to allow 16 year olds vote. I think it should go the other way, like 30. Although I am reading that a lot of college age kids are more level headed than the 30 yr old millennials

If a kid is old enough to carry a rifle and die for his country, they should be eligible to vote. I'm not in favor of 16, but 18 is fine.

Prison time for the officials who enforced these violations of Constitutional rights is the only true justice here. If the state is required to pay damages, guess who is actually paying.

Prison time for the officials who enforced these violations of Constitutional rights is the only true justice here. If the state is required to pay damages, guess who is actually paying.

Our sitting president has been ruled against at least 60 times by courts, including 21 times by Republican judges, so what should be done there? Or is that different?

Our sitting president has been ruled against at least 60 times by courts, including 21 times by Republican judges, so what should be done there? Or is that different?

Two_Tiered_Justice_System.png

I think 18 is fine for the voting age, but when i was 16 working at a grocery store....I wondered why I had to pay taxes when I was unable to vote...If the voting age is 18, the taxing age should be 18 too.

I think 18 is fine for the voting age, but when i was 16 working at a grocery store....I wondered why I had to pay taxes when I was unable to vote...If the voting age is 18, the taxing age should be 18 too.

I doubt you ended up paying any federal tax at the end of the day.

I bought candy when I was 12 and paid sales tax. Should 12 year olds get a vote.? I kid of course, but you could see how one could take it that far.

Reactions: starbrown
I doubt you ended up paying any federal tax at the end of the day.

I bought candy when I was 12 and paid sales tax. Should 12 year olds get a vote.? I kid of course, but you could see how one could take it that far.
I probably didn't, but what about a Child actor that makes Bank...should they be taxed without representation...if we still believe that voting is being represented.

The quote attributed to Mark Twain...though he probably never said it : "If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It ."

Reactions: WHCSC
Let everyone vote, even in crayon if they have to. Probably a full 30% of eligible voters in this country couldn't do math at a 4th grade level, so what's the difference?

Reactions: OzzyLvr

We live in a republic, not a democracy. We don't vote on everything. Most of the "taxes" are baked in at the state and federal level. There are things like school bond issues that are local. If you want to say we should then have the power to elect representatives who vote on the taxes then that fits the republic model. I started paying taxes at 14 or 15 working for a farmer, by that standard I would be voting pretty early and frankly I knew nothing about what was going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT