ADVERTISEMENT

Over 500 in the portal already

If we came out of the portal with a several OLs and pass rushers, I would be be ecstatic. Skill positions will get all of the pub, but give me the trenches. And for Gods sake, 2 pass rushers.
I think that mathis was good....but only had 1 year in a dline that fliped coaches midway...
if he would of been a 5 year player in a consitnt system he would of been alot better

So, what happens to guys that enter the portal but don't find a new home?
1f523914-8dff-44e1-a5bc-d21575132aaf_text.gif

they need 4 buttons to click for players in the transfer portal to define the reason.
1. just want to leave, home sick/following a particular coach/girlfreind wants me somewhere else/family member sick
2. looking for nil money
3. looking for more playing time
4. will remain if improvement on 3 or 4

that way folks know the score.

they need 4 buttons to click for players in the transfer portal to define the reason.
1. just want to leave, home sick/following a particular coach/girlfreind wants me somewhere else/family member sick
2. looking for nil money

5. Fvck it, I’m not that great and I need to try and fool another program with my stars instead of my skills.

In 1 day. Plenty of options coach Rhule!!
It'll probably ramp up to a couple of thousand or so before it's all over. Real job for the recruiting staff to identify the diamonds in that big pool. I imagine there will be a lot of blurry eyes from watching all that film.

Hopefully this staff will be much more selective. Outside of the QB and pass rusher who both got (I think) north of $500 k to come here, I can't think of any position players who came here and started right away. The previous staff was so foolish in how they handled the portal. It's gotta get better than that. If a kid needs an upcoming surgery or can't beat out a walk-on, do not give them a scholarship!

Hopefully this staff will be much more selective. Outside of the QB and pass rusher who both got (I think) north of $500 k to come here, I can't think of any position players who came here and started right away. The previous staff was so foolish in how they handled the portal. It's gotta get better than that. If a kid needs an upcoming surgery or can't beat out a walk-on, do not give them a scholarship!
back to back seasons where our leading WR was a 1 and done transfer

Our two top WRs this year came from the portal. Toure the year before.

Our two top WRs this year came from the portal. Toure the year before.
also Mills, Bell and Grant were all day 1 starters as transfers

starting TE came from the portal this year, too, just not his first year in the program

Reactions: dinglefritz
2. looking for nil money

Gotta be NIL money more than anything else, right? Most of these kids know they are not going pro, so they are tryna get that bag while they can. And I can’t blame em. I have no idea what our avg NIL spend is, but it has to be more than a management trainee gig at HyVee after graduating.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT