ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Watching the Outsiders Movie

Still am :)

That movie was great and used to be required reading for a lot of schools. I'm sure the woke police have long since removed it from the shelves by now though. I think a girl wrote the book at the age of 15???

Diane Lane is a gorgeous woman and her best movie by far is Streets Of Fire.

That movie was great and used to be required reading for a lot of schools. I'm sure the woke police have long since removed it from the shelves by now though. I think a girl wrote the book at the age of 15???

SE Hinton, they told her not to use her name because no one would read it.

It is still read in middle schools all over (thank god, it is awesome), I think it still sells 500,000 copies each year.

So she makes like 10% off those sales...raking it in!

SE Hinton, they told her not to use her name because no one would read it.

It is still read in middle schools all over (thank god, it is awesome), I think it still sells 500,000 copies each year.

So she makes like 10% off those sales...raking it in!
S.E. Hinton purposely hid her identity so the book was better received. There is one interesting thing about the book that I have always wondered if it was intentional or just coincidence. Diane Lane plays Cherry Valance who is a strong independent young woman. In 1948, the John Wayne classic Red River was released. It featured a tough guy gunfighter whose name was....Cherry Valance. Did Hinton purposely write that character to make Diane Lanes character subconsciously seem stronger to the audience? IDK. Interesting coincidence if not.

About 1:10 in Cherry was on point.

Last edited:
Socs 4 lyfe
CHZjZnNUYAEJhZn.jpg

Swayze was an all time badass...put him up there with anyone. McQueen, James Dean, anyone.....Swayze was as cool as they come and made some badass movies. He left us to soon.
Rob Lowe was just on Joe Rogan a few months ago talking about The Outsiders and Swayze. I would have guessed that Rob Lowe was really boring now contrary to his younger days, but he was really funny in the interview. He humorously ratted out Swayze and his height in this interview. There is a group pic of all the young actors and Swayze is standing behind Tom Cruise. He is a head taller than Cruise, but he is standing on two bricks. Awesome. Tom Cruise probably learned that trick from Swayze.

Rob Lowe was just on Joe Rogan a few months ago talking about The Outsiders and Swayze. I would have guessed that Rob Lowe was really boring now contrary to his younger days, but he was really funny in the interview. He humorously ratted out Swayze and his height in this interview. There is a group pic of all the young actors and Swayze is standing behind Tom Cruise. He is a head taller than Cruise, but he is standing on two bricks. Awesome. Tom Cruise probably learned that trick from Swayze.
Cruise needs many bricks. Lol. I think he wears lifts in his shoes to try to make himself look taller in his movies. Love his movies but scientology has made that dude insane.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Lowe is really funny and often times will just rip on himself.

Also, that cast has made more middle school and high school girls "Can you pause that" than any other movie...it always seems to happen when Lowe is coming out of the shower or when Swayze is putting on his shirt.

a watchable movie version of the book, but as many times as theyve remade ‘the shining’, id think someone could do a ‘new’ version of it.
i listened to the rogan interview and it was humorous insight.
lowe is decent conversationalist.
im thinking he lives in a little bit of a glass house, though...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT