ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Vaccination Benefits Who?

B1G RED RULES

First Team All-Big Ten
Sep 7, 2013
Friday go to chiro for a back adjustment - feels out of place.

Today back still aches, so go back. Told him last adjustment did no good. Asks me a few other questions and asks if I have gotten a Covid test. Told him I’m vaccinated - he says it doesn’t matter - might be the reason I have an ache that can’t be relieved with an adjustment.

Guess what - got the Rona. Literally no symptoms likely due to my vaccination. Good for me - but what about all the folks I have possibly infected because I didn’t feel sick? Working on a call list right now.

So the vaccination benefitted me by making my symptoms barely noticeable while I went about normal life. But how is this helping stop the spread of Covid?

Reactions: huntered and bigsag

Today back still aches, so go back. Told him last adjustment did no good. Asks me a few other questions and asks if I have gotten a Covid test. Told him I’m vaccinated - he says it doesn’t matter - might be the reason I have an ache that can’t be relieved with an adjustment.

Guess what - got the Rona. Literally no symptoms likely due to my vaccination. Good for me - but what about all the folks I have possibly infected because I didn’t feel sick? Working on a call list right now.

So the vaccination benefitted me by making my symptoms barely noticeable while I went about normal life. But how is this helping stop the spread of Covid?
No. The vaccine doesn't guarantee you won't get sick. What it does is keep you out of the hospital, where 1 in 4 never make it out alive. In your case, little to no symptoms. Wish I could have had that instead of a week of respiratory fun.

Tbh, they shouldn't label it as "vaccine" for this very reason. It's totally misleading. As kids we get the vaccine portfolio for MMR, Polio, Tetanus, and more. We don't come down with those diseases anymore.

With COVID, it's still the wild west and likely will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

COVID is a coronavirus in the same category as the common cold and flu. Why do we call it common? Because it changes strains year to year and vaccines are worthless to contain it.

COVID will hopefully, someday, morph into a minor illness ala a cold; Spanish Flu for example. Until then, best to just use good judgment.

Last edited:
Yep and unknowingly exposed 20+ other people, according to my latest tally.
Who, if they were also vaccinated would either A) severely limit the likelihood of also being infected or B) leave them also with little to no symptoms and likelihood of needing to be hospitalized.

The real ones at risk are the ones who operate without any precautions who aren’t vaccinated. They have a way to also protect themselves but they must have chosen not to.

Why are you sure that you infected anybody by contracting COVID post vaccination? One of the things that vaccination does in addition to reducing clinical illness is to reduce the amount of virus that a person sheds when affected. Contrast that with having the virus without vaccination in which case you might be shedding an exponential amount more virus for a few days early in your illness while you think you just have a cold or allergies.

I still assume that if I'm in a large group of people that somebody in that group is harboring COVID. Now I just found out that I'm in that lucky group of people according to the CDC who now need to get another booster. I've been saying for months that high risk people are going to need a booster this fall. The great news is that with their vaccine acceptance in Iceland they've had a surge of Delta infections and virtually no serious illness from it. That's the goal. Reduce hospitalizations and deaths. THOSE OF US WITH SUPPRESSED IMMUNE SYSTEMS NEED TO GET A BOOSTER SO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY CAN GO ON WITH LIFE AS USUAL.

the vaccinated are significantly less likely to spread it.

it is also believed the vaccinated if contagious at all may only be contagious for 24-48 hours at the most. The unvaccinated are probably double that timeline

I know two people both under 45 that have been hospitalized in the last two weeks from covid, neither were vaccinated. One was similar to yours chiropractor wasn't helping ease back symptoms. Oh and before the fat people are spreading it posters neither one are.

Reactions: chicolby
I know two people both under 45 that have been hospitalized in the last two weeks from covid, neither were vaccinated. One was similar to yours chiropractor wasn't helping ease back symptoms. Oh and before the fat people are spreading it posters neither one are.

Yeah the delta variant seems to be much more dangerous for young, healthy Americans.

Why are you sure that you infected anybody by contracting COVID post vaccination? One of the things that vaccination does in addition to reducing clinical illness is to reduce the amount of virus that a person sheds when affected. Contrast that with having the virus without vaccination in which case you might be shedding an exponential amount more virus for a few days early in your illness while you think you just have a cold or allergies.

I still assume that if I'm in a large group of people that somebody in that group is harboring COVID. Now I just found out that I'm in that lucky group of people according to the CDC who now need to get another booster. I've been saying for months that high risk people are going to need a booster this fall. The great news is that with their vaccine acceptance in Iceland they've had a surge of Delta infections and virtually no serious illness from it. That's the goal. Reduce hospitalizations and deaths. THOSE OF US WITH SUPPRESSED IMMUNE SYSTEMS NEED TO GET A BOOSTER SO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY CAN GO ON WITH LIFE AS USUAL.

This is an impossible game to play because you guys are so effective at moving the goal posts. Basically wear down the populace with information overload and fear mongering so that they throw up their hands and say whatever just put shots in my arm and let me get on with my life.

My daughter was vaccinated and got it. She thought she had allergies or a bit of a head cold (sinus congestion), until she lost her taste and smell. She was at a wedding the night before she lost her taste and smell, potentially exposing 300 people (only in close proximity to a few dozen most likely) and exposed countless others at work the week before. She does not know of anyone, vaccinated or not, with whom she had contact who later became ill or tested positive.

this is a very important thread!

if you or anyone you know goes to a chiropractor (snake oil peddler), kick them in the nuts and send them to an actual medical professional

chiropractors are not doctors, chiropractic is not a recognized branch of medicine and chiropractic school has literally zero barrier to entry. it was founded by a nut (in iowa, shocking, I know) who saw a ghost in his dreams that told him he could cure deafness by cracking someone's spine

it is the exact same thing as going to a very handsy soothsayer

Who, if they were also vaccinated would either A) severely limit the likelihood of also being infected or B) leave them also with little to no symptoms and likelihood of needing to be hospitalized.

The real ones at risk are the ones who operate without any precautions who aren’t vaccinated. They have a way to also protect themselves but they must have chosen not to.
This. You did what you did. Everyone else makes decisions for themselves. You don’t have to analyze it or judge it.

this is a very important thread!

if you or anyone you know goes to a chiropractor (snake oil peddler), kick them in the nuts and send them to an actual medical professional

chiropractors are not doctors, chiropractic is not a recognized branch of medicine and chiropractic school has literally zero barrier to entry. it was founded by a nut (in iowa, shocking, I know) who saw a ghost in his dreams that told him he could cure deafness by cracking someone's spine

it is the exact same thing as going to a very handsy soothsayer
Have you ever been to a chiropractor for an adjustment?

No. The vaccine doesn't guarantee you won't get sick. What it does is keep you out of the hospital, where 1 in 4 never make it out alive. In your case, little to no symptoms. Wish I could have had that instead of a week of respiratory fun.
Half of all people who have/had covid were asymptomatic or had very minor symptoms. Doesn't it tell you something that half of the people who have it didn't know it until a test told them so?

Also, when you take out visits for pregnancies and emergencies (such as broken bones), 1 in 3 people who go to a hospital for an illness do not make it out. That's just a fact. The "1 in 4" dealing with covid is meaningless.

Lastly, does anyone else find it interesting that the average age of all people who have died from covid is 78 (the same as the average US life expectancy)?

My daughter was vaccinated and got it. She thought she had allergies or a bit of a head cold (sinus congestion), until she lost her taste and smell. She was at a wedding the night before she lost her taste and smell, potentially exposing 300 people (only in close proximity to a few dozen most likely) and exposed countless others at work the week before. She does not know of anyone, vaccinated or not, with whom she had contact who later became ill or tested positive.
doctors believe vaccinated people are only contagious for 1 maybe 2 days. Not a week

If you, the most outspoken critic of a vaccine ever to possess a computer, believe in chiropractic, I would have a very hard time finding anything more ironic in all of human history
most people aren't very smart. they just have opinions

Half of all people who have/had covid were asymptomatic or had very minor symptoms. Doesn't it tell you something that half of the people who have it didn't know it until a test told them so?

Also, when you take out visits for pregnancies and emergencies (such as broken bones), 1 in 3 people who go to a hospital for an illness do not make it out. That's just a fact. The "1 in 4" dealing with covid is meaningless.

Lastly, does anyone else find it interesting that the average age of all people who have died from covid is 78 (the same as the average US life expectancy)?
if half the people who have had covid had more than minor symptoms thats a LOT OF PEOPLE!
Millions and millions
not a small number of people have had significant effect from covid

This is an impossible game to play because you guys are so effective at moving the goal posts. Basically wear down the populace with information overload and fear mongering so that they throw up their hands and say whatever just put shots in my arm and let me get on with my life.
that would be a good outcome for everyone.

Who are “the real ones” you’re referring to? And how do you know they haven’t caught Covid in the past and feel they are protected enough, with “natural” immunity…

No. This doesn’t tell me anything and it’s not interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT