ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Watch where you swing that racket!

I thought this was lame. Im not someone to point blame or question how someone feels. Im seriously the most non-judgmental person I know. But.... it was a tennis ball. It wasn't a 130 mph serve.
I don't follow tennis very close but it seems he has a rep as a giant d-bag. Guessing they're tired of his act.

It's a cut and dry rule. Any contact out of anger unrelated to an active point is automatically a default. Glad they enforced it. I love watching tennis but the men's game is a tough watch. Very few rallies. Will watch the women's game much more

Stupid f-ing rule. Would be like Tiger or some golfer dq-ed from a major for slamming a club.
That's what I want, a major without the best players in it.

It's a cut and dry rule. Any contact out of anger unrelated to an active point is automatically a default. Glad they enforced it. I love watching tennis but the men's game is a tough watch. Very few rallies. Will watch the women's game much more
They need college football rules and instant replay

That’s been my impression too. He comes across as an A-1 doosh nozzle.
Not a tennis dude but, but that was not intentional or even out of anger. The default based on the rules were the right call however. So really nothing else should come of it.

Federer and Nadal are bigger douches and Djokovic is probably better than both of them.
What????? What are your examples???
And while I’m here, with a bit of a tennis background, it is a weird situation... I guess the rule makes sense ( there IS in fact a rule about people getting hurt from ball / racquet abuse) but there is no room for “ intent”... and maybe that’s a good thing... cut and dried... he’s not the first... just highest profile...
And I disagree about the men’s game... have loved watching the young bucks, as well as the women....
I’ll wait on the Fed and Rafa examples...

Reactions: bigboxes
looked like an accident to me.
even if he is a dbag.

What????? What are your examples???
And while I’m here, with a bit of a tennis background, it is a weird situation... I guess the rule makes sense ( there IS in fact a rule about people getting hurt from ball / racquet abuse) but there is no room for “ intent”... and maybe that’s a good thing... cut and dried... he’s not the first... just highest profile...
And I disagree about the men’s game... have loved watching the young bucks, as well as the women....
I’ll wait on the Fed and Rafa examples...
Federer racked up most of his grand slam titles against weak competition and acts like he's the best player to ever play the game. Nadal only wins on one type of surface and beats Federer a few times and acts like he's the best to play the game. Meanwhile Djokovic just shows up to play, doesn't care about having the popularity those two have, and beats them both. Djokovic's had to play against these guys his whole career, has a winning record against both, and is quickly catching up and will most likely surpass both in titles.

and spart,
where the hell are all the americans in tennis?
its like we shut the light off after sampras.
sorry, i digress.

Nebraska born Roddick and Sock (in doubles) have been the only thing the last 15 years. I got a Go Big Red from Sock in 2014 when I was at Wimbledon and passed by in the concourse

Reactions: saluno22 and tpmcg
A few things, first for oldjar.... 19 grand slams for Nadal ( not my favorite but not at all a jerk ) and while 12 are on clay, 7 are not!!! Any idea how many men have won 7 grand slams???
Federer has won on every surface, and has been dominant for almost 2 decades... I thought he was finished 4 years ago but he reinvented himself and is strong again. Both of these guys exude confidence but have generally been magnanimous to opponents...

and I disagree about weak competition... I’ve been fortunate to go to the Open for the past 12 years and have seen some awesome players ... jockovic, Murray, Del Potro, Thiem, Roddick, Tsonga, Monfils, and more... plus Sampras and Chang and Agassi at the end... I think the players today are magnificent...

as to the Americans... times have changed... no national program like other countries... does not totally explain our women’s depth but two different circumstances...

If you take out Nadals clay, he would rank 11th of all the men ever in Grand Slams... his dominance there is stunning...
I was a Sampras guy and a Fed guy, but really I love Monfils even thought he will never achieve his potential

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT