ADVERTISEMENT

OU is trampling their traditiond. The REAL realignment thread

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Note the thread title change just to piss off Tuco. Kind of ironic given the sobbing we heard over NU potentially buying out their contract with OU to play a home game instead. NU cost themselves a loss in the L column and probably between 8 to 10 million dollars to go to Norman and get their ass kicked. The nostalgia by our fan base that is going to have us go down their, get our ass kicked, and maybe cost our coach his job. That is illogical. OU is taking the logical non-nostalgic approach to their finances by saying FU to their traditional conference mates.......and we're going down their to build their playoff resume. Stupid.

Last edited:
I think this move to the SEC could really bite OU in the ass. Right now they are the king of the Big 12 and one of two big time recruiting schools. In the SEC they will be one of about 7 big time recruiting schools and will be a geographic outlier. OU’s move to the SEC could end up alot like Nebraska’s move to the B1G.

you can safely retitle this thread: OU is doing exactly what NU did, but better

a win over us as a 4 touchdown favorite means nothing to OU. if frost loses his job because of it, I say good riddance. nobody to blame but himself.

he's been the exact opposite of what we thought we were getting in a native son, and in my opinion he deserved a lot worse for the cowardice he showed in even considering ducking this game.

the move to the SEC is another stepping stone. it won't last long. unlike the purgatory we jumped into for a little extra cash.

enjoy puffing your chest out after the Fordham game, though.

I think this move to the SEC could really bite OU in the ass. Right now they are the king of the Big 12 and one of two big time recruiting schools. In the SEC they will be one of about 7 big time recruiting schools and will be a geographic outlier. OU’s move to the SEC could end up alot like Nebraska’s move to the B1G.
it will take a lot less than 10 years for all of college football to completely change.

this move won't be for the long haul. it'll just get them used to playing against a handful more good programs every year while we sit around and complain about how difficult it will be to beat wisc, nw, iowa and purdue for once.

Reactions: ATX Husker
OU and Texass are going to be Bama's and LSU's bitch.

Last edited:
I think they will still accomplish more than the whorns ever will in that conference..Their the one‘s that will be more sorry..

it's very ironic that you find this funny considering whose bitch we've become.

playing good teams is good. only cowards think otherwise.
Failing to buy out that contract given our current situation was a huge financial failure on our part. 8-10 Million dollars immediately to the plus side by buying out that game. Period. End of discussion.

Reactions: inWV
the thing I don't understand is 0u needing to be tied to texas's hip...
they were not tied in the big 8, just as long as they got their non conference game, they got plenty texas recruits

Reactions: headcard
Failing to buy out that contract given our current situation was a huge financial failure on our part. 8-10 Million dollars immediately to the plus side by buying out that game. Period. End of discussion.
what's our current situation? Lincoln the only place impacted by covid?

if you polled every single business owner in Lincoln, the result would be overwhelming that they want to keep OU on the schedule A.) because they have pride, and, B.) guess who comes to town in '22 to generate double the pittance of a Fordham.

your Neville Chamberlain-esque justification for cowardice is beyond pathetic

We’ve already beaten this like a dead horse 🐴..Need to move on were close to a month from staring the season..

what's our current situation? Lincoln the only place impacted by covid?

if you polled every single business owner in Lincoln, the result would be overwhelming that they want to keep OU on the schedule A.) because they have pride, and, B.) guess who comes to town in '22 to generate double the pittance of a Fordham.

your Neville Chamberlain-esque justification for cowardice is beyond pathetic
Cowardice was wilting in front of the criticism of the national media and weepy eyed old nostalgic fans. It was cowardly and financially stupid to play OU in Norman. OU needs that game. We don't. Watch them cancel the game in Lincoln next year.

Reactions: tpmcg
Oklahoma had it golden in the Big 12, making the playoff, winning conference titles.

Now they go to a conference where they are no longer the top program even when they are playing football at an elite level. Now they will be dealt with more losses and as the years pass with no conference title, limited appearances in the playoff, they will grow to regret it. It's their own doing.

If Lincoln Riley left they are one coaching hire away from being TN.

In the Big 12 OU wasn't an outcast geographically. since they were not the most southern, not the most western, not the most eastern, and not the most southern. Now they become an outcast since they are not the most northwestern and recruits that grow up in SEC states will attend the more local SEC schools.

Reactions: vic.valiant
Cowardice was wilting in front of the criticism of the national media and weepy eyed old nostalgic fans. It was cowardly and financially stupid to play OU in Norman. OU needs that game. We don't. Watch them cancel the game in Lincoln next year.
I respect the hell out of TO for scheduling it, and am very much looking forward to being nationally relevant for that weekend before falling back into the black hole of the nobody cares b1g west.

maybe that's just me.

Nebraska should try to get out of the next OKlahoma game and schedule a win. There's no point in playing Oklahoma anymore. And cancel the ones scheduled in the future too, and they likely will be cancelled anyways with their new schedules coming up with the conference move.

Just pull the plug and be done with it and go schedule wins.

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Nebraska should try to get out of the next OKlahoma game and schedule a win. There's no point in playing Oklahoma anymore. And cancel the ones scheduled in the future too, and they likely will be cancelled anyways with their new schedules coming up with the conference move.

Just pull the plug and be done with it and go schedule wins.
'go schedule wins'

pathetic, even for a fraud Husker fan like you.

Nebraska entered this game knowing it was the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century. Moos wanted to pull out bc we have OSU and Michigan on the docket as well. Moos is no longer on the hook.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Nebraska entered this game knowing it was the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century. Moos wanted to pull out bc we have OSU and Michigan on the docket as well. Moos is no longer on the hook.
playing games like this is what big time programs do.

cancelling them to instead 'schedule wins' at home is what gigantic pussies with no hope of ever winning again do.

Let's bet $5,000 on it. If OU pulls out of the game in Lincoln, you win. If OU doesn't cancel, you pay.

Why not. SEC schools do it every year with their non-conference schedules. Go look at A&M's schedule this season.
again, if you're going to pose as a Husker fan, get better at it.

we don't want to be anything like that weird cult a&m, just like we do not care about minn enough to name ourselves after them on this site.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

Let's bet $5,000 on it. If OU pulls out of the game in Lincoln, you win. If OU doesn't cancel, you pay.
I want some of this action as well.. That’s money in the bank.

I want some of this action as well.. That’s money in the bank.
If Oklahoma and Texas somehow get into the SEC starting next year, they would need to change their schedules to accommodate an SEC schedule. Although that's unlikely, I wouldn't bet $5,000 against it right now.

If Oklahoma and Texas somehow get into the SEC starting next year, they would need to change their schedules to accommodate an SEC schedule. Although that's unlikely, I wouldn't bet $5,000 against it right now.
Yeah I definitely made a total sucker bet. So if someone is really confident that OU is going break the contract and pull out of the game in Lincoln, he'll surely take me up on it.

Would be crazy not to.

Reactions: nu2u
Do you know how much both ut and OU will have to pay leaving the conference early ? First they have to give the Big12 a notice within 18 months to leave or they will pay some 35 million each for leaving earlier from what I have read..

Excuse me it’s 76 million EACH for their part in the media rights..

Last edited:
Well said. In the expanded SEC, you can really only have one winner of the conference and probably only 3-4 teams who's fan bases would be happy with the season. Everyone else, 12 teams are failures.

One of the appealing things about college football used to be that the regular season meant everything. Now I think we're heading for a 16 team playoff with the SEC being a super conference and demanding that their three loss SEC teams should always be in the playoffs.

Heard on the radio the soonest they could join SEC is June of 2023

So where do you start and stop with altering schedules on a whim just to make an extra buck? Let's just redo the entire schedule so we have all guaranteed wins for our non-con schedule. Somewhere there needs to be some honor in all of this at least on our side, not running like a scared baby.

Looking at the top 18 2022 recruits exactly 0 are committed to OU or Texas and only 2 of the top 25 currently are. In 2021 14 of the top 25 in Texas ended up in the SEC. Recruits want to earn $, schools want $, playing at Kansas, KState and Iowa State isn’t going to make them $.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Old World thinking. Bama's unproven QB is about to be a millionaire. OU/Tex saw the writing on the wall, be in that league or get run over by that league.
Sort of. The Bama QB that is about to be a millionaire has more to do with Alabama itself than the SEC as a whole. An Oklahoma or Texas QB, assuming the state has NIL legislations should be able to make as much in endorsements as an Alabama QB regardless of conference affiliation.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Looking at the top 18 2022 recruits exactly 0 are committed to OU or Texas and only 2 of the top 25 currently are. In 2021 14 of the top 25 in Texas ended up in the SEC. Recruits want to earn $, schools want $, playing at Kansas, KState and Iowa State isn’t going to make them $.
Luther Burden WR is a top 6 player and committed to OU.
OU is in the lead on another a 247 top 10 player in Gabriel Brownlow- Dindy and Texas is leading on 2 247 top 11 players in Denver Harris and Devon Campbell.

If you want to use Rivals, the SEC only has 2 of the top 20, one to Georgia and one to LSU. There are still 8 top 20 still uncommitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Luther Burden WR is a top 6 player and committed to OU.
OU is in the lead on another a 247 top 10 player in Gabriel Brownlow- Dindy and Texas is leading on 2 247 top 11 players in Denver Harris and Devon Campbell.

If you want to use Rivals, the SEC only has 2 of the top 20, one to Georgia and one to LSU. There are still 8 top 20 still uncommitted.
I was going by state rankings for Texas, which has always been where OU and Texas build their rosters, OU has 40% of their roster from Texas. For 2022? Looking at Rivals for Texas recruits.

#8 and #18 are Texas A&M, #11 is Florida and #20 is Mizzou.

The last two years OU and Texas have not had top 10 classes for Rivals or 247, while A&M has. In 2021 the SEC had 4 of the top 6 classes, in 2020 it was 7 of the top 10.

Kids want to play on the big stage.

Kids want to play on the big stage.
b1g needs to come up big and i doubt warren can do it.
sec teams could schedule 5-6 pud games, 3-4 pods, and 3-4 interconf and they’ll look great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT