OT: What are you listening to right now?

major.tom.foolery

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 25, 2016
Donna Summer was known as the queen of disco, which didn't really fir her because she had a wide range of songs in the r'n'b genre. Plus, great vocal range:

Reactions: bigboxes

major.tom.foolery

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 25, 2016
IMHO this is their best release. Great tracks (and variety) from start to finish (all killer, no filler). Album went nowhere because radio expected more sappy ballads:

Reactions: bigboxes

major.tom.foolery

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 25, 2016
Story within a story that sprawled over 2 full length releases. Basically all instrumental except for a couple of verses at the very end.

Music perfectly catches the emotions of each passage: hope and exhilaration at the birth of a child, then, horror and desperation as the husband realizes his wife may not survive the birth of their daughter, and, finally, the acceptance and resignation of loss:

major.tom.foolery

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 25, 2016
A few posts back (actually, a boatload of posts back) someone asked if anyone was interested in long songs, or if it was OK to post songs lasting longer than the usual 3-4 minutes.

Figured that today I'd post just vids to long songs; I'll try to keep it to tunes going over the 10 minute mark................and, right off the bat, I'll cheat and post a song under 10 minutes:cool:

major.tom.foolery

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 25, 2016
This next one is well over 10 min. long, but it's the live version (studio version fell short of the mark). So, a semi cheat:

major.tom.foolery

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 25, 2016
Amazing song from this American band (heavily influenced by Pink Floyd and Yes). Sort of a modern take on the doomed spaceman (think Bowie's Space Oddity). Song isn't really 30 minutes long (actually just about 22 minutes in length) but there's a coda after a few minutes of silence: