ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why are we not shutting down the Stock Market for a week or two

I'm amused that there has been such a market rally the last two days. Just wait til the numbers start coming in on the losses and the recessionary dominoes start falling, they'll be selling their asses off again.

If the US debt wasn't a comical abstraction before, it certainly is now and going forward. 2 trillion in money we don't have...here's hoping they can make it back with interest like they did last time.

I'm amused that there has been such a market rally the last two days. Just wait til the numbers start coming in on the losses and the recessionary dominoes start falling, they'll be selling their asses off again.

If the US debt wasn't a comical abstraction before, it certainly is now and going forward. 2 trillion in money we don't have...here's hoping they can make it back with interest like they did last time.

It's not that hard. Devalue the dollar. That's what they're doing anyway.

I see the market taking another fall right after Easter when things won’t be back to normal like Trump is hoping they turn out to be...

I understand he wants to get this economy back on it’s feet again and quickly, but the peak of this virus will be at a time he wants to kick start the country..

He is dreaming if he thinks in 18 days the church’s are full of people for Easter services..

The problem for Trump is he can't fully control what the states do. Maryland just cancelled school through the end of April, more or less assuring we won't all be back to work in 2 weeks. At least not in any "pre-corona" capacity. Rinse repeat for the other 18 states on lockdown or who have already shuttered stuff longer than we have.

The problem for Trump is he can't fully control what the states do. Maryland just cancelled school through the end of April, more or less assuring we won't all be back to work in 2 weeks. At least not in any "pre-corona" capacity. Rinse repeat for the other 18 states on lockdown or who have already shuttered stuff longer than we have.

Getting back to work is one thing but bringing kids back to school is another..

Millard is out till April 30 and I talked to a teacher and she doubts that they even return till next fall..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Getting back to work is one thing but bringing kids back to school is another..

Millard is out till April 30 and I talked to a teacher and she doubts that they even return till next fall..

Yah a good chunk of states on lockdown, dare I say most, don't have school the rest of this term. Maryland, Nebraska, practically don't but have yet to call off the whole year officially. Maryland is weird in that we start school after Labor day, so even if they go back in May they could have a month of instruction....although after a disruption like this it would be mostly wasted time trying to get into a rhythm. I expect those ~20 states to not have school this year until the fall.

Reactions: scarletred

Don't worry. We'll borrow it from China. :( They own 17% of us now as it is.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT