ADVERTISEMENT

ot What are you getting your ladies

justin-timberlake-dick-in-a-box-GC.jpg

Serious question. After 38 years. Multiple sets of diamond ear rings followed by one lost diamond ear ring each time, what do you buy a wife who makes 6 figures and flies to Chicago twice a year to shop? I swear a person could make a good living just following her around waiting for an ear ring to fall off. I think a couple of sales ladies in Chicago and Minneapolis live solely on the commissions generated by all of the boxes that get shipped to our house from Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstroms.

Last edited:
Serious question. After 38 years. Multiple sets of diamond ear rings followed by one lost diamond ear ring each time, what do you buy a wife who makes 6 figures and flies to Chicago twice a year to shop? I swear a person could make a good living just following her around waiting for an ear ring to fall off. I think a couple of sales ladies in Chicago and Minneapolis live solely on the commissions generated by all of the boxes that get shipped to our house from Sacs Fifth Avenue and Nordstroms.

Tighter earlobes.

Reactions: 9and4
Serious question. After 38 years. Multiple sets of diamond ear rings followed by one lost diamond ear ring each time, what do you buy a wife who makes 6 figures and flies to Chicago twice a year to shop? I swear a person could make a good living just following her around waiting for an ear ring to fall off. I think a couple of sales ladies in Chicago and Minneapolis live solely on the commissions generated by all of the boxes that get shipped to our house from Sacs Fifth Avenue and Nordstroms.

I know...marriage counselor coupons. You're welcome.

You know how guys sometimes joke about getting their wife a cordless power drill? Well I did it once.

Don't get her a cordless power drill.

That depends on what added 'attachments' might come with the drill, lite.

BTW, how's the kid doing? Hope all is well with you guys.

I am getting my lady some lube...for DAT ASS...but only because she has been good this year.

We bought a new dishwasher (ours hadn't worked for the 6 years we've owned the house) and an Instant Pot as "gifts" for each other this year. I wasn't completely thrilled at first, but dang have both made life alot more convenient. I might buy something small just so I can give her something on Christmas day though.

Reactions: red scowl
I buy my wife anything she wants. We work hard and have no kids so we kind of spoil each other. My wife is always cold so I bought her another Patagonia Better Sweater Vest. Shoes from Nordstrom (I do live in their home state, Washington. Bet you guys didn't know this. Nordstrom started out as a shoe store in Seattle...and there is no S at the end of their name). Brown Frye boots (I thought she has about a dozen boots but somehow she says she doesn't have brown). A smart TV, Samsung (great deal at Costco, Oh yea. another Washington company) for the bedroom. She goes to bed hours before I do and watches TV for about 30-45 minutes (I am up late watching, reading and writing about sports). I always buy her flannel pajamas from Victoria Secret. We have a local store that sells handmade jewelry made by local artists. Most of it is pretty inexpensive and she is always happy to get anything from there. I've never been one of those husbands who has a hard time buying presents for their wife. My wife is the nice one of the two of us and she is always very happy with whatever presents I give her.

We bought a new dishwasher (ours hadn't worked for the 6 years we've owned the house) and an Instant Pot as "gifts" for each other this year. I wasn't completely thrilled at first, but dang have both made life alot more convenient. I might buy something small just so I can give her something on Christmas day though.

My wife is buying herself an instant pot. I guess there are variations.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
That depends on what added 'attachments' might come with the drill, lite.

BTW, how's the kid doing? Hope all is well with you guys.

Howdy Dana!!! Jake is killing it, thanks for asking. He's going into the Air Force so needless to say I'm way stoked for him and very proud!!

How's Brayton doing, and not just with the ladies, I already know that answer!!

THOUGHTFUL is the operative word here. As dudes we like PRACTICAL, we want a give we can use and that is durable. We like useful and valuable. Women (usually, in my experience) like a gift that shows you were thinking of them or that lets them think of the people they love.

There are lots of websites where you can make mugs and other items with pictures on them. Wife LOVES them and honestly so do I. You can get a coffee mug (travel kind or ceramic) with pictures of the kids on them or pictures of you guys if you don't have kids. I have a travel mug like that and the women at the office always want to see it and they comment on how cute it is.

If she's not into that get a nice print of a collage of family pictures, there are lots of websites where you just drop in the pics and then they send you the finished print framed and on canvas. They look very nice. Just make sure you use high-res pictures so it doesn't come out all pixellated. I think Costco does them but they're super busy this time of year.

For mother's day I ordered a little board book for her to read to the baby that was pictures of the family, the baby, etc. I made it with a rhyming story because I happen to be able to write rhyming verse easily but it can just be a book of pictures.

My wife wanted an old heirloom ring reset as a necklace so she's getting that plus I'll probably give her another travel mug since she has a talent for taking them to work and never bringing them back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT