ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Cup

I used to hate soccer. As I’ve gotten older and watched my kids get into it I’ve grown to love it. I think it’s an incredibly misunderstood sport. Once you begging to understand the degree of difficulty of the game and tactics of actually moving the ball and getting shots on goal it really is like a chess match, especially at the highest levels. To be honest American Soccer IS boring. Mainly because European Soccer (primarily English Premier League) is just so much better. It pains me to make this comparison but EPL vs MLS is like watching Bama/Georgia vs Nebraska/Northwestern. (That really hurt to type…). American Soccer is getting significantly better, especially our National Team, but overall we have a long way to go to equal the Europeans.

My two sons have played soccer and we've really started to get into it. The coaches move players around a lot in the younger years (more than American football) and let them try different positions. My youngest really loves goalie and we've done goalie training as well.

Reactions: king_kong_
I would assume it's okay? pennst/ohiost/maryland if they have teams maybe?

one thing is for sure - it doesn't hold a candle to B1G lax!
Or wrestling for that matter. Four Big 10 teams (monopoly on top 3) in the top 5 and ten Big 10 teams in the top 25. Living where I do I know Penn State had a pretty incredible run of 8 nattys in 9 years a few years back and still on top at #1 right now. Got to see one of their meets a few years back - relative who was into wrestling had some extra tickets. Damn good program and fun to watch.

Overall don't follow wrestling much but kind of nice to see the Big 10 dominate a sport. SEC domination in football gets old sometimes, lol.

Know I made some jokes about soccer but to be serious for a moment - honestly concerned for the well-being of Iran's team. Lot of bad stuff going on over there right now and the team didn't sing along to Iran's anthem. In addition the leaders can't be happy to being knocked out of the cup by the US of all teams...

Know I made some jokes about soccer but to be serious for a moment - honestly concerned for the well-being of Iran's team. Lot of bad stuff going on over there right now and the team didn't sing along to Iran's anthem. In addition the leaders can't be happy to being knocked out of the cup by the US of all teams...
There were a lot of reports alleging the Iranian govt “contacting” the families of players leading up to yesterdays game to try to keep them in line

We are all so goddamn lucky to have hit the galactic lottery and be born in the USA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT