ADVERTISEMENT

Over a dozen recruits in Lincoln this weekend...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
with 55 degree weather under sunny skies, a new top 10 QB committed, a young dynamic staff, the best facilities in CFB, the national CFB coach of the year...

Sounds like a recipe for some new commits to get on board! Man, it’s fun to be a Husker fan again. GBR!

with 55 degree weather under sunny skies, a new top 10 QB committed, a young dynamic staff, the best facilities in CFB, the national CFB coach of the year...

Sounds like a recipe for some new commits to get on board! Man, it’s fun to be a Husker fan again. GBR!

Yes, this, exactly this!

Reactions: headcard

List?

tIkrUhm.jpg

I wonder if they'll introduce the new coaching staff at halftime of the bball game? They usually do that type of thing. Should be a great atmosphere. You can tell recruits to imagine this but with 6x more people.

And hopefully a better outcome on the scoreboard lol

I wonder if they'll introduce the new coaching staff at halftime of the bball game? They usually do that type of thing. Should be a great atmosphere. You can tell recruits to imagine this but with 6x more people.

I think they will wait until January for a full staff introduction. Not sure everyone will be in Lincoln this weekend.

Oline was partially coaching - not the right training or reps to improve (and general philosophy of oline play. But we don't have the right guys at tackle. Talent at G/C is good - especially if we can move some of the existing guys inside. OT, DE, QB - get those right - ESPECIALLY immediate help there - and our chances of improving next season go up significantly.

They are targeting some JUCO tackles, but if you think freshmen offensive linemen can come in and be the answer for next season, I have some premium Alpine Property in Kansas to sell you.
OL is an urgent need whether or not new OL recruits make an immediate impact, especially when you factor the number of OL players graduating next year. You should be signing 4-5 OL every class in any event. The critical need is at OT - if 2, preferably 3 OT are not included in this class, you have a major fail. As of today, Nebraska has one (1) OL commitment (OG Farniok).

OL is an urgent need whether or not new OL recruits make an immediate impact, especially when you factor the number of OL players graduating next year. You should be signing 4-5 OL every class in any event. The critical need is at OT - if 2, preferably 3 OT are not included in this class, you have a major fail. As of today, Nebraska has one (1) OL commitment (OG Farniok).
The problem with signing 4-5 this year, is that I think we only lose 1 scholarship player this year to graduation. The problem may be numbers so coaching up what we have is a must. We have some highly rated guys who other power 5 schools offered so I think coaching was a huge problem. This year we returned most of our starters and guys who played a lot due to injuries yet we played worse imo.

We don’t have bad numbers on the OL, we have just had poor development. OL is a developmental position and you never know what guys will be like after they gain 30-50 lbs, that is why you see so many busts and have so many walk ones play there.

YVE2YTU.png

Move everyone up a year for 2018.

How many scholarships should be allotted for the OL? 15/85 (17%) before adding any OTs.

OL positions account for 5 of the 22, which is nearly 23%, so we should get 2-4 in this class.

Not sure I would say it is urgent, given the last talent of the last 3 classes, at least not compared to WR and DB...

We need some big mean uglies on the line. Some of these guys look like they could tutor me in chemistry.

AHTJPASHBTPPRDD.20170703143510.JPG

I noticed before the Wisconsin game, when they were rolling the 1997 team’s headshots on the big screen alongside the current team’s during warmups, that the guys from the 97 team looked like grown dudes and the current players looked like children.

Reactions: Mtnhusker

I hope we get Bryson Williams, pains me to see guys go on to play against us at Iowa and Wiscy that we passed on. Probably too late for Frost to change the kids mind. This should stop happening going forward.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I hope we get Bryson Williams, pains me to see guys go on to play against us at Iowa and Wiscy that we passed on. Probably too late for Frost to change the kids mind. This should stop happening going forward.
Agree, the kid at Stanford right now is a damn good player, Fant is another one we missed on. It is one thing to miss on a player, but it really sucks when they play on teams that have been better than you and you have to play them every year.

I noticed before the Wisconsin game, when they were rolling the 1997 team’s headshots on the big screen alongside the current team’s during warmups, that the guys from the 97 team looked like grown dudes and the current players looked like children.
How old are you now?

Anyone get the feeling that Frost walks around knowing he has the biggest dong in the room?

Honestly, I was a little surprised by the reaction to your post...

Not as bad as the Calvin and Hobbes "Frosting" Iowa...
zQ0SDvf.png

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT