ADVERTISEMENT

OU is trampling their traditiond. The REAL realignment thread

The theory is that we can't recruit Texas well because we don't have a presence there from no longer being in the Big 12. The truth is Texas and Louisiana put out a ton of talent and we need to compete for good players. I don't think we recruit Arizona enough and over recruit Florida

Reactions: ADV1
OU is making the decision to increase the strength of their schedule 5 fold....we tried to get out of playing them because we don't want the country to see us get our asses handed to us. Totally the same thing.
LOL. OU is doing it for the coin. Nothing else. They're Texass's lap dog going which ever way the Whorns tug on their leash. F'n Hillbillies.

The theory is that we can't recruit Texas well because we don't have a presence there from no longer being in the Big 12. The truth is Texas and Louisiana put out a ton of talent and we need to compete for good players. I don't think we recruit Arizona enough and over recruit Florida
New Jersey has always been good to us too. Bottom line is that we get out there and throw our hat in.

OU made their own decisions. Just so happened that OUr decisions were more in line with Texas than with you. That butt hurt you and then to top it off you couldn't beat either team in football.
Lol… What ever makes you sleep better at night.
Everyone else in the country knows differently…

Reactions: huskerfan1414
OU made their own decisions. Just so happened that OUr decisions were more in line with Texas than with you. That butt hurt you and then to top it off you couldn't beat either team in football.
That's why you're on an NU board arguing your case? Go play with your new $EC masters. Texass is done with ya. Wipe your chin and move along.

That's why you're on an NU board arguing your case? Go play with your new $EC masters. Texass is done with ya. Wipe your chin and move along.
Can't hardly wait to come back here in September and go over the epic beat down you received in Norman.

BOOMER SOONER!

Probably. Doesn't change the fact you're still Texas's bitch.
Given what OU is doing to ISU, KU and OSU (don't care about TTech) I think Trev should make this announcement. "In retaliation for what OU is doing to our friends from the old Big 8, we are buying out our game in Norman". Show some balls. No doubt we can find some team to come in and play that date for 1.5 million.

Last edited:
You'll never live down the fact that Oklahoma ran from Nebraska in the 90s like little bitches. You wanted no part of playing Nebraska anymore at that point.
Until Stoops came in 1999. He did a pretty good job against the Huskers. Lost only two as I recall.

Reactions: Trojanhorse13
Note the thread title change just to piss off Tuco. Kind of ironic given the sobbing we heard over NU potentially buying out their contract with OU to play a home game instead. NU cost themselves a loss in the L column and probably between 8 to 10 million dollars to go to Norman and get their ass kicked. The nostalgia by our fan base that is going to have us go down their, get our ass kicked, and maybe cost our coach his job. That is illogical. OU is taking the logical non-nostalgic approach to their finances by saying FU to their traditional conference mates.......and we're going down their to build their playoff resume. Stupid.
I'm curious. Are you a Nebraska fan?

Note the thread title change just to piss off Tuco. Kind of ironic given the sobbing we heard over NU potentially buying out their contract with OU to play a home game instead. NU cost themselves a loss in the L column and probably between 8 to 10 million dollars to go to Norman and get their ass kicked. The nostalgia by our fan base that is going to have us go down their, get our ass kicked, and maybe cost our coach his job. That is illogical. OU is taking the logical non-nostalgic approach to their finances by saying FU to their traditional conference mates.......and we're going down their to build their playoff resume. Stupid.
It doesn't piss me off. Many of my comments on here I make to amuse myself and any others who think like me.

First of all, if you bail out of that contract when they tried, I am sure OU tells you to get bent when you ask, Are we still on for next year in Lincoln? Second, the university will sell the OU tickets for 2022 at a premium, so that game will make more for the university than the replacement game for this year and the replacement game next year. Third, there still appears to be an issue in selling all of the season tickets for this year, based on what Alberts said at Big Ten media day.

OU making a long term decision for the betterment of their finances and jumping to a much more difficult league is the exact opposite of bailing on a contract with a top team because you need a couple of bucks and need to try and schedule a win to boost your coach's, team's and fanbase's fragile egos. Frost isn't losing his job based on the outcome of this game.

Also, what is traditiond?
AND, you were doing so well on the the their/ there/ they're until that last one.

Last edited:
First of all, if you bail out of that contract when they tried, I am sure OU tells you to get bent when you ask, Are we still on for next year in Lincoln?
Simple solution - just invent some ridiculous story about OU planning to back out of the game in Lincoln, then use that as your lame excuse to worm out of the entire series. This, apparently, is how an athletic department shows it has BALLS.

Given what OU is doing to ISU, KU and OSU (don't care about TTech) I think Trev should make this announcement. "In retaliation for what OU is doing to our friends from the old Big 8, we are buying out our game in Norman". Show some balls. No doubt we can find some team to come in and play that date for 1.5 million.
Never seen someone beg and plead to get out of playing an opponent like dinglefritz jfc

We showed them how much we cared about them when we bolted their conference and lol'd out the door at the Big 12's impending doom.

It doesn't piss me off. Many of my comments on here I make to amuse myself and any others who think like me.

First of all, if you bail out of that contract when they tried, I am sure OU tells you to get bent when you ask, Are we still on for next year in Lincoln? Second, the university will sell the OU tickets for 2022 at a premium, so that game will make more for the university than the replacement game for this year and the replacement game next year. Third, there still appears to be an issue in selling all of the season tickets for this year, based on what Alberts said at Big Ten media day.

OU making a long term decision for the betterment of their finances and jumping to a much more difficult league is the exact opposite of bailing on a contract with a top team because you need a couple of bucks and need to try and schedule a win to boost your coach's, team's and fanbase's fragile egos. Frost isn't losing his job based on the outcome of this game.

Also, what is traditiond?
AND, you were doing so well on the the their/ there/ they're until that last one.
Thank you for being my spell checker. I type too fast some times. Screw OU. Screw the national media. The sports talking heads would forget about it within a week. They would have to raise the price of an OU ticket by roughly $100/ticket to compensate what we lose by going to Norman instead of playing a patsy at home and that says nothing about the dollar return to the city businesses. Did I say Screw OU enough times yet.. I hate the f'n hillbilles

We showed them how much we cared about them when we bolted their conference and lol'd out the door at the Big 12's impending doom.
In FACT they showed us how much they cared for US when they were doing the bidding of the Longwhorns which necessitated our move. You conveniently forget that they and Texass were threatening to leave then if they didn't get they want from the TV package.

You'll never live down the fact that Oklahoma ran from Nebraska in the 90s like little bitches. You wanted no part of playing Nebraska anymore at that point.
Exactly why I have so much disdain for going to Norman. We'll just be a notch in their gun for the playoff committee.

So we spent the last 25 years down talking the sheeple of the minor Big 8 programs for following Texas dictates and shunning Nebraska's advice...and we're going to go up on tv and call them "our old friends" for whom we are going to perform more self sacrifice of not taking a national ass whupping. Please.

The talent down here is ridiculous... Granted our high school is literally the Top program in the state but it pisses me off that Nebraska chooses to ignore the area... So many kids from here go to Big12 schools including up north... no reason not to tap this area... So badly wish they'd at least make a presence

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I think this move to the SEC could really bite OU in the ass. Right now they are the king of the Big 12 and one of two big time recruiting schools. In the SEC they will be one of about 7 big time recruiting schools and will be a geographic outlier. OU’s move to the SEC could end up alot like Nebraska’s move to the B1G.
Thats true that OU will not have the W/L record that they would have if they stayed in the Big 12. Most all OU fans realize that. But if OU wants to increase the viewing pleasure of their fans they needed to improve the schedule of teams coming into Norman. OU has proven that they are the king of the Big 12 by winning 14 conference titles with Texas second with 3. OU could probably stretch that out even further by staying put in the conference and Riley could keep his job forever but in reality that would accomplish little. The schedules of the future will be much more competitive and OU will incur more losses but the program will become stronger. Recruiting should improve....top recruits like to play in high profile and classic rival games. Interest of fans will increase with teams like Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, etc coming to Norman. The program increases fan interest and it also gains national exposure. Increased losses will happen but it will be to a higher level of competition. Beating low level teams accomplishes nothing. Hopefully, things will improve but I don't think the OU fanbase expects to continue the W/L record that OU has had the last couple decades.

So we spent the last 25 years down talking the sheeple of the minor Big 8 programs for following Texas dictates and shunning Nebraska's advice...and we're going to go up on tv and call them "our old friends" for whom we are going to perform more self sacrifice of not taking a national ass whupping. Please.
When you're trying desperately to paint chickenshitting out of a game as an act of valor, the arguments tend to be nonsensical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT