ADVERTISEMENT

OU football player in a brawl

LOL at the big tough guy who was all to happy to try and bully the smaller guy and bit off more than he bargained for and runs to an attorney when he loses.
@litespeedhuskerfan, this just totally reminds me of a friend of mine back in college. We were hanging at a bar in Omaha (four of us). My buddy has kind of a loud laugh. We were just sitting at the end of the bar joking around. Three dudes were playing Golden Tee right next to us and one of them started giving my buddy with the loud laugh all kinds of s**t. It escalated and the dude finally shoved my buddy and told him to "STFU and leave...or I will remove you." The dude starting all the crap with my buddy was easily 250. We later found out he was an OL at a DII school. My buddy was 165...and that might be pushing it. Long story short, two jabs and a cross, and the 250 lb dude was out...and I mean out. Dude probably shouldn't have picked a fight with a GG boxer. I learned real fast that night to never push too far with that buddy of mine, despite having about 50lbs on him. 🤣

Yup. People intially get all excited because the pretty boy scholarship kid gets his ass kicked under the presumption they were uppity, but im bettin the MMA guys may have been the dbags out of all of this

I think to much video is missing, but go ahead and judge. That a how it goes nowadays.

Just so we're all clear, curly haired MMA guy is NOT the one and only funky Ben Askren, although the resemblance is striking.

Ben's next opponent is the jackwagon Jake Paul from YouTube Fame. He's going to tune that guy up.

Do you know any football players? Are you suggesting that football players in America are upstanding citizens in bars and never provoke anyone? To your question, “Why would some football players tell some random dudes to get out of here”, it’s because they can. Especially when there’s more than one football player. They don’t have to back down because of their crew.

I’m flabbergasted that you haven’t even considered this possibility.
Lol you're taking this way too seriously. Sure it's a possibility. It's also a possibility the mma guys were the ones causing all the trouble. It doesn't really matter though. Since the mma guys escalated the situation, they're likely going to take the brunt of the consequences.

Lol you're taking this way too seriously. Sure it's a possibility. It's also a possibility the mma guys were the ones causing all the trouble. It doesn't really matter though. Since the mma guys escalated the situation, they're likely going to take the brunt of the consequences.
I agree it could be the mma guys causing trouble as well. I guess I saw you wondering why the football players would tell these random dudes to get lost and I could think of a hundred reasons why football players would tell random dudes to get lost.

I think the clip is too short to say definitively what started it all. I guess if charges are filed, the authorities will have to sort all that out.

Didn’t look like there was any

Again, if going by the video which is all we have then the dude who got sucker punched did in no way no how deserve to be assaulted for telling dude to piss/**** off. Which to me means he is the one deescalating and not looking for a fight.

To get a little shove from someone else and to them sucker punch the person who didn’t do anything (on video) to anyone is for sure assault and a cheap shot.

Dudes sound like this their MO and claim to fame in OK. I think martial arts and training should be used as tools to defend self and not inflict harm upon others.

But every gym is filled with this blowhards whom get off on it. It’s like this guy putting pads on ad getting on the field with college/pro football players. They would get owned and possible hurt the same way. Just no need for this BS.

I get it, it’s a dick measuring contest and guys be guys but these two are class A shitheads who attacked and took advantage of two dudes they knew they could hurt and wanted too.

I’ve never seen anyone give someone a bloody nose and then stand there talking in striking range and not be on the defense for retaliation. Maybe this Ben Askren inbred got done sniffing his daily check in the stall and wanted to beat up some privleded jocks. Maybe the jocks were total dicks.

At the end of the day in no way do we see dudes claim they did everything to deescalate and prevent as stated. Those dudesknew exactly what they wanted when they blocked the exist and got it. Just because they won doesn’t make them right.

Wow you must be like Joe Kenda from Investigation Discovery.

Based on the 7 seconds of prefight bullshit talk and 53 seconds of a fight you were able to determine all of that?

He had a bloody nose. I imagine he caught one in the beak unawares. He stood there, until he was pushed. Why are you surprised that a guy reacts violently after catching one and then being pushed ? We have no idea what the situation is. He took the initiative. The other two were talking too much. They were aggressive and surprised by true violence, from what I could see.

There's a lesson in there.
thank you

won't make a judgement till I see the full video, so many of these videos you see just cut to the car chase and never include the intro to set the scene of the drama.

Just so we're all clear, curly haired MMA guy is NOT the one and only funky Ben Askren, although the resemblance is striking.

Ben's next opponent is the jackwagon Jake Paul from YouTube Fame. He's going to tune that guy up.

Yea, I checked that. I'd sign up for the beating too. Cash.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
Wow you must be like Joe Kenda from Investigation Discovery.

Based on the 7 seconds of prefight bullshit talk and 53 seconds of a fight you were able to determine all of that?
I’m basing off the film. Dude get sucker punched and has to have 4 emergency surgeries to save eye and vision. Did he touch anyone?

I speculated same as you. Sounds silly both ways but again perspective of people do differ. In this disagreement you are coming off as all knowing and to you so am I.

Based off what we can see dude was sucker punched and hopitalized by a guy with professional training to hurt someone. He should be in jail/charged/sued for damages.

Lucky someone isn't dead over this. Suplex and concrete floors don't end well usually. I've never been in a "real" fight in my life, but I spent the summer after I graduated from HS hanging out with a guy who got in fights every weekend. I really thought he might kill someone so I stopped hanging out with him.

Wow. I had a roommate in college that had little guy syndrome. Guy lipped off to some small mexicans. Turns out they were gang members. They came to the side of our car. Sucker punched me through the passenger window. Broke my tooth. I was so pissed that my "friend" mouthed off and then didn't get out of the car to back his mouth up. I made him pay for the crown. I kicked him out after 6 more months. I couldn't take this wanting to fight all the time. Eventually, you end up in jail, the hospital or dead. You got to grow up sometime.

Reactions: Reditus
I’m basing off the film. Dude get sucker punched and has to have 4 emergency surgeries to save eye and vision. Did he touch anyone?

I speculated same as you. Sounds silly both ways but again perspective of people do differ. In this disagreement you are coming off as all knowing and to you so am I.

Based off what we can see dude was sucker punched and hopitalized by a guy with professional training to hurt someone. He should be in jail/charged/sued for damages.

Just to be clear. When you are standing face to face or face to chest in this situation, and there is typical prefight shit talk going on, there is no such thing as a sucker punch. If you aren't expecting to be hit or thrown at that is your problem.

Way too much attention is being paid to the "professional training" If I go work out at a gym and have 30 days training from a personal trainer, I am not a "professional weightlifter". Just a dude that works out. The mma guy didn't do anything that any 1 or 2 year varsity wrestler with 3 months of BJJ wouldn't have done. You can watch 5 mma fights and figure out how to put someone in a rear naked choke. The fact that mma guy couldn't hold tough guy holder in a rear naked choke tells me all I need to know about both dudes. MMA guy did a nice job of getting in the hooks on the legs (common wrestler move), however, when you are fighting, there is little to no reason to try and "submit" your opponent. A "trained professional" would have kept the legs in and beat the shit out of the guy from the top while the "holder" was on his belly just taking blows to the head.

How is that for watching a tape and making a bunch of suppositions??

Just to be clear. When you are standing face to face or face to chest in this situation, and there is typical prefight shit talk going on, there is no such thing as a sucker punch. If you aren't expecting to be hit or thrown at that is your problem.

Way too much attention is being paid to the "professional training" If I go work out at a gym and have 30 days training from a personal trainer, I am not a "professional weightlifter". Just a dude that works out. The mma guy didn't do anything that any 1 or 2 year varsity wrestler with 3 months of BJJ wouldn't have done. You can watch 5 mma fights and figure out how to put someone in a rear naked choke. The fact that mma guy couldn't hold tough guy holder in a rear naked choke tells me all I need to know about both dudes. MMA guy did a nice job of getting in the hooks on the legs (common wrestler move), however, when you are fighting, there is little to no reason to try and "submit" your opponent. A "trained professional" would have kept the legs in and beat the shit out of the guy from the top while the "holder" was on his belly just taking blows to the head.

Do not discount that the floor was probably slippery from being drenched in piss, the room was small and they were all wearing skinny fit jeans. Not the ideal fighting environment.

The MMA guy had the right arm and control of the body and did nothing with it after somehow losing the choke. I doubt 10 years.

I talked about the left hand slap and the right cross. It changes your footing. Football player should have been out after his chin was checked, but because of curly changing core he lost power and his right hip. Doesn't matter. I'm bored.

Lucky someone isn't dead over this. Suplex and concrete floors don't end well usually. I've never been in a "real" fight in my life, but I spent the summer after I graduated from HS hanging out with a guy who got in fights every weekend. I really thought he might kill someone so I stopped hanging out with him.
My buddies were drunk and wrestling in the middle of a concrete street one night in our twenties. One wrestler buddy 160 lbs tried to pick up and face to face flip 220lb other friend. Oops. Bigger buddy fell flat on top of smaller. His nose smacked the concrete and was broken.. At the same time as the back of my wrestler buddies head smacked the concrete. He was all disoriented and I noticed has was bleeding out of his ear. Broken eardrum. Been deaf in that ear ever since. I told them to stop dicking around on concrete. But young, drunk and dumb...ya know. Should have listened. My GF had to drive to hospital. She was not happy with me. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: mgbreis

Again, the dude he hit did zilch zero Notta in that film to be sucker punched. Sorry you either to dumb to see that or Alpha big dick of the chat. Either way per video dude touched no one, didn’t attempt to hit anyone and was sucker punched and attacked.

I said the dude should be arrested and charged for what he did and sued for damages. He should based off the video.The attackers brother states they did everything in their power to avoid this happening, not me. Again you can clearly see that was not the case and my point stands on the type of people I’m sure these two are before and after this.

Thanks for the film breakdown as well Joe Rogan. Have fun at CrossFit throwing that shoulder out getting in those last few pumps.

Again, the dude he hit did zilch zero Notta in that film to be sucker punched. Sorry you either to dumb to see that or Alpha big dick of the chat. Either way per video dude touched no one, didn’t attempt to hit anyone and was sucker punched and attacked.

I said the dude should be arrested and charged for what he did and sued for damages. He should based off the video.The attackers brother states they did everything in their power to avoid this happening, not me. Again you can clearly see that was not the case and my point stands on the type of people I’m sure these two are before and after this.

Thanks for the film breakdown as well Joe Rogan. Have fun at CrossFit throwing that shoulder out getting in those last few pumps.
You're exactly right and this is going to be how the courts see it too. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if noone got injured. But one guy did have a serious injury, and I'd be surprised if the guy who got his head smacked into the wall didn't have some type of injury as well. Considering this, I'm sure someone's getting charged and it's going to be the guys that escalated the situation regardless of who started the smacktalk.

Reactions: Smokinthereiff
i was reading thru comments on reddit last night and someone posted - paraphrasing, 'and the dude with the biggest d1ck let the room...'
i chuckled.
not one girl in that restroom, they were all left unattended in the bar...opportunities.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
From Wiki "A sucker punch (American English), also known as a dog shot, coward punch, king hit or one-punch attack (Australian English) or cold-cock (American English), is a punch made without warning or while the recipient is distracted, "

I saw a sucker push by jean jacket, didn't see any sucker punches. All 4 guys involved in that fight wanted to fight and everyone in that video including the guy taking it, knew shit was about to go down, we all knew it to when we watched it. The lawyer who took that case is one of the many reasons many people do not have favorable views of lawyers. He should have told the guy...

72753640.jpg

Wasn't Wistrom in a somewhat similar situation but was able to walk away? Best thing to do.

So anyone that’s trained to defend themselves should get sued when they do?? Not following the logic.

C'mon. There's defending yourself, and then there's something else. Where that something else starts and stops is totally on the facts and circumstances of each incident. As an example, jean jacket dude had his head smashed against a wall, and by the way his body reacted, it looked like he was done at that point. Dude was wailing on him right after that without getting any sort of resistance. Maybe justified, maybe not. The more tje guy pounded on him while he was in the fetal position, the more likely he loses a lawsuit.

From Wiki "A sucker punch (American English), also known as a dog shot, coward punch, king hit or one-punch attack (Australian English) or cold-cock (American English), is a punch made without warning or while the recipient is distracted, "

I saw a sucker push by jean jacket, didn't see any sucker punches. All 4 guys involved in that fight wanted to fight and everyone in that video including the guy taking it, knew shit was about to go down, we all knew it to when we watched it. The lawyer who took that case is one of the many reasons many people do not have favorable views of lawyers. He should have told the guy...

72753640.jpg
Please. I agree, it wasn't a sucker punch because the guy was facing him and he should have at least thought it was a possibility this guy was going to throw a punch, but based on that video alone, I'd rather be the football players attorney than the attorney for the mma guys.

Reactions: Reditus
And got his @ss beaten.

It is totally on brand for this site to be completely polarized about a fight OU players get in!

I think I am just old, but I see 4 dudes that all are probably OK guys but too arrogant. As a dad of a couple boys close to this age, I cringe seeing this video. Any 1 or more of these guys could completely alter their lives from being too arrogant to understand when to walk away and de-escalte a situation. Two of the guys could have been critically injured and two could be prosecuted for causing the harm.

I get all of the alpha male crap on here, but seriously save defending yourself for when you really need to defend yourself.

Last edited:
Please. I agree, it wasn't a sucker punch because the guy was facing him and he should have at least thought it was a possibility this guy was going to throw a punch, but based on that video alone, I'd rather be the football players attorney than the attorney for the mma guys.

Disagree as much as humanely possible...for the record I think all 4 guys used really poor judgement and frankly I don't care who got hurt or who could have been hurt (though it's poetic justice it was jean jacket guy since he started it by pushing the guy when his back was turned)...when you engage in this behavior you have to be willing to live with the consequences and if MMA guy is charged I won't feel sorry for him, but it should not get that far. I also bet the two jackwagons who thought they were bullying two dudes they thought they could handle will never engage in that behavior again.

Disagree as much as humanely possible...for the record I think all 4 guys used really poor judgement and frankly I don't care who got hurt or who could have been hurt (though it's poetic justice it was jean jacket guy since he started it by pushing the guy when his back was turned)...when you engage in this behavior you have to be willing to live with the consequences and if MMA guy is charged I won't feel sorry for him, but it should not get that far. I also bet the two jackwagons who thought they were bullying two dudes they thought they could handle will never engage in that behavior again.

I think your first and most obvious problem is to assume that the two jackwagons were "bullying" two dudes. It's possible, but to take that from that video is nothing more than a guess. It's just as possible that the mma's guys had them marked. I mean, how can you not target a guy wearing a jean jacket?

1) Football guy didn't throw a punch or make any contact, or seemingly even threaten the guy.
2) mma guys were not in any way prevented from leaving the bathroom, football guys were, because mma guys appeared to be in their way, unless mma guys just really needed to go to the bathroom and football and jean jacket guy wouldn't let them by to use the urinal.
3) football guy and jean jacket guy probably have some hefty medical bills as a result.

These are bad facts for mma guys.

Must have been the way MMA guy had his back turned trying to ignore the douches cussing at him and telling him to get out while they were pushing him and trying to get a reaction that led you to believe MMA guys were trying to keep them from leaving.

Won't it be nice to have football back so we can disagree about Husker stuff again? :)

Must have been the way MMA guy had his back turned trying to ignore the douches cussing at him and telling him to get out while they were pushing him and trying to get a reaction that led you to believe MMA guys were trying to keep them from leaving.

Won't it be nice to have football back so we can disagree about Husker stuff again? :)

Wha? Back turned and trying to ignore? Not even close. You've got your mind made up and "yes" it will be.

You've got your mind made up as well. Admit it.
In what way? This isn't a pissing match. What have I said that is any was subjective, other than it doesn't appear that mma guys were trying to ignore them? People get all excited because the bigger football guy got his ass kicked and immediately they are bullies and deserve to be in the hospital. It's like most on here had some bad experience being intimidated by someone bigger and are all giddy. I don't care one way or the other, just pointing out the problem with assuming these guys were the primary problem.

I agree it could be the mma guys causing trouble as well. I guess I saw you wondering why the football players would tell these random dudes to get lost and I could think of a hundred reasons why football players would tell random dudes to get lost.

I think the clip is too short to say definitively what started it all. I guess if charges are filed, the authorities will have to sort all that out.

I'm sure it all originated with the MMA guys talking to some chicks the Football guys wanted for themselves.

It is totally on brand for this site to be completely polarized about a fight OU players get in!

I think I am just old, but I see 4 dudes that all are probably OK guys but too arrogant. As a dad of a couple boys close to this age, I cringe seeing this video. Any 1 or more of these guys could completely alter their lives from being too arrogant to understand when to walk away and de-escalte a situation. Two of the guys could have been critically injured and two could be prosecuted for causing the harm.

I get all of the alpha male crap on here, but seriously save defending yourself for when you really need to defend yourself.
Even a trained killer will tell you to always walk (if not run) away if you can. A physical altercation is an absolute last resort when no other options exist. IF you get suckered into a bad situation, throw your hands in the air and loudly proclaim that you don't want a fight, so witnesses (and cameras) can clearly see you didn't instigate anything. Then, do what you need to do...with your #1 option being to get the hell outta there.

Did you just look down your nose at all the people who opined on this, as you were opining on this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT