ADVERTISEMENT

Over a dozen recruits in Lincoln this weekend...

Not saying you’re wrong here, but you’ve seen the OL play? We lose 3 or 4 starters next year. Guys like Barnett are never going to see the field. Raridon is the only one with all conf potential. Could be the weakest depth/talent I’ve seen at Neb. What’s sad is all the schollys tied up. Won’t improve for 3 or 4 years minimum. SF doesn’t seem to focused on the OL/DL which is scary. He’s recruiting what’s comfortable which I get, but I don’t get.

I think we have some good ones that will get better going forwards. I agree on a guy like Barnett is probably never going to see the field as a starter, if even 2nd string. He needs to get his degree in 4 years and be done with football here IMO.

Decker will play for 2018 and 2019.
Jaimes, Farniok, Raridon, and Wilson will play for 2018, 2019, 2020.

I think it is way too early to decide whether Sichterman, Bando, and Walker are going to play or not.

2019 starters, from LT to RT, could be: Jaimes, Raridon, Decker, Wilson, Farniok

There is good talent in that group of 5, but yes, you need depth and give these young guys a chance before writing them all off.

We still need to take 3-4 OL every year IMO, just because of the importance of the trenches and the chance of injuries.

=====================================

This is why I think WR and DB are more urgent than OL:

j9oFDTI.png

See how few WRs we have recruited in the last 3 years? The 2016 class hurts. For 2019, we have 3 total WRs already on campus for 3 or 4 starting positions.

The devil's advocate in me says that a young WR is more apt to be able to play as a freshman than a freshman O-Lineman (although Jaimes says hello), but as of right now, we are extremely thin at WR for 2019 and beyond.

Starting in 2019, we have 4 CBs and 3 safeties that are already on the roster. Not getting Blades hurt for sure, but we still need depth.

How soon can a DB play and be successful? Not as likely as a freshman unless he is an absolute stud. We saw how good Lamar Jackson wasn't his freshman and sophomore years and he was a highly regarded recruit.

We at least have numbers on the OL from the 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes. Not so much for the WRs and DBs... which is why I think those groups are more urgent than OL for this 2018 class.

Last edited:
See how few WRs we have recruited in the last 3 years? The 2016 class hurts. For 2019, we have 3 total WRs already on campus for 3 or 4 starting positions.

Starting in 2019, we have 4 CBs and 3 safeties that are already on the roster. Not getting Blades hurt for sure, but we still need depth.

Great Analysis. As far as 2019 WR, Conor Young has shown that he is more than capable of providing some depth and I think Kade Warner will be able to also. I don't know about any of the other walk-ons. Stovall will be able to provide 2019 depth at the CB position. I would guess that Nebraska will be hitting the JUCO ranks hard for CBs and WRs next year.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Hope we can reel in a few from this weekend. Early signing day will be interesting

Last edited:
I think we have some good ones that will get better going forwards. I agree on a guy like Barnett is probably never going to see the field as a starter, if even 2nd string. He needs to get his degree in 4 years and be done with football here IMO.

Decker will play for 2018 and 2019.
Jaimes, Farniok, Raridon, and Wilson will play for 2018, 2019, 2020.

I think it is way too early to decide whether Sichterman, Bando, and Walker are going to play or not.

2019 starters, from LT to RT, could be: Jaimes, Raridon, Decker, Wilson, Farniok

There is good talent in that group of 5, but yes, you need depth and give these young guys a chance before writing them all off.

We still need to take 3-4 OL every year IMO, just because of the importance of the trenches and the chance of injuries.

=====================================

This is why I think WR and DB are more urgent than OL:

j9oFDTI.png

The devil's advocate in me says that a young WR is more apt to be able to play as a freshman than a freshman O-Lineman (although Jaimes says hello), but as of right now, we are extremely thin at WR for 2019 and beyond.

How soon can a DB play and be successful? Not as likely as a freshman unless he is an absolute stud. We saw how good Lamar Jackson wasn't his freshman and sophomore years and he was a highly regarded recruit.

We at least have numbers on the OL from the 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes. Not so much for the WRs and DBs... which is why I think those groups are more urgent than OL for this 2018 class.
The biggest question marks for me will be who starts at QB and CB. I think we have plenty of talent to field a competitive team and win 7 games at the very least even with the system turnover. It's gonna be fun to watch. There will be hiccups along the way but I expect to see a much more logical scheme on D at the very least.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
The biggest question marks for me will be who starts at QB and CB. I think we have plenty of talent to field a competitive team and win 7 games at the very least even with the system turnover. It's gonna be fun to watch. There will be hiccups along the way but I expect to see a much more logical scheme on D at the very least.
OLB will be an issue too and will need some WR/TE depth that fits the system. Also not sure about RB. Can Jaylin be the guy? Will Tre be healthy?

OLB will be an issue too and will need some WR/TE depth that fits the system. Also not sure about RB. Can Jaylin be the guy? Will Tre be healthy?
Doesn't sound like Tre will be healthy. I like what we have at RB but we really need to recruit a guy with homerun capability.

Reactions: headcard

Don't kid yourself...

With the talent on this team AND the new (better) coaching, this team will show how bad the previous staff was at actually coaching and will win at least 10 games next year! Winking

Reactions: oldjar07
Doesn't sound like Tre will be healthy. I like what we have at RB but we really need to recruit a guy with homerun capability.

?? Heard something new, or just going by how this season and what his injury was?

I did a google search and find nothing that talks about a timeline on his return; also nothing that states how long he was expected to be out, except that it was a season-ending surgery.

?? Heard something new, or just going by how this season and what his injury was?

I did a google search and find nothing that talks about a timeline on his return; also nothing that states how long he was expected to be out, except that it was a season-ending surgery.
No. Just that there's been some talk that he's done from some people I think maybe know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT