ADVERTISEMENT

OU is every B12 teams super bowl - it will be better in the SEC

Wait until they get to $EC and enjoy it when every team, except Vanderbilt, shows it just means more.
You might want to include South Carolina, Missouri and Auburn with Vanderbilt.

The SEC is "elite" right now because it has two of the best programs in the country in Alabama and Georgia. Once you get past them, it's not as dominant as most make it out to be. A lot of this hype is fed by recruiting rankings and NIL money. You know, like the previously #6 ranked team in the country that had the best recruiting class in history who just got smoked by Appalachian State.

After Alabama and Georgia, you can take the next five best programs in the SEC, and they're no better than the best five programs in the Big 12.

You might want to include South Carolina, Missouri and Auburn with Vanderbilt.

The SEC is "elite" right now because it has two of the best programs in the country in Alabama and Georgia. Once you get past them, it's not as dominant as most make it out to be. A lot of this hype is fed by recruiting rankings and NIL money. You know, like the previously #6 ranked team in the country that had the best recruiting class in history who just got smoked by Appalachian State.

After Alabama and Georgia, you can take the next five best programs in the SEC, and they're no better than the best five programs in the Big 12.
I don’t think So Car, Misery or Auburn are worth a damn right now but they want to at the top of the conference at least.

After the top 2-3 teams the league evens out pretty well. So many athletes, facilities and coaches make the margin of error against other conferences larger for sure. Yet the league loves off the top couple each year and the next 2-3 rotate from very good to rebuild.

Dirtbagger U doesn't believe numbers, K-State is .500 v. OU over the past decade. They'll be aTm lite in the SEC if everything breaks their way.

Reactions: zrob
probably a little bit of truth to that statement.

but in the same vein, the entire SEC is going to be chomping at the bit to blow them and Texas out of the water after the shit they've talked.

The SEC is top heavy like the B10. OU will do a waltz through Missouri, Vanderbilt, USCe, and much of that league as well. They just won't dominate like they have the past couple decades under Stoops and Lincoln in the B12. I have my concerns about Venables regardless the conference.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
That conference is already must see TV. Adding OU and Texas is going to be even more fun. Buckle up OU, it’s going to get verrrrrrry bumpy.

K-State has beaten OU three of the last four.

Yeah, kind of lost in the shuffle is the fact that the Golden Boy lost two of his last three against K-State, and the other one went down to the wire in a one-possession game. And, not surprisingly, K-State quarterback Skylar Thompson looked like the Heisman Trophy winner in all three of those games.

Last edited:
Reactions: AVeritas
Oklahoma is basically going to be what Kansas St is to the Big 12 once they join the SEC.
I happen to agree with that which by the way would be far better than N in the Big 10 to this point in time.

Think the Sooners over a 10 year period will most likely break down this way (uT as well)
2 years 10 wins
3 years 8-9 wins
4 years 6-7 wins
1 year 5 or less wins

make the conference title game, if they continue 3 years at most, winning it once in an upset.

Reactions: Matrix Husker
Dirtbagger U doesn't believe numbers, K-State is .500 v. OU over the past decade. They'll be aTm lite in the SEC if everything breaks their way.
KSU sucks.
Always has, always will.
Take your pretentious italics and foam them on you hero Amart.

What is your favorite trophy in your little trophy room?

Probably not even a trophy for your favorite memory. That would be twisting Eric Crouch’s head 180 degrees.
Take your italics and describe your trophies, then just fvck off

I happen to agree with that which by the way would be far better than N in the Big 10 to this point in time.

At least Oklahoma is leaving that sinking ship, trash conference the big 12 has become. LMFAO, kansas state is probably going to be absorbed by the Sun Belt soon and you will be thankful for that.

:p

Reactions: leodisflowers
I'll bet you guys still clap for the competitor as they exit Dr. Tom's field, right? Such a classy fanbase.😏

I'll bet you guys still clap for the competitor as they exit Dr. Tom's field, right? Such a classy fanbase.😏
I think it’s more of a reaction of why is this posted here? That was my question, anyway. I think you’re a KSU fan, which is fine, and congrats on the big win! But what does this have to do with Nebraska and its current situation? Seems like you should post this on the Sooner board or the Sooner subreddit?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I didn't start this thread.

The only reason K-State fans are here is because N fans act like they still own Manhattan and the B12. "We'll take Klieman if we want him," being the most outrageous.

And then when we post a reply to that sort of crap, N fan gets all twisted like Bob Devaney is still walking the sidelines. Good grief.

• Haha
Oklahoma is basically going to be what Kansas St is to the Big 12 once they join the SEC.

Interesting. Kansas State is the only team in the country to have a winning road record at Oklahoma over the last 30 years. If in fact, they do become the Kansas State of the SEC, Alabama had better watch out when they play OU in Tuscaloosa.

I think it’s more of a reaction of why is this posted here? That was my question, anyway. I think you’re a KSU fan, which is fine, and congrats on the big win! But what does this have to do with Nebraska and its current situation? Seems like you should post this on the Sooner board or the Sooner subreddit?
He’s on here for the same reason that he types everything in italics - because he’s a nut job.

Last edited:
I didn't start this thread.

The only reason K-State fans are here is because N fans act like they still own Manhattan and the B12. "We'll take Klieman if we want him," being the most outrageous.

And then when we post a reply to that sort of crap, N fan gets all twisted like Bob Devaney is still walking the sidelines. Good grief.

We are down, but the point stands. If we really want Klieman, we can have him. K-State is a nice stepping stone, but if he wants to come to the big leagues and it is offered he goes. It's not just Nebraska. It's any brand name school in the Big 10 or SEC. Big 12 is a dying conference and just isn't looked at the same as others. The money isn't there, the TV, the fan support, etc. No idea why it's so hard for you.

We are down, but the point stands. If we really want Klieman, we can have him. K-State is a nice stepping stone, but if he wants to come to the big leagues and it is offered he goes. It's not just Nebraska. It's any brand name school in the Big 10 or SEC. Big 12 is a dying conference and just isn't looked at the same as others. The money isn't there, the TV, the fan support, etc. No idea why it's so hard for you.
Perhaps because I taught this stuff in commerce and business school.
maslow-s-hierarchy-of-needs--scalable-vector-illustration-655400474-5c6a47f246e0fb000165cb0a.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I have relatives and former teamates who played at N as well as many commercial friends from Ogallala to South Sioux. Thankfully, they look nothing like what I witness here. I write it off as a product of losing.

I have relatives and former teamates who played at N as well as many commercial friends from Ogallala to South Sioux. Thankfully, they look nothing like what I witness here.
do they know you regularly post here despite:

1. NU not having played KSU in 12 years

2. NU's former qb completely blowing KSU's season in an embarrassing & completely predictable loss to tulane

?

Many have now passed. Heelan, then N's Mike Grace being the best player I ever had the pleasure of getting whooped by after Iowa's Leo Miller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT