ADVERTISEMENT

OU Fan saying Hello

I'll be at the game this weekend! Sooooo looking forward to it!

I'm just curious to know what I can expect from the crowd... I'm expecting a decent amount of good ol'fashion smack talk and that's all in fun... that said, I can't help but wonder if it will it be overtly hostile (like visiting CU in Boulder back in the day) or will it be one of mutual respect even given the current condition of NU...
I think you’ll see a lot of respect, which would have been the case regardless of the current condition of NU. For me, Texas was always a hatred rivalry, and Nebraska was always a respect rivalry.
Looking forward to Saturday. I haven’t been to an OU/Nebraska game since 1996, and Nebraska won 73-21. The size difference between the teams was unbelievable.

Do those Rough Trade boys still carry around their spanking paddles and shoot off their wee guns? They're so butch.

I'm just curious to know what I can expect from the crowd... I'm expecting a decent amount of good ol'fashion smack talk and that's all in fun... that said, I can't help but wonder if it will it be overtly hostile (like visiting CU in Boulder back in the day) or will it be one of mutual respect even given the current condition of NU...
I've been to Owen field one time in the late 80's. Rainy and we won in a very low scoring game.

Sooner fans were nothing but hospitable. We were the only Husker fans in that area of stadium. Had a great time.

Hi, all.
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. Big game this week. 50th Anniversary game (still can’t believe Frost/Moos tried to get out of it.)
OU fans have been looking forward to this game (and next year) for a while now.
OU fans, especially the older ones, really miss the yearly rivalry game with NU.

As far as this game goes, seems like OU may have a decent advantage. Count on OU scoring 31+. Lincoln Riley teams rarely score less. Question is can NU keep up? OU has historically struggled with running QBs - right up AM’s alley. However, look for an improvement in our D. The Tulane was an anomaly IMO (played way too many guys in the rotation-31 to be exact).
Nik Bonitto is the real deal. Also be wary of Perrion Winfrey and Isiah Thomas.

How are you guys feeling about the game?

Here’s hoping for an injury free game - and may the good guys win! 🤗
If I owned land in hell and Oklahoma, I would live in hell and rent out Oklahoma.

Better dead than Sooner red.

Reactions: woodman79 and 9and4
Tell me about the Campus Corner, is that the best place to hit up before the game?

Little lame your AD did not do more to make this a 2:30 game, sort of odd that he would not have pulled a few strings but maybe he just doesn't have connections. So it might not be his fault.
He literally did everything in his power to make it a later start. Not just for the rivalry but also for recruiting. He has been PISSED at this TV deal for years as OU plays way too many early games because they dominate the Big 12 they are always the 1A game. He has been soooo pissed off, he initiated moving to the SEC!

Last edited:

You have a much better chance of having civility with an 11am start than 2:30 or heaven forbid 6:30. Doubt you will run into any issues. Theory for visiting team fans should always be 'cheer for your team, not against the other.' You do that, you won't have an issue.

Reactions: ADV1
He literally did everything in his power to make it a later start. Not just for the rivalry but also for recruiting. He has been PISSED at this TV deal for years as OU plays way too many early games because they dominate the Big 12 they are always the 1A game. He has been soooo pissed off, he initiated moving to the SEC!
What did he literally do, can you tell me?

Did he threaten to not allow TV cameras into the stadium unless they made it a non 11am kickoff, did he do that?

When is the last time a Husker QB was 30-39 for 304 yards? He did have two picks but one that RIley called out Stogner for running the wrong route. Dude has arm talent that is unmatched in the college game.
When was the last time a Husker QB struggled vs a non P5 team at home? Like, all the time. Sweet comparison.

Yes campus corner

Food for game day on campus:
Midway Deli
Vans Pig Stand
The Mont
Rays

Bars:

O'Connell's
Blackbird gastropub
Crossed cannons.
Do theyvstill empty the stadium at halftime to double fist coors lights outside O'Connells? I used to love that when I went to games down there..its been awhile tho

Reactions: SuperBigFan
I've been to Owen field one time in the late 80's. Rainy and we won in a very low scoring game.

Sooner fans were nothing but hospitable. We were the only Husker fans in that area of stadium. Had a great time.
Was there too, wasn't that the game we broke Charles Thompson's leg?

Expect respect. Most fans are just trying to have fun and enjoy the game. I would anticipate some friendly banter and lots of talk about “the old days”. The game being at 11 should cut down on the potential of an obnoxious drunk saying something stupid-but you get that at any away stadium.
You referred to CU fans back in the day - they were trying to be bigger and gain respect because they were jealous of NU’s success. That problem won’t exist in Norman.
Colorado is not jealous of any flatland school. They are Colorado, in Boulder. When they were 4 - 8 in the old Big 12 they were still the sexiest school in the conference, hands down. Truth is, generally speaking, they don't care enough about football to be jealous. At best, its just a good time at the stadium, when they go, and a reason to get loaded. Had immediate family that went to school there. Everyone that goes there thinks they are cool. Required status - jeep with ski rack, covered in mud, folks have a place at a destination ski resort (whether they actually do or do not, they will tell you they have a place). When they leave school, they could not care less about the place. You get the picture.

ADVERTISEMENT