ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under

Covid deaths of pro and college athletes, I'll put it at .5

over

https://people.com/human-interest/21-year-old-college-baseball-player-dies-coronavirus/

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeav815
Sad story as relayed by People magazine. Interestingly it says he was "quickly put on a ventilator". As we've learned since that happened back in April, that is one of the worst things you can do to a COVID patient. There is an agenda driving this story. Not saying it's wrong but it makes me question the veracity of the reporting that "he had no other known health problems". The story doesn't mention whether an autopsy was performed to determine if in fact he had an underlying condition. IF it is true, he hit the lottery because his risk of dying from this was roughly one in a million.

College aged students are going to die this next year as they do every year from influenza and nobody will say a word.

College aged students are going to die this next year as they do every year from influenza and nobody will say a word.

I think they will say words. Some will test positive for Covid and be listed as Covid deaths, and therefor talked about...a lot. I think there will be more than 2 athletes that will die from “Covid”.

There may be more to this story:

https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/wes...cle_fa675aee-79c1-11ea-a92c-93532f15d88a.html

No information on health factors related to the death have been released. In a message shared by friends of the family on Facebook, Kevin Lyster, Cody’s father, said on Tuesday night the doctors were working on getting Cody on dialysis when his heart stopped. He was 21 years old.

COVID is a multisystem disease
Most young people who die of viral ARDS die of multi-organ system failure - renal failure - cardiac involvement etc

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m just glad my boy jib321 found himself a hobby (yeah that’s what I’ll call it, a hobby). He doesn’t give a crap about the Huskers or Husker recruiting but the man has an obsession for the COVID-19 issues. My man is always popping up in these threads with some sad info to enlighten the group with. I’m just glad something has the mans focus....found himself a hobby. Congrats my man.

Myself, I’m so glad football is about here and we are finally about to see some games. We should see our new schedules by tomorrow, I’m guessing anyways....GBR 4 life!!!

Last edited:
COVID is a multisystem disease
Most young people who die of viral ARDS die of multi-organ system failure - renal failure - cardiac involvement etc
True. We still don't know really know for sure what his physical status before COVID was. He had played "club baseball". He doesn't exactly appear from his pictures that he was in great physical shape. The bottom line is that it is a sad deal and the article made it clear that his parents want to use his death to wake young people up. It won't work though. They won't listen. Hell older people who should know better haven't figured it out yet. Walked by 4 60 year olds standing 2 feet from each other visiting in HyVee this morning.

I'm guessing we'll see something like half the Tampa Bay team gets COVID and it will shut down the season. Maybe someone will die. Something will happen and we will all deal with it. It's crazy times. We are witnessing history.

ADVERTISEMENT