ADVERTISEMENT

OU is trampling their traditiond. The REAL realignment thread

When you're trying desperately to paint chickenshitting out of a game as an act of valor, the arguments tend to be nonsensical.
I've got 8-10 MILLION reasons for wanting us to ditch that game in ADDITION to the fact that I hate OU. Nostalgia over a game played 50 years ago is a really stupid reason to give up millions of dollars. OU was done with NU the day they voted to add their real rival Texass in to the Big8 and ditch the annual NU vs OU game.

I've got 8-10 MILLION reasons for wanting us to ditch that game in ADDITION to the fact that I hate OU. Nostalgia over a game played 50 years ago is a really stupid reason to give up millions of dollars. OU was done with NU the day they voted to add their real rival Texass in to the Big8 and ditch the annual NU vs OU game.
You're just afraid of losing badly, join the mountain west

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
You're just afraid of losing badly, join the mountain west
I'm not afraid of losing. I'm pretty certain that we'll lose convincingly. Just one of several good reasons to not play that game. Why add an almost unavoidable loss to your record that costs you over 8 million dollars? It's stupid.

If you want to worm out of the game, just say so and give your CAPS LOCK button a well-deserved rest.

Or you can just stop digging, before the trench collapses.

Thats true that OU will not have the W/L record that they would have if they stayed in the Big 12. Most all OU fans realize that. But if OU wants to increase the viewing pleasure of their fans they needed to improve the schedule of teams coming into Norman. OU has proven that they are the king of the Big 12 by winning 14 conference titles with Texas second with 3. OU could probably stretch that out even further by staying put in the conference and Riley could keep his job forever but in reality that would accomplish little. The schedules of the future will be much more competitive and OU will incur more losses but the program will become stronger. Recruiting should improve....top recruits like to play in high profile and classic rival games. Interest of fans will increase with teams like Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, etc coming to Norman. The program increases fan interest and it also gains national exposure. Increased losses will happen but it will be to a higher level of competition. Beating low level teams accomplishes nothing. Hopefully, things will improve but I don't think the OU fanbase expects to continue the W/L record that OU has had the last couple decades.
Plan is right. And very few teams left from the conferences OU has played in since the 1930s. Just KState, KU and ISU. Missouri and Colorado bailed years ago. OSU was not in the Big 8 until 1960 and OU will likely try to play them every year as a non conference game. Texas schools did not come in until 1996.

Texas has been OU's rival for over 90 years. Games have been in the Cotton Bowl at the Texas state fair since 1929. So don't know where the "lap dog" reference comes from. OU has won more NCs (7 vs. 4). Both top schools to draw TV viewers. So fans willing to accept tougher competition. Hope KU and ISU wind up in the Big 10. Kstate probably the orphan.

I'm not afraid of losing. I'm pretty certain that we'll lose convincingly. Just one of several good reasons to not play that game. Why add an almost unavoidable loss to your record that costs you over 8 million dollars? It's stupid.
Embarrassing, used to look forward to games like this. A real "blue blood" wouldn't be so cowardly

OU tucked tail and ran when DONU beat the living hell out of em. Couldn't handle it when they were on the receiving end for a change. They chickened out.

OU... the original series chicken. Hiding behind Sir Robin.

Pardon the ignorance. Who is DONU? Is that the Huskers? What year? No doubt if 96-97 OU got pounded. Which is why Blake was fired. And Stoops came in. Remember 2000? Huskers won a couple after that. And OU has beaten Texas 15 of lasts 22 games. Hey, no hard feelings. At least until Sept. 18.

Reactions: 22LR
Pardon the ignorance. Who is DONU? Is that the Huskers? What year? No doubt if 96-97 OU got pounded. Which is why Blake was fired. And Stoops came in. Remember 2000? Huskers won a couple after that. And OU has beaten Texas 15 of lasts 22 games. Hey, no hard feelings. At least until Sept. 18.
hard feelings for eternity, okie.

we hate you. always have, always will.

Reactions: 9and4
LOL. OU is doing it for the coin. Nothing else. They're Texass's lap dog going which ever way the Whorns tug on their leash. F'n Hillbillies.
"lap dog"? OU has 14 conference titles.....Texas has 3. I think you need to take a different approach to your argument. The one you are using doesn't hold water.

"lap dog"? OU has 14 conference titles.....Texas has 3. I think you need to take a different approach to your argument. The one you are using doesn't hold water.
OU probably doesn't get an invite on their own. We are talking about things that aren't necessarily settled on the football field.

Or you can schedule Fordham.....that improves your W/L record which Frost is wanting regardless of who the W's are.
Nebraska replaced SE Louisiana with Fordham so there would be an additional home game in September. It helps recruiting to have a recruit in Lincoln in early September rather than mid November. SE Louisiana was not able to reschedule, so a different opponent was found.

It helps to be informed.

1. Deal Rutgers and MD to the ACC.
2. B1G/PAC has 4 six team divisions. Nebraska would be Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, NW and Illinois if divisions were drawn geographically.
3. Eight regular season games plus a champions week where the bottom 20 play a ninth game, and the four division winners play. CCG is an extra game.
4. No requirement to schedule another P3 (or P4 if the rump Big 12 schools salvage things.

Reactions: dinglefritz
OU probably doesn't get an invite on their own. We are talking about things that aren't necessarily settled on the football field.
Tuco isn't that why we waste time on Rivals boards? Since we all think everything is settled on the football field? For Huskers in 1971, 1996-1997; for OU most of the other years.

Tuco isn't that why we waste time on Rivals boards? Since we all think everything is settled on the football field? For Huskers in 1971, 1996-1997; for OU most of the other years.
But OU’s success against Nebraska in the 70’s doesn’t make the fact that OU is Texas’ lapdog any less true.

Tuco, where does this "lap dog" crap come from? Because UT has more money? Always has and always will. OU is 9-3 in the last 11 years against them (what is the Husker's record?) and been OU's biggest rival for over 90 years, with the Huskers close by starting in 1962. From everything we are hearing SEC wanted OU first but would not consider Okie State; would only do it if Horns came along. So it is done. And OU, thanks to Riley, will be ahead of UT, but maybe not Alabama, for years.

Tuco, where does this "lap dog" crap come from? Because UT has more money? Always has and always will. OU is 9-3 in the last 11 years against them (what is the Husker's record?) and been OU's biggest rival for over 90 years, with the Huskers close by starting in 1962. From everything we are hearing SEC wanted OU first but would not consider Okie State; would only do it if Horns came along. So it is done. And OU, thanks to Riley, will be ahead of UT, but maybe not Alabama, for years.
Again, OU doesn't get an invitation to the SEC unless Texas was involved. On the other hand, Texas could get in without OU. Texas could get in the Big Ten, OU wouldn't, even with Texas.

You are spending too much time worried about results on a football field. If football results mattered, Rutgers and Maryland wouldn't be in the Big Ten, and Missouri and Arkansas wouldn't be in the SEC.

You all in Norman can believe that the SEC wanted OU first all you want, but Texas was the prize. Taking OSU does nothing for the SEC footprint. Getting 2 Oklahoma schools is like getting SMU and TCU, you only need one to get the market.

Texas is clearly the alpha dog in that relationship, nothing wrong with being Robin, just own it and don't try and drive the batmobile.

Tuco isn't that why we waste time on Rivals boards? Since we all think everything is settled on the football field? For Huskers in 1971, 1996 1991-1997; for OU most of the other years.
Fixed it for you, since the Huskers won 7 in a row over OU in the 90s.

In fact, NU won 10 out of 12 from 1988 through 2001.

Fixed it for you, since the Huskers won 7 in a row over OU in the 90s.

In fact, NU won 10 out of 12 from 1988 through 2001.
Huskers definitely dominated between Switzer and Stoops. Except for 1990. Too bad Dr. Tom retired. And OU got Stoops and Riley. Will see the result on Sept. 18.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT