ADVERTISEMENT

OU recruiting

bingo65

Sophomore
Jun 18, 2020
OU closing in on commitments from the #1 QB, #1 WR, #1 all purpose RB, #2 RB, and #1 athlete
On offense they are arguably out recruiting everyone in the country
using adrian peterson on official visits to impress recruits even though he didn't play for lincoln riley or in his offense.
college fb is becoming more and more lopsided

Yeah I was thinking the same...

Do current recruits really even care who AP is??? Maybe they do, who knows.
They probably do and definitely should.

We literally had Eric Crouch at our camp working with Riola’s son last weekend. The picture of the two of them was front and center on this very website for days.

Can anyone remind me if Crouch played for Frost/won the Heisman in Frost’s offense?

We literally had Eric Crouch at our camp working with Riola’s son last weekend. The picture of the two of them was front and center on this very website for days.

Can anyone remind me if Crouch played for Frost/won the Heisman in Frost’s offense?
In the end, recruiting is sales, you are either a closer and get coffee or you get third place, want to know what third place gets?

I am hoping NIL impacts this.

While one arguement has always been all schools cheat I would argue that some schools attempt to comply more than others creating a massively uneven playing field prior to NIL for the top couple 100 players. Tom once said that he felt Barry Switzer was getting kids in a different way than he was. I believe there are a number of schools that push cheating at a level schools like Nebraska simply aren't willing to go to (NU was never giving a kid like Cam 200K). Having the ability to funnel local donor/business money from our rabid fan base will allows similar to Nebraska to compete on an even playing field with the SEC and schools like OU in the pursuit of these elite athletes and give us a huge advantage with that next tier 100-300 over many P5 teams.

While location will alway be an issue for NU in attracting top talent we do have the following;

We have an incredible game day experience.
We have a very devoted fan base relative to most schools.
We will now be able to legally funnel money from those donors and that fan base to players.

The final piece of the puzzle is that Scott (or whomever the coach) needs to deliver the on field product that is attractive

2021 is huge for Frost and this program but I feel the impact of NIL on our recruiting will also open up our ability to attract better coaches than we otherwise would have if this staff doesn't work out. I suppose I will worry about that later as I am all in on 2021 and 2022.

Impressive.

I wonder what is the highest dollar figure the Texas Tech boosters throw out when dreaming about bringing the Lubbock born and Tech alumnus leading the Sooners back home?

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Recruiting is sales but you have to have a good product to sell. Selling junk and dreams only goes so far and people figure that out.

How exactly will NIL give Nebraska an edge? All of these schools have followings on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Does anyone think we have a bigger following than Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Norte Same and many others?

Reactions: TFrazier
Recruiting is sales but you have to have a good product to sell. Selling junk and dreams only goes so far and people figure that out.

How exactly will NIL give Nebraska an edge? All of these schools have followings on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Does anyone think we have a bigger following than Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Norte Same and many others?

The primary benefit will be the next level down for NU. The 100-300 level players where I think NU willl be able to put together better compensation packages than many schools.

Also, Just because the product wasn't to our liking recently doesn't mean it won't in the future. Whether that is with Frost or someone else is really not relevant.

NIL is huge for Nebraska in recruiting in my humble opinion as I think NU's fans and Donors care more about football than 95% of schools.

OU closing in on commitments from the #1 QB, #1 WR, #1 all purpose RB, #2 RB, and #1 athlete
using adrian peterson on official visits to impress recruits even though he didn't play for lincoln riley or in his offense.
Adrian Peterson spanks them when they are on campus if they don’t commit

Shouldn't you be on their board telling them how that is too many good players and that everyone will/should transfer?

According to twitter followers
Alabama football 1 million
Clemson football 982,000
georgia football 972,000
Notre Dame football 593,000

Iowa football 252,000
Wisconsin football 333,000
Northwestern football 44,000
Purdue football 100,000
Minnesota football 132,000
Nebraska football 263,000

Penn State football 405,000
Michigan state football 419,000

Iowa State football 127,000

Honestly need to follow every current player and recruit once comitted. More followers are going to = more money for these kids.

Valid post, factual but yet others have to find something to complain about and point out all the negatives. If we had this class, this board would be sticking their collective chests out. Jealously looks awful on this fan base.
History matters. If you are on this board for any length of time, you will easily see that 90% of Bingo’s posts are all about how many of our players will be transferring because they don’t want to sit.

If Bingo is correct, we would have lost 12 linemen, 16 receivers, 6 RBs and all but one of our QBs to the transfer portal.

In no way, shape or form does Bingo present himself as a husker fan. Not even in his screen name.

People piling on aren’t piling on because of this thread… it’s the dozens of other threads he has posted in that has people wondering about his motives.

And like for every school out there, how many of those high profile recruits will stick at Oklahoma through their career and how many will eventually hit the transfer portal? Initial recruiting rankings mean less and less these days with all the transfers.

I do not think Crouch was at the camp working with the QBs, I didn't see that photo. I only saw the photo of Crouch and little Raiola at Crouch's house. That is the story that Dominic said in the interview. They stopped in Elkhorn to see Eric, after they visited with Kyle Peterson down at the CWS, on their way to the football visit.

History matters. If you are on this board for any length of time, you will easily see that 90% of Bingo’s posts are all about how many of our players will be transferring because they don’t want to sit.

If Bingo is correct, we would have lost 12 linemen, 16 receivers, 6 RBs and all but one of our QBs to the transfer portal.

In no way, shape or form does Bingo present himself as a husker fan. Not even in his screen name.

People piling on aren’t piling on because of this thread… it’s the dozens of other threads he has posted in that has people wondering about his motives.
I don't go for the perception, look at his history crap argument. My only rub with him personally is his liberal politics.

All that aside, what did he post that is not truth? We are getting to the point we have to poke holes in everything, no matter how factual it is. It somehow makes us feel better.

Nationally the advantage might not be significant, but it will be in conference for Nebraska.

Why? Because NIL hasn't been approved in every state. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa are notable states yet to approve. Meanwhile, Michigan won't go into effect until the last day of 2022. Maryland until 2023. New Jersey until 2025. Indiana and Wisconsin haven't even drafted a bill.

Conversely, Nebraska has been approved with immediate effect.

This means Nebraska athletes can make money off of their NIL starting July 1 while the rest of the conference can't. Like most things, the advantage will only be temporary and we'll have to see what the Supreme Court does, but it's a very real advantage at the moment, especially for athletes like Adrian Martinez and Lexi Sun. Plus, the optics behind both the State and the University of Nebraska supporting the financial advancement of its student athletes may not be the school's most prominent recruiting advantage, but it's certainly not hurting the Huskers.

Reactions: TFrazier

i'm not saying it isnt smart to do. But in this case adrian peterson has NOTHING TO DO with lincoln riley; his program or his offense. Its highly likely Peterson would not have attended OU if Riley was the coach back then.
i think its hilarious how these coaches will literally do anything and mislead kids to get what they want.
and NO ONE calls them out because college sports is so popular to us.
eric crouch has as much to do with lincoln riley as adrian peterson does

• Haha
Reactions: SoonerBorn75
And like for every school out there, how many of those high profile recruits will stick at Oklahoma through their career and how many will eventually hit the transfer portal? Initial recruiting rankings mean less and less these days with all the transfers.
i agree. they wont all stick. but it is quite the feat nonetheless. even if temporary.

Reactions: SoonerBorn75

motives? why would anyone even ponder someone else's motives? isnt this a message board for sports? why would anyone even give a thought as to why someone else would post something on a public free message board? this is for entertainment right? if you aren't interested in a post or topic just move to the next one.
why would spend even a second thinking about a poster? i'm lost as to what some people are thinking. i dont think i've ever even looked at who posted each comment.

motives? why would anyone even ponder someone else's motives? isnt this a message board for sports? why would anyone even give a thought as to why someone else would post something on a public free message board? this is for entertainment right? if you aren't interested in a post or topic just move to the next one.
why would spend even a second thinking about a poster? i'm lost as to what some people are thinking. i dont think i've ever even looked at who posted each comment.
Please note, I didn’t respond to you. Like you said, if not interested in a post or topic, move on. Your posts are garbage, so I don’t pay attention to them.

I was actually responding to another poster, trying to explain why you are receiving backlash.

Like I said, history matters.

Reactions: scarletred
I don't go for the perception, look at his history crap argument. My only rub with him personally is his liberal politics.

All that aside, what did he post that is not truth? We are getting to the point we have to poke holes in everything, no matter how factual it is. It somehow makes us feel better.
You asked why people were piling on. I provided an answer. Nothing more. Sorry to get your knickers in a twist.

But just to clarify, you are a KSU fan, right?

You asked why people were piling on. I provided an answer. Nothing more. Sorry to get your knickers in a twist.
Uh, no, you didn't with all due respect. You had to disagree and then inflate what the OP has said in the past to make your point. I said I don't care about that, is what he said true or not about OU recruiting? That's it.

Oh, and I don't wear knickers.

Uh, no, you didn't with all due respect. You had to disagree and then inflate what the OP has said in the past to make your point. I said I don't care about that, is what he said true or not about OU recruiting? That's it.

Oh, and I don't wear knickers.
Take my snark out of the answer, and the truth remains. His posting history is constantly negative towards the huskers.

You will find that people can be (although frequently we aren’t) patient with posters who post negative. But if their history is constantly negative (in this case, it is), does it surprise you that people are short with said posters?

Reactions: scarletred
literally 100% of your posts have to do with nefarious motives of their subject, most of whom are college football coaches or players

a quote, from you, a mere 12 posts up from this one:

"i think its hilarious how these coaches will literally do anything and mislead kids to get what they want."

if there's a more motive-driven accusation made on the internet, I'd like to see it.

Pretty sure we can out do Norte Same. Their team is garbage. I have a small side business, and I have already set up a shelter for marketing. It's an LLC and also helps me avoid Biden and other non desirables. Have some imagination.

Can you see your penis? How's your bourbon? Administrator? Right?

That's a bitch. They'll still be wrung dry by 'Bama. I'm not sure you have proven anything.

Of course the guys who played for the current head coach are gonna show up for the event. I think it sends an even stronger message to recruits when the guys who DIDN’T play for him show up on behalf of the program.

This recruiting strategy is a no-brainer IMO. Any coach who is not leveraging the program’s prominent former players in recruiting needs to have his head examined.

Of course the guys who played for the current head coach are gonna show up for the event. I think it sends an even stronger message to recruits when the guys who DIDN’T play for him show up on behalf of the program.

This recruiting strategy is a no-brainer IMO. Any coach who is not leveraging the program’s prominent former players in recruiting needs to have his head examined.
Well, we have Clester Johnson.

I wish I would have saved it..but I saw a pic of their recruiting weekend recently, and they had multiple sports cars in the end zones of the stadium. One being a Shelby Mustang....im aware of their history..but is that what these things are coming to?

I do not think Crouch was at the camp working with the QBs, I didn't see that photo. I only saw the photo of Crouch and little Raiola at Crouch's house. That is the story that Dominic said in the interview. They stopped in Elkhorn to see Eric, after they visited with Kyle Peterson down at the CWS, on their way to the football visit.
Makes a world of sense, Dom was Crouch's center.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT