OT - Wearing a Mask - example

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Goes both ways. I am sure you find the kneeler brave in my photo?

sp09fbnbronx__0jl1941x.jpg

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
You won't have it. Until you do.

You realize you could catch it and not know you have it don't you Hank?

Yup, sat in a men's study on biblical manhood this morning, with guys who could have it, and pass it to me, (or I could have it, and pass it to them) but I'm not going to live my life in fear, and be driven by what others want.

ThomOsborneMD

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2017
Yup, sat in a men's bible study this morning, with guys who could have it, and pass it to me, (or I could have it, and pass it to them) but I'm not going to live my life in fear, and be driven by hype, and agenda....
Or you could still do that and just wear a mask mr spandex

Reactions: Aninix

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Yup, sat in a men's study on biblical manhood this morning, with guys who could have it, and pass it to me, (or I could have it, and pass it to them) but I'm not going to live my life in fear, and be driven by what others want.
If you want to catch it, nobody gives a shit. We care about you passing it on to other people.

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
I’m going with CDC guidelines and local guidelines recommended not required and only recommended and required when you can’t keep 6 feet of distance and that last more than 15 minutes

everybody forgets the 10-15 minutes or longer part

Social distancing reduces the infection rate way more than masks Therefore I’m only wearing a mask on places like a plane or inside for long periods of time with tons of people.. that’s it so far.. no Covid for months... no mask wearing just out and about because I keep Distance and don’t linger

otherwise I’m not. I don’t think I am Superman people. this is numbers. Pure Numbers telling us how it is you can ignore.

The latest on masks is it only helps reduce infection rates by 15% And I suspect that’s because it’s not really helping you unless you are within that 6 feet circle for a long period of time most people aren’t doing that

you really think we need masks everywhere when you see these numbers people look at how minuscule seriousness is my age

And outside you’re just completely lack common sense or understanding of the virus nobody’s catching it that way you almost have to be shoulder to shoulder breathing at a outdoor concert but to wear it outside with nobody around it doesn’t just exist in the air stop it already

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerCK

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Ironic that all the folks not wearing a mask, preventing us from re-opening the economy, are the same ones bitching that the economy is not re-opened.

equally ironic that those bitching about people not wearing masks are often are the same ones excusing the behavior of protestors and rioters who were clearly not social distancing

ThomOsborneMD

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2017
I’m going with CDC guidelines and local guidelines recommended not required and only recommended and required when you can’t keep 6 feet of distance and that last more than 15 minutes

everybody forgets the 10-15 minutes or longer part

Social distancing reduces the infection rate way more than masks

The latest on masks is it only helps reduce infection rates by 15% And I suspect that’s because it’s not really helping you unless you are within that 6 feet circle for a long period of time most people aren’t doing that
Ok so just wear a mask when not social distancing.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
equally ironic that those bitching about people not wearing masks are often are the same ones excusing the behavior of protestors and rioters who were clearly not social distancing
I admonish the protestors not wearing masks! Same as any other non-mask wearer who is trying to stall the economy.

Better?

Also, while we are at it, are there more people nationwide not wearing masks while going to stores and about their business than protestors not wearing masks? How many more would you say?

Should we be more worried about the millions of non-protestors not wearing masks than the small amount of protestors not wearing masks and why? Please show your work.

Last edited:

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
go to the Covid “infection rate estimate by age”

This is even based on the 2.5 million confirm cases not the 25 million or more we know we absolutely have now with 10- 20% of most football rosters infected. So these astronomically low death rates are even lower by 10 times or more

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-covid-deaths-us-age-race-14863

You have to get to age 50-64 Before you even come close to the average flu death rate

So everybody else who doesn’t come home to an unhealthy or an elderly family members not helping themselves wearing a mask around everywhere.

again only When you can’t keep 6 feet for 10 minutes or more and inside

ages
5-9 .0016%
10-19 .00032%
20-49 .0092%
50-64 .14%

Are you people who say you follow science and we need to follow science well why are we following this latest science and telling people to stop freaking out especially these football teams in sports teams are going to be fine only the players who have at risk people at home that they have to go home to should matter everybody else go ahead and get it it’s not hurting anybody under 50 who is healthy

Huskerbeast

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 13, 2014
More policing of the law abiding citizens vs. the criminals front in center throwing right in our faces. Disgusting!

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
So seriously for the people under 50 we were talking about what would happen if we tracked all the cold and flu cases every single hour of every single day that’s what we’re talking about we’re talking about an age group we’re 80 to 90% have no symptoms and you can’t even say that for the flu and we’re so dang worried because why?

These age groups get sick with the flu and even a cold in most cases more than with covid. that’s why the people who said that to begin with for the unhealthy very serious for the healthy this isn’t any worse than a cold or a flu in fact for 80% of these 90% of the young people it’s not even that bad.

People are wrongly assuming it’s a death sentence for all ages it’s not true it’s not even close to so many other things that people die of guarantee you there’s more concussion related issues and heart attacks that happen on the field and we still play through those risks. Yes you can argue that the risk is to other people not them but the point is when they’re on campus when they’re in these training camps and less they have vulnerable family at home and there are over 50 it’s not a big deal and most of these kids his age don’t

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
I admonish the protestors not wearing masks! Same as any other non-mask wearer who is trying to stall the economy.

Better?

Also, while we are at it, are there more people nationwide not wearing masks while going to stores and about their business than protestors not wearing masks? How many more would you say?

Should we be more worried about the millions of non-protestors not wearing masks than the small amount of protestors not wearing masks and why? Please show your work.
So we can ignore the social distancing part of the equation as long as some are wearing masks?

Washington-HoustonGeorgeFloydProtest.jpg

OneBadHuskerFan

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Austin, TX
So seriously for the people under 50...

What is your fascination with people under 50? You do realize there are roughly 100 million people in this country that aren't under 50? Your entire argument, almost every post you make is leaving out almost one-third of the entire population of the country. You are being dishonest and cherry picking your argument. That doesn't help you. I hope you see that at some point.

Reactions: realbp

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
What is your fascination with people under 50? You do realize there are roughly 100 million people in this country that aren't under 50? Your entire argument, almost every post you make is leaving out almost one-third of the entire population of the country. You are being dishonest and cherry picking your argument. That doesn't help you. I hope you see that at some point.
it is also idiotic based on the mere fact that we don't isolate people socially by age in the manner the virus isolates them as a threat

Reactions: OneBadHuskerFan

Nebyank

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2001
Go to the Chris Baker blog for KFAB Omaha if you are interested in an alternative view on the use of face masks.
Entitled Blalock : Face masks pose serious risks for the healthy.

Much solid information offered if you are curious.

shimiskywalker

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2002
Go to the Chris Baker blog for KFAB Omaha if you are interested in an alternative view on the use of face masks.

Lost me when he called it the "So called COVID 19 pandemic".

jw.3

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013

love owning the liberals such as soros and bill clinton, who are behind this so called pandemic. just gives them an excuse to inject us with their microchipped vaccine.

walnut creek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2005

My plumber is the go to guy on Covid and stock picks. Why have schools when there are so many smart people out there.

wmchusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Bud, I’m a front line worker, I wear a mask everyday. I do it for myself, and more importantly, the elderly customers I see and help everyday. If I’m asymptomatic, which is very possible, I have a responsibility to protect others. Selflessness, care for others. It’s really just that simple.

Husker Priapism

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2008
Bud, I’m a front line worker, I wear a mask everyday. I do it for myself, and more importantly, the elderly customers I see and help everyday. If I’m asymptomatic, which is very possible, I have a responsibility to protect others. Selflessness, care for others. It’s really just that simple.
Congrats to you.

You pretty much summed up Christian values to help protect/value other people’s lives. So many on here are easy to disregard their alleged faith if something inconveniences them.

Last edited:

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
You don't have the responsibility to protect others unless it is in a work situation like doctor, Hospital etc. Its a free world. They have to look out for them.

Latest posts