ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you listening to right now?

Donna Summer was known as the queen of disco, which didn't really fir her because she had a wide range of songs in the r'n'b genre. Plus, great vocal range:

Reactions: bigboxes
IMHO this is their best release. Great tracks (and variety) from start to finish (all killer, no filler). Album went nowhere because radio expected more sappy ballads:

Reactions: bigboxes
Story within a story that sprawled over 2 full length releases. Basically all instrumental except for a couple of verses at the very end.

Music perfectly catches the emotions of each passage: hope and exhilaration at the birth of a child, then, horror and desperation as the husband realizes his wife may not survive the birth of their daughter, and, finally, the acceptance and resignation of loss:

A few posts back (actually, a boatload of posts back) someone asked if anyone was interested in long songs, or if it was OK to post songs lasting longer than the usual 3-4 minutes.

Figured that today I'd post just vids to long songs; I'll try to keep it to tunes going over the 10 minute mark................and, right off the bat, I'll cheat and post a song under 10 minutes:cool:

This next one is well over 10 min. long, but it's the live version (studio version fell short of the mark). So, a semi cheat:

Amazing song from this American band (heavily influenced by Pink Floyd and Yes). Sort of a modern take on the doomed spaceman (think Bowie's Space Oddity). Song isn't really 30 minutes long (actually just about 22 minutes in length) but there's a coda after a few minutes of silence:

ADVERTISEMENT