ADVERTISEMENT

Out of Conference Game

Apparently South Dakota State has an open date this weekend.

Unfortunately it's Hobo Days.

However on the plus side, advantages are:

1) it's within driving distance and
2) SDSU's administration isn't full of vaginas

With no fans at these games anyhow, let's go up there, hobo day it up, and play some football.

Apparently South Dakota State has an open date this weekend.

Unfortunately it's Hobo Days.

However on the plus side, advantages are:

1) it's within driving distance and
2) SDSU's administration isn't full of vaginas

With no fans at these games anyhow, let's go up there, hobo day it up, and play some football.

they are playing in the spring

Zero chance the Big 10 will allow this. We’re in a communist conference.
im curious as to why the Big 10 thinks they could stop us from playing. NU owns the stadium, not the Big 10. They are NU student athletes, not the Big 10's. NU resources, not BIg 10's. we can find and pay for refs (hell they might even get a fairly called game this way), not the big 10. they don't need to provide any announcers or tv cameras. tell them to eat a bag of d*cks. NU radio guys on 1620 is good enough for me. BIG 10 was fine with canceling the game and not postponing it so NU should do whats best for them. Whats the BIG 10 going to do? Kick them out? good!!!!

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
im curious as to why the Big 10 thinks they could stop us from playing. NU owns the stadium, not the Big 10. They are NU student athletes, not the Big 10's. NU resources, not BIg 10's. we can find and pay for refs (hell they might even get a fairly called game this way), not the big 10. they don't need to provide any announcers or tv cameras. tell them to eat a bag of d*cks. NU radio guys on 1620 is good enough for me. BIG 10 was fine with canceling the game and not postponing it so NU should do whats best for them. Whats the BIG 10 going to do? Kick them out? good!!!!

League rules Donny!

The B1G will probably decide late Friday or early next week that it is OK for league schools to play out of conference games. This way they can still screw over Nebraska, but make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

The B1G will probably decide late Friday or early next week that it is OK for league schools to play out of conference games. This way they can still screw over Nebraska, but make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.
And Nebraska better not say anything about it, including fans or the IMG radio, or national media will shame them again.

Wait -- Mertz tested positive "Prior to the game"?

Wisconsin played a KNOWN POSITIVE player against Illinois?

What? How is that not a massive national story? They played a COVID positive player, potentially infecting everyone, to win a game. And now they refuse to play without him, in the name of safety.

But I'm sure this is fine, let's just talk about how Nebraska has the nerve to want to play football.

So I imagine he had to ask permission from the B1G ( Steve Warren ) to play a non conference game before we could ask someone to play Nebraska Saturday..

Wait -- Mertz tested positive "Prior to the game"?

Wisconsin played a KNOWN POSITIVE player against Illinois?

This alone should make them Forfeit this weekend with Wolf out now ass well..

Can’t tell me that they didn’t want to take the chance of losing this weekend..

I agree with this. schedule someone, and fill the stadium on Saturday.

F the b1g and every single member school towing their line.

If the game was canceled and not postponed, I don't think the dickless 10 can legally do anything to stop us? Not like they can screw us anymore than they already have. At this point getting kicked out would be a blessing.
Then our two guys should also be able to play.
If they deny Nebraska, it’d be an atrocity.

I bet we’re even offering to rapid test them ourselves.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
If the game was canceled and not postponed, I don't think the dickless 10 can legally do anything to stop us? Not like they can screw us anymore than they already have. At this point getting kicked out would be a blessing.
I think we all know what the answer is going to be.

Reactions: tpmcg and Swiv3D
This is interesting. Is the juice worth the squeeze on this? I was thinking that W being a bunch of bee-at-chiz was allowing for us to get in extra prep time for our next game or two, which we could really use. Bringing in someone else to play would be a much better idea if that team was P5. There seems a lot that can go wrong with this for little reward. Sure, being able to watch NU play this weekend is great, but what if a key player or two get knocked out for the season, or catches the vid, or too much of the team catches the vid so as to compromise a few games in conference? All over UTC?

This is interesting. Is the juice worth the squeeze on this? I was thinking that W being a bunch of bee-at-chiz was allowing for us to get in extra prep time for our next game or two, which we could really use. Bringing in someone else to play would be a much better idea if that team was P5. There seems a lot that can go wrong with this for little reward. Sure, being able to watch NU play this weekend is great, but what if a key player or two get knocked out for the season, or catches the vid, or too much of the team catches the vid so as to compromise a few games in conference? All over UTC?
One thing I know... if we did find an opponent this weekend (UTC), we would get 2 players back for the full game the following week... and if we came through with no injuries, it would have been helpful if for no other reason, the B1G would have failed to screw us a second time on this one.

The kids have been working their butts off and want to play games.

The kids have been working their butts off and want to play games.
Yep. You always want to play. From player development, to retention, to recruiting (tough to get players to come play football if you're part of a conference that never plays football) to scheme.

You want to play. Unless you're Barry Alvarez.

ADVERTISEMENT