Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
Carries- 12
Yards- 152
YPC- 12.7
TD- 2

5bcb9088f11bc.image.png

something happened during the northwestern game, where ogzigbo started cutting better and running north south faster. or maybe the oline just started blocking better.:cool:
I think it’s downfield blocking plus he’s added a little spice to his game.

Reactions: SC_'sker
He’s a stud. Wish he would have redshirted his freshman year, feels like he is just getting started.

Good point...unfortunately we could say that about Andy Janovich, Gerry Gdowski, and I am sure a few more over the years.

Last edited:
something happened during the northwestern game, where ogzigbo started cutting better and running north south faster. or maybe the oline just started blocking better.:cool:
I noticed on that NW game that many times he was able to escape the first defender who contacted him.

He's like a completely different guy the past few weeks. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. He seems to have gotten so much faster too. Major props to him.

Agree, the guy is running with some major passion right now. His quickness and speed are better than I ever would have imagined given the past few years when we all saw him play!

I think he's bought into the diet, S&C and the system completely. Really a credit to the kid for hard work and taking an opportunity.

From an NFL perspective, the speed he's showing now, the height/weight combo and toughness are well suited to getting a job at the next level. Additionally, a huge thing for him is his ability to catch. He's already at 10 catches this year and it's likely he'll surpass his career high by the end of the year.

Ozigbo’s poor performances in the past had nothing to do with coaches. Sometimes, believe it or not, it’s on the players.

WRONG.
Langsdick was the problem.

Play calling under Langsdorf was so blah and predictable. Combine lame play calling with last year's poor OLine play and you get a bunch of complaints about who ever you have at RB.

I strongly believe Ozigbo has been the same back the entire time he's been here. He's a bigger guy so naturally you don't expect him to have a burst and come with some wiggle but he does. He also runs with crazy determination.

Sidenote:
As a Freshman: Remember Ozigbo taking a backseat to Jordan Stevenson, the star RB of his class (Stevenson quit)
As a Sophomore: Remember Ozigbo falling behind incoming Freshman Bryant for 3rd string
As a Junior: Remember Ozigbo being 3rd string his junior year behind Bryant and Wilbon, at times going entire games with no carries at all
As a Senior: Remember Ozigbo again taking a backseat to another newcomer, Greg Bell (Bell quit after supposedly deserving the starting spot)

He has been underestimated his entire career here including initially by this staff. His isn’t a burner but his speed is more than adequate.

His greatest attribute is vision - he knows where the crease is or is going to be.

He’s a damn good receiver as well

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
NU wants a guy like Zig on the roster. A big back who can break big runs.

Play calling under Langsdorf was so blah and predictable. Combine lame play calling with last year's poor OLine play and you get a bunch of complaints about who ever you have at RB.

I strongly believe Ozigbo has been the same back the entire time he's been here. He's a bigger guy so naturally you don't expect him to have a burst and come with some wiggle but he does. He also runs with crazy determination.

Sidenote:
As a Freshman: Remember Ozigbo taking a backseat to Jordan Stevenson, the star RB of his class (Stevenson quit)
As a Sophomore: Remember Ozigbo falling behind incoming Freshman Bryant for 3rd string
As a Junior: Remember Ozigbo being 3rd string his junior year behind Bryant and Wilbon, at times going entire games with no carries at all
As a Senior: Remember Ozigbo again taking a backseat to another newcomer, Greg Bell (Bell quit after supposedly deserving the starting spot)
I’ve said it all along. Langsdick didn’t want Ozigbo in his offense.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
He has been underestimated his entire career here including initially by this staff. His isn’t a burner but his speed is more than adequate.

His greatest attribute is vision - he knows where the crease is or is going to be.

The clocked him at 23 last night

And he’s a good blocker. Remember how he was the only one to lay Tennessee’s Barnett on his ass!

I hated the idea of him lining up out wide, but he's done a solid job catching the ball. Ozigbo has always been a decent back but this year he's becoming a good back.

I hated the idea of him lining up out wide, but he's done a solid job catching the ball. Ozigbo has always been a decent back but this year he's becoming a good back.
It’s very hard for you to give praise isn’t it?

He’s gone from decent to good...

So is ‘good’ good enough for Sundays? Frost seems to think so...

Reactions: yunginsNU2
It’s very hard for you to give praise isn’t it?

He’s gone from decent to good...

So is ‘good’ good enough for Sundays? Frost seems to think so...
We're a 1-6 team and that makes our better players look great when they're really just average or above average players. I don't know if we'd have a single player starting if they played on some of the better teams in this conference. Ozigbo's done a good job this year and some other guys have played well. That doesn't make them great players though.

We're a 1-6 team and that makes our better players look great when they're really just average or above average players. I don't know if we'd have a single player starting if they played on some of the better teams in this conference. Ozigbo's done a good job this year and some other guys have played well. That doesn't make them great players though.
So Frost was just being nice.

So Frost was just being nice.
Frost has been over hyping a lot of things. Like Greg Bell "the Eel". That's not necessarily a bad thing. Ozigbo might make an NFL roster but I doubt he's going to be playing a ton on Sundays.

Frost has been over hyping a lot of things. Like Greg Bell "the Eel". That's not necessarily a bad thing. Ozigbo might make an NFL roster but I doubt he's going to be playing a ton on Sundays.
If Burkhead is doing it...Zig will as well. He reminds me of a faster Burkhead

You may be right, and I know a coach is going to lift up his players... I do like Zig’s intangibles. He’s durable, doesn’t fumble, catches passes, blocks, and doesn’t complain.

Will he be a Janovich type player? Maybe... but I like his chances of catching on somewhere.

We will see.

You are really going out on a limb there Jar. Literally 99% of the players on the field every week will probably not see "significant time" in the NFL. Zig has worked his ass off and has earned his respect among real Husker fans. I suspect you are some Iowa/UCF troll who loves to post on here because your team is boring and not worthy of following. Go away. You hanging out here is just pathetic. Go follow your "much better" program.

Geezus Mary and Joseph. A crappy record makes players look better than they actually are? What I'm seeing, and the numbers they are putting up, are all skewed because of the team's record? You are priceless.

ADVERTISEMENT