ADVERTISEMENT

Our offense sucks, our defense sucks, our playcalling

Iowa won, simple as that. The game falls in Tommy and no one else, hes not a smart QB, no other way around it. 4 picks and a pick 6? And Iowa still inly beats by 8? That does say a lot. If we had a smart QB in any sense Iowa losses soundly. Like i said all week we will loss if this Tommy shows up and as our luck goes, he did.

Pelini wouldn't have won nine this year either. If he was so amazing don't you suppose ysu would have won more games. Or does he get the time to build a program. All you people who sit behind your keyboards waiting for a loss can go shove it up your asses.

For such a great fan base a lot of Husker fans sure are fair weather pansies.
RIley supporte
Pelini wouldn't have won nine this year either. If he was so amazing don't you suppose ysu would have won more games. Or does he get the time to build a program. All you people who sit behind your keyboards waiting for a loss can go shove it up your asses.

Riley supporters love to go back to what Bo would have done. Unfortunately for them, Bo never even came close to a season this bad. This coming from someone who wanted Bo fired after 2012 season. Listen, Bo wasn't getting it done. He's gone. It was 2 years too late IMO. So now that Riley's first season is over, can Riley supporters now actually move on from Bo? This guy will never win crap at Nebraska...bank on it. Here's a NEWFLASH......NOT EVERY RILEY DETRACTOR IS/WAS A BO SUPPORTER. It is possible they both are horrible.

RIley supporte

Riley supporters love to go back to what Bo would have done. Unfortunately for them, Bo never even came close to a season this bad. This coming from someone who wanted Bo fired after 2012 season. Listen, Bo wasn't getting it done. He's gone. It was 2 years too late IMO. So now that Riley's first season is over, can Riley supporters now actually move on from Bo? This guy will never win crap at Nebraska...bank on it. Here's a NEWFLASH......NOT EVERY RILEY DETRACTOR IS/WAS A BO SUPPORTER. It is possible they both are horrible.
Significant generalization about us Riley supporters. He deserves a chance on his own merits IMO.

Reactions: HuskerO
If we had just lost, I would have said nothing. Iowa is good.

Having a chance and pissing it away on a 4th and 1 fade? No way. That and the Illinois game ending are inexcusable.

Significant generalization about us Riley supporters. He deserves a chance on his own merits IMO.
Yeah, it's the same kind of generalization the "supporters" say about anyone who doesn't think Riley is a good coach. Everytime I say anything bad about Riley, it's assumed I'm a Bo supporter. Significant generalization don't you think?

Well, Riley says what he learned is you have to win the turnover battle in the Big Ten. So we have that going for us

Yeah, it's the same kind of generalization the "supporters" say about anyone who doesn't think Riley is a good coach. Everytime I say anything bad about Riley, it's assumed I'm a Bo supporter. Significant generalization don't you think?
I've never said anything of the sort, but it is an unfair generalization going that way too.

How can you say playcalling was bad today? Bill Walsh could be our OC and we would still look like shit with TA running the show. TA's bad decision making is un-fixable. You can have the perfect play-call every play but if you don't have anybody who can execute the plays you aren't going to be successful.

sucks, we are heavily penalized, and we turnover the ball a lot.

There is nothing redeemable about this staff, and their past tells you there is nothing to look forward to.

I totally disagree we had one problem today...QB decision making...everything else was encouraging.

Reactions: Crushinator
The playcalling in the Illinois and Iowa games was coaching malpractice.

Both games Clev a 3 yr starter messed up, the right play was called at Ill but he decides to throw vs run, today fade was not there go to option 2 who was wide open. Tommy was horrible and I love the kids heart.

Both games Clev a 3 yr starter messed up, the right play was called at Ill but he decides to throw vs run, today fade was not there go to option 2 who was wide open. Tommy was horrible and I love the kids heart.
That was clearly not the right play call at Illinois. Literally all we had to do was hand the ball off to Jano or a RB and we win the game. Instead our staff decides to get cute, like usual, and puts the ball in Tommy's hands who up to that point they should have known he can't be trusted. Hand the ball off...we win. And that's not to mention their idiotic use of the clock vs BYU. Tommy has not been good...but there hasn't been a whole lot of promise in this coaching staffs ability. It's been bad.

It was a run play for Tommy and he decides to try and throw, how is that on the coaches. Being that numb in the head is a problem at the QB position. Why risk a handoff run around the end and sit down, don't be stupid, oops he was

It was a run play for Tommy and he decides to try and throw, how is that on the coaches. Being that numb in the head is a problem at the QB position. Why risk a handoff run around the end and sit down, don't be stupid, oops he was
It was mass confusion before the play was even ran...yet, we didn't call a timeout. For how stupid you think Tommy is...don't you think our staff is even dumber for putting him in that position then? Hell, take a knee...and we win the game. But, that's just 1 of our 7 losses with a very weak schedule.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Need to burn some clock and if it breaks open fine. We can bitch about every game if you want but I think we have some things going forward with better/smarter play at QB.

Need to burn some clock and if it breaks open fine. We can bitch about every game if you want but I think we have some things going forward with better/smarter play at QB.
Better/smarter play at QB is all hypothetical at this point. As is this staff putting a true freshman QB in a position to win. If Riley is going to start a true frosh at QB next year he better hope that buys him a few years because he is not going to be winning very many games. Starting a true frosh at QB is essentially starting over once again.

sucks, we are heavily penalized, and we turnover the ball a lot.

There is nothing redeemable about this staff, and their past tells you there is nothing to look forward to.
Where were you after the MSU game? I was afraid your computer broke.

We will see what he does but if the kid executes better and doesn't have the stupid picks we are better. I am not saying he has the job but a Sr who makes fr mistakes is no better. Fr qb's can win.

My personal opinion is that Mike Riley is not that he's a "bad" coach, it's that he's a bad coach for Nebraska. Sure lets give him a couple more years. See what he can do. But let's drop him after that. It'll look better, feel better, a larger majority will be behind it. let's see if he can do something with his "players" but drop him in two years if he can't.

Plus TA throwing 4 ints like a doofus didn't help his cause.

Dude, Pelini sucks. Mike Riley sucks (going by his coaching history). There can be two negatives, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Both people can be bad at coaching. Look at ND with Charlie Wiess and TW. People can suck back-to-back. They can even suck back-to-back-to-back. Like a human centipede.

I disagree with your statement, HuskerBandGeek.

Riley was successful in on of the worst programs ever. What was their team this yr 2-10 I belive. Give him time. We didn't but could have won 4-5 more games. Where we finished we finished but I will give him 2-3 more yrs, get his players in.

Reactions: Crushinator
Riley was successful in on of the worst programs ever. What was their team this yr 2-10 I belive. Give him time. We didn't but could have won 4-5 more games. Where we finished we finished but I will give him 2-3 more yrs, get his players in.

He wasn't that successful unless you consider 93-80 at Oregon State to be successful which many wouldn't, at least many outside of Nebraska.

Enough excuses and bs.

Riley and his staff went 5-7 because they are a 5-7 staff.

If we pour tons of resources into these guys maybe they'll get 9 wins someday, but that's their ceiling and there will be other losing records on the way.

He really wasn't. He was 5-7 last year. At most he sucked less than their historic norm.

There is no happy ending in this staff's future.

MR says he has learned that turnovers are bad? Wow. Can you really teach a very old dog new tricks? Especially if his buddies/support system are enabling the status quo. If not we should face facts. His teams have a history of undisciplined play in terms of turnovers and penalties - this has continued at Nebraska (e.g. Foltz had to know know the runner was out of bounds). Huskers have essentially no return game and a pass happy offense in a league where there is enough talent that if you can't keep them honest running the ball you are dead. His staff makes truly monumentally moronic end of game decisions. And he has no record of championship football. If you were an outsider betting would you foresee championships a far as the eye can see? Even with Nebraska's fan support and resources it seems improbable. Ohio St. went with a guy that won big everywhere he coached and who had differentiating schemes. Seems like that is what you would bet on. Maybe that is what we should bet on now. Unless we enjoy bowing to the likes of of a mediocre Iowa team who's game plan was to play field position and not commit a fatal error until the Huskers gave them the ball. They knew Nebraska had no return game and no patience for running the ball along with a turnover machine QB who's strengths would not be used. Hats off to Kirk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT