ADVERTISEMENT

Our turn in the negative spotlight

Old news. If you scroll down in that article there's a follow up on the Iowa debacle.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-mishandled-reports-sexual-assault-harassment

Accused of violating title ix and racial discrimination.

More fallout from LeGrone and Hunt

If I remember right, this was known a while back when they first filed the suit. I believe there was an issue with the person filing the complaint with the Title IX office in that she didn't follow procedure correctly so when she tried to get exemption from performing badly in classes it was not granted.

ESPN has a definite bias as of late and I think it's interesting that they omitted that detail but I clearly remember it from when the story first broke a couple months ago.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If anything it's an administrative and Title IX office issue. The FB coaching staff seems to have been handling things properly.

If I remember right, this was known a while back when they first filed the suit. I believe there was an issue with the person filing the complaint with the Title IX office in that she didn't follow procedure correctly so when she tried to get exemption from performing badly in classes it was not granted.

ESPN has a definite bias as of late and I think it's interesting that they omitted that detail but I clearly remember it from when the story first broke a couple months ago.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If anything it's an administrative and Title IX office issue. The FB coaching staff seems to have been handling things properly.

We shall see!

I guess the original suit was filed in Michigan along with Michigan State students, it was dismissed, split and filed yesterday in Nebraska fresh.

I guess the original suit was filed in Michigan along with Michigan State students, it was dismissed, split and filed yesterday in Nebraska fresh.

Some serious accusations - some criminal in nature - racist behavior being accused. This is huge especially in today’s environment.

Some serious accusations - some criminal in nature - racist behavior being accused. This is huge especially in today’s environment.

that’s funny coming from an Iowa fan that has all those racial issues going on literally right this second. I know if I was an Iowa fan, I’d stfu and I definitely wouldn’t give any other team crap. Being a racist football team and fans and having racist football coaches that knew about the problem and did nothing at all....that just takes the cake over this issue in this thread. It’s not even in the same galaxy.

Last edited:
https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-mishandled-reports-sexual-assault-harassment

Accused of violating title ix and racial discrimination.

More fallout from LeGrone and Hunt

I didn’t see a single thing in the article about racial discrimination. Maybe against a white female player/s but definitely not against any black player/s. Unless that’s what they meant, against whites. And we know Hunt and LeGrone wasn’t discriminated against. Those two just f_cked up and got into trouble. So I’m at a lose there.

Looks like a big bunch of nothing. Let em press whatever garbage they are trying to hand out. ESPN has no bias towards Nebraska. They just want to unload on any program that might have perceived inequality regarding issues of the day.

that’s funny coming from an Iowa fan that has all those racial issues going on literally right this second. I know if I was an Iowa fan, I’d stfu and I definitely wouldn’t give any other team crap. Being a racist football team and fans and having racist football coaches that knew about the problem and did nothing at all....that just takes the cake over this issue in this thread. It’s not even in the same galaxy.
Rape > heinous than telling someone to cut their hair. Just saying!

(Satire alert)

It is amazing how white men have held down other races and sexes down for so long. Was there some genius who crafted this centuries old plan and orchestrated it so it would continue flawlessly for generations? Fortunately, there are many white men stepping back and letting others in the club - otherwise this white male domination could never be stopped.

When in the big 10, do as big 10 do. Seriously though, wondering what the racial part will be about. Is it related to the sex assaults or separate deal?

The racial component is alleged by the assault related to the ROTC incident. That has absolutely nothing to do with Nebraska Athletics or Nebraska football, but ESPN is attempting to make the connection for extra sensationalism.

IMHO the University is an EDUCATIONAL entity. They should not do investigations. Investigations are for Campus Police, City LE or the State. Once the appropriate LE's institutions are done investigating then I think UNL can get involved and request findings. I also think they have to let the courts play their role. Shouldn't condemn a person guilty, rush to judgement or formulate opinions before a court does. This is a major issue with a lot of events that happen today. People are being declared guilty by public opinion or people are overreacting before getting a vetted outcome. 2nd problem I have is when events happen off campus. I don't think UNL should be liable for events that happen off campus that are not sanctioned events. I am okay with a student code of conduct though and I do think they need to take allegations seriously but they have to allow proper authorities to do their jobs. I have not read the entire thing and I am not saying that this applies here. This lawsuit though has drudged up these past thoughts I've had with other cases.

Yes it is. And it occurs on all campuses unfortunately, that is sad. They are also different in that rape is committed by a lone criminal where systematic racism is a result of a purported leader of young men
Please give evidence of systemic racism?

IMHO the University is an EDUCATIONAL entity. They should not do investigations. Investigations are for Campus Police, City LE or the State. Once the appropriate LE's institutions are done investigating then I think UNL can get involved and request findings. I also think they have to let the courts play their role. Shouldn't condemn a person guilty, rush to judgement or formulate opinions before a court does. This is a major issue with a lot of events that happen today. People are being declared guilty by public opinion or people are overreacting before getting a vetted outcome. 2nd problem I have is when events happen off campus. I don't think UNL should be liable for events that happen off campus that are not sanctioned events. I am okay with a student code of conduct though and I do think they need to take allegations seriously but they have to allow proper authorities to do their jobs. I have not read the entire thing and I am not saying that this applies here. This lawsuit though has drudged up these past thoughts I've had with other cases.

These are Title IX issues, and then issues for the entire campus system...the school doesn't really have much of a say. There are some changes taking place in the fall that might relieve of responsibility for off-campus incidents, but that decision is probably being made at the state level.

The 2018 study by the athletic department thru an external party that ‘ showed serious racial bias in Iowa football’. Some fluff changes were made as a result but the head was not cut off. Not until bad media around the topic this year was a major change made (axing strength coach)

You went from systemic racism to racial bias, you do know the difference don’t you? Once again you can’t cite any actual situations that took place. Someone writes an article citing something that someone said to somebody else that mentioned what they heard and all of a sudden it’s a credible story. What I actually heard was more of a boot camp atmosphere than anything racially motivated. Many of the complaints came from former players who never finished their career at Iowa, others tried to get their brothers to commit Iowa.

Lol....although the vast majority of Iowa fans that slink over here are total intellectually dishonest gas bags, it would appear that most of them have had the sense to go away. Until baby fat BF is canned, the Iowa scandal will remain.....and I will relish every moment of the negative spotlight being pointed at Iowa.

Reactions: Bugeater
You went from systemic racism to racial bias, you do know the difference don’t you? Once again you can’t cite any actual situations that took place. Someone writes an article citing something that someone said to somebody else that mentioned what they heard and all of a sudden it’s a credible story. What I actually heard was more of a boot camp atmosphere than anything racially motivated. Many of the complaints came from former players who never finished their career at Iowa, others tried to get their brothers to commit Iowa.

Please provide your definitions of systemic racism and racial bias. Would be nice if you can give examples of each.

Reactions: Bugeater
It's comical how all is silent about BF contribution but they're quick to denounce Doyle and give him the boot. Doyle more than likely had a hush clause that prevented from complaining about BF. Pays to be the coaches son! Ultimately, this falls on KKKF, it's his program, his son, and his Strength coach for over 20 years. You can't convince me he didn't know what was going on. If Doyle and BF talked to kids like that, then they described the situations to KKKF the same way in private meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT