ADVERTISEMENT

OU Fan saying Hello

Oct 15, 2017
Hi, all.
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. Big game this week. 50th Anniversary game (still can’t believe Frost/Moos tried to get out of it.)
OU fans have been looking forward to this game (and next year) for a while now.
OU fans, especially the older ones, really miss the yearly rivalry game with NU.

As far as this game goes, seems like OU may have a decent advantage. Count on OU scoring 31+. Lincoln Riley teams rarely score less. Question is can NU keep up? OU has historically struggled with running QBs - right up AM’s alley. However, look for an improvement in our D. The Tulane was an anomaly IMO (played way too many guys in the rotation-31 to be exact).
Nik Bonitto is the real deal. Also be wary of Perrion Winfrey and Isiah Thomas.

How are you guys feeling about the game?

Here’s hoping for an injury free game - and may the good guys win! 🤗

Hi, all.
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. Big game this week. 50th Anniversary game (still can’t believe Frost/Moos tried to get out of it.)
OU fans, especially the older ones, really miss the yearly rivalry game with NU.

As far as this game goes, seems like OU may have a decent advantage. Count on OU scoring 31+. Lincoln Riley teams rarely score less. Question is can NU keep up? OU has historically struggled with running QBs - right up AM’s alley. However, look for an improvement in our D. The Tulane was an anomaly IMO (played way too many guys in the rotation-31 to be exact).

Tell me about the Campus Corner, is that the best place to hit up before the game?

Little lame your AD did not do more to make this a 2:30 game, sort of odd that he would not have pulled a few strings but maybe he just doesn't have connections. So it might not be his fault.

Tell me about the Campus Corner, is that the best place to hit up before the game?

Little lame your AD did not do more to make this a 2:30 game, sort of odd that he would not have pulled a few strings but maybe he just doesn't have connections. So it might not be his fault.
Joe C is extremely frustrated with 11:00 games. He too, would love this game to be later. What has he done about it? Off to the SEC!

Joe C is extremely frustrated with 11:00 games. He too, would love this game to be later. What has he done about it? Off to the SEC!
Right, that is reactive though, not proactive.

So, campus corner, tell me more.

Hi, all.

Hello

Hi, all.

Hell we can‘t even beat Iowa It will become ugly fast just hope it doesn’t turn out like the Texas tech game 77-10. I’m old enough to remember the 1970 and 1971 games, sooner magic. Barry Switzer you loved to hate. I had the up most respect for him. I’m still upset that when the big 12 was formed Oklahoma didn’t want to continue the yearly rivalry. Good luck to you guys I know a number of people from Oklahoma truly good people. Yes we suck and I can’t foresee getting out of this rut anytime soon.

Last edited:
Don’t sully Bill Moos’ name like that. It sounds like he was unaware of it, as Frost bypassed him in his attempt to get the game canceled. Then Moos stood up there and took the blame to save Frost’s image.
The only "issue" with this game is that OU did nothing to try and get a non 11am kickoff. They basically just "hoped" it would not be. Well, if you "hope" in one hand and shit in the other...

Hi, all.

Great screen name

It was great times back then, but that is ancient history now. All of those games have no relevance now. Maybe we can hang in there for a while if things go our way. But pretty sure OU will blow this open at some point.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Hi, all.

Best spot near the stadium for a great breakfast?

This sucks too. Really wish NU had a do over with the conference move.
im not happy with the big 10 but if we would have stayed Texas and OU would have left us hanging high and dry by going to the SEC. I don’t understand the love affair with OU and Texas you would do just fine in recruiting Texas without them

Hi, all.

I wouldn't believe "internet rumors" from a click bait journalist like Brett Mcmurphy.
He did the same thing in 2016 about LSU backing out of a game with Florida which LSU AD Joe Alleva called a flat out lie

We have a lazy and inept media in which every major publication picked up the story and ran with it without asking any basic questions.
How would a head coach schedule a game without an AD's approval?
How would he cancel a game without an AD's approval?
The logistics and planning of such things go beyond the scope of a football coach.

The possilibilty could've been explored to add an extra home game to offset falling revenue due to covid
in which Frost could've of been asked if he was in favor of it . IDK. The story seems farfetched to me .
I believe Frost when he says "I never made one call" "thats not my job"

"IF" he did have a "source" from inside Nebraska who is trying to make Frost look bad. It shows dysfunctional leaders or boosters inside Husker Football. Add that with the story of an advisor coaching in which a video was sent into the NCAA. Plus add the story of the Illegal Covid practices. The strange way Moos retired before the season. IT looks like from a fans perspective that someone from inside is the program is actively trying and rooting for the Frost to fail. Which if is the case would explain a lot of our problems in the last 10 years.
JMO

I wouldn't believe "internet rumors" from a click bait journalist like Brett Mcmurphy.
He did the same thing in 2016 about LSU backing out of a game with Florida which LSU AD Joe Alleva called a flat out lie

We have a lazy and inept media in which every major publication picked up the story and ran with it without asking any basic questions.
How would a head coach schedule a game without an AD's approval?
How would he cancel a game without an AD's approval?
The logistics and planning of such things go beyond the scope of a football coach.

The possilibilty could've been explored to add an extra home game to offset falling revenue due to covid
in which Frost could've of been asked if he was in favor of it . IDK. The story seems farfetched to me .
I believe Frost when he says "I never made one call" "thats not my job"

"IF" he did have a "source" from inside Nebraska who is trying to make Frost look bad. It shows dysfunctional leaders or boosters inside Husker Football. Add that with the story of an advisor coaching in which a video was sent into the NCAA. Plus add the story of the Illegal Covid practices. The strange way Moos retired before the season. IT looks like from a fans perspective that someone from inside is the program is actively trying and rooting for the Frost to fail. Which if is the case would explain a lot of our problems in the last 10 years.
JMO
I think they found out who that inside source was and he was booted.

I'll be at the game this weekend! Sooooo looking forward to it!

I'm just curious to know what I can expect from the crowd... I'm expecting a decent amount of good ol'fashion smack talk and that's all in fun... that said, I can't help but wonder if it will it be overtly hostile (like visiting CU in Boulder back in the day) or will it be one of mutual respect even given the current condition of NU...

I'll be at the game this weekend! Sooooo looking forward to it!

I'm just curious to know what I can expect from the crowd... I'm expecting a decent amount of good ol'fashion smack talk and that's all in fun... that said, I can't help but wonder if it will it be overtly hostile (like visiting CU in Boulder back in the day) or will it be one of mutual respect even given the current condition of NU...
Expect respect. Most fans are just trying to have fun and enjoy the game. I would anticipate some friendly banter and lots of talk about “the old days”. The game being at 11 should cut down on the potential of an obnoxious drunk saying something stupid-but you get that at any away stadium.
You referred to CU fans back in the day - they were trying to be bigger and gain respect because they were jealous of NU’s success. That problem won’t exist in Norman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT