ADVERTISEMENT

OWH: What Held Says About His RB Room

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Held is pretty positive although of course you'd expect that. Seems like there really is a lot of talent, just also a lot of inexperience behind Mills. Sounds like even Ronald Thompkins will get his chance to play if there is a season.

OWH ARTICLE

Held is pretty positive although of course you'd expect that. Seems like there really is a lot of talent, just also a lot of inexperience behind Mills. Sounds like even Ronald Thompkins will get his chance to play if there is a season.

OWH ARTICLE
He tested positive!?!? Crap there went the season.

I guess you said pretty positive. Sounds like florida test results as of lately.
Sorry Cap. Thanks for posting.
Sounds good.... I won't use the word positive

We really need Scott or Morrison to be the real deal. We're due.
I think the issue for them is how quickly can they pick up Scott's spread offense. Apparently it took Mills some early games before he got the hang of it.

Reactions: saluno22

OWH ARTICLE

I've said it before many times... I really believe that Thompkins, If healthy, which it appears he is, is going to light things up in a B1G way!

I've said it before many times... I really believe that Thompkins, If healthy, which it appears he is, is going to light things up in a B1G way!

I wouldn't mind giving him another year to heal if that would make any difference, he might receive another year of eligibility for medical hardship. I'd hate to see all that Lawrence Phillips like talent go to waste.

Reactions: headcard
I wouldn't mind giving him another year to heal if that would make any difference, he might receive another year of eligibility for medical hardship. I'd hate to see all that Lawrence Phillips like talent go to waste.
Held says he will play but they won't overwork him either. So I think his reps will be controlled vs. the others. Personally I believe it's psychologically important to give a player with those kind of injuries some playing time when he healed up enough.

Between he, Morrison, and Scott we've got a really good shot at having an all-conference running back in the next few years. Rahmir is fine but I never expected him to be more than a quality backup.

Hopefully we dont end up with the same deal we had with Abdullah, heard, and green where only one of them sticks around.

they have an increasing number to choose from - I hope they can identify the best one to play

the best RB this staff has had thus far was Oz (by a mile) -- after all of their evaluation - with limited numbers he started out buried on the depth chart behind Bell and Mo (both flakes)

I think the issue for them is how quickly can they pick up Scott's spread offense. Apparently it took Mills some early games before he got the hang of it.

You didn't watch them?

Mills had trouble with the zone running game. Got a lot better as the season went on.

Reactions: kakdawg
No doubt Mills took a while to get the hang of where running lanes might be but for crying out loud, how many times was he stuffed almost immediately before he even got a chance to find a lane?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT