ADVERTISEMENT

Our boy Lars Anderson just tweeted...

he has heard over 15,000 Nebraska fans in Atlanta?? Wow..

Since the volleyball season ended what else is there to do? Winking

NebVsFlorida1280X720.jpg

Lots of bowl watching parties
Treating it like our bowl game
Husker fans always come out strong

I think there should be a hard and fast rule when talking about Nebraska sports followers the term should always be "Fanatics" & not "fan". This is a great case in point!

Reactions: cornhustler
I really hope no one becomes a Debby downer if Auburn thumps UCF. The talent gap is pretty wide as it should be. I’ve been wrong before but I’ll be shocked if UCF can give them any sort of game. Frost will recruit better to Nebraska than at UCF, so no panic buttons...

I really hope no one becomes a Debby downer if Auburn thumps UCF. The talent gap is pretty wide as it should be. I’ve been wrong before but I’ll be shocked if UCF can give them any sort of game. Frost will recruit better to Nebraska than at UCF, so no panic buttons...

Like I said in another post they're as good as any team playing in the playoff..
Auburn beating 2 teams and losing to a third in the 4 team playoff says it all.

excited to watch. handicapping wise, i think aub thumps em pretty good.

UCF should, and I believe will give them a game. 12-0 for goodness sake.

UCF should, and I believe will give them a game.

Why do you think that? I watched Memphis struggle to score on Iowa state today. Things don’t always translate that easily but I also wouldn’t say Iowa state has the talent and defense that auburn does

There have only been a few special seasons by mid-level conference teams in the past. When they happen, don’t give up on them.

I think UCF believes in themselves and they are coached by the best in the business.

I wouldn’t bet against them.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Why do you think that? I watched Memphis struggle to score on Iowa state today. Things don’t always translate that easily but I also wouldn’t say Iowa state has the talent and defense that auburn does

Everyone and their mother thought Utah would get destroyed by Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. Utah was the one to destroy Alabama. I don't think UCF will win this game but I'm not going to say that they cant win this game. Auburn will be the best team UCF faces by far, on both sides of the ball. Offensively I think UCF is capable but wont be nearly as productive as we've come to expect. I cant see UCF mauling Auburns defense like I expect Auburn to maul theirs.

BTW, we watched UCF thump Memphis earlier in the season so that championship game isn't the only indicator of performance.

There have only been a few special seasons by mid-level conference teams in the past. When they happen, don’t give up on them.

I think UCF believes in themselves and they are coached by the best in the business.

I wouldn’t bet against them.

At 9.5 point dogs, I WOULD still bet against them...BIG!

I will say this: UCF was really banged up after playing for 11 straight weeks, and they ended the season against two really good offenses. They turned the ball over multiple times in the red zone against Memphis which is why it was a game at all. Their only hope is that they healed some injuries, and that their defense can get some stops. Auburn doesn't score a ton so this won't be a runaway and so it will come down to turnovers. It is also an early game, and Auburn has nothing to really play for, they were really shat on by being given this matchup...so they may lay an egg early...that is the hope. I say UCF jumps out to 17-0 lead. But Auburn wins 27-24.

I think the game is going to be a shoot out. Like 41-31. Majority of these bowl games teams have been scoring in bunches. Auburn has scored over 40 eight times of their 13 games.

You mean go from bad to really good. Only the bad teams are sitting at home during the bowl season.
No shit, Sherlock. Frost is good. Do you not think so? He is the chosen one, and pre-selected to turn it around. Where have you been?

Reactions: Huskercigar
No shit, Sherlock. Frost is good. Do you not think so? He is the chosen one, and pre-selected to turn it around. Where have you been?
Hey you were the one inferring we were a good team this year. Sorry if you need reminded over and over. At some point you are going to have to recognize the SE/MR failure. Well I stand corrected.......you might not ever recognize it.

Hey you were the one inferring we were a good team this year. Sorry if you need reminded over and over. At some point you are going to have to recognize the SE/MR failure. Well I stand corrected.......you might not ever recognize it.
Wait...is that guy a Riley lover? I thought it was a shtick...it isn't?

They sucked and didn't get it done. Feel better? That's the past, try to let it go. Your focus is in the wrong direction. Get on the train, or move to Youngstown. Husker nation doesn't need clowns like you.

I really hope no one becomes a Debby downer if Auburn thumps UCF. The talent gap is pretty wide as it should be. I’ve been wrong before but I’ll be shocked if UCF can give them any sort of game. Frost will recruit better to Nebraska than at UCF, so no panic buttons...[/QU

What type of effect would a loss to Auburn have on the current Husker players? Certainly a loss would be devastating to the psyche of the coaches being undefeated and getting beat by the first legitimate team you play doesn't translate well going into the 2018 season but does it have any effect on the current players in Lincoln?

ADVERTISEMENT