ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US Men's beat the Dutch 4-3

I have to admit that I had almost given up on that game...what a comeback! Nice to see the younger guys step up and make a difference. Being fans of Galaxy and Sounders it was nice to see Zardes score his first intl goal and Yedlin did well also. Can't wait to see how the team will look when they get Dempsey and Gonzalez back.

I think it's pretty easy to say that under Jurgen the team has improved dramatically from a depth standpoint. Outside of Bradley he hasn't really been able to take a player up to the level of the aging Dempsey/ retired Landon. That said the next level of players under them is much stronger IMO. Players such as Bedoya, Mix, Zusi, Jozy.

I think JK is really wanting Alvorado/ Omar to take the two CB spots for the gold cup based upon their upsides...but it appears they aren't there yet. I'd guess the door is wide open for Besler/ Omar now. It's nice to have choices there which we haven't always had.

My last point...it will be interesting to see how Jordan Morris plays out over the next cycle. I think Jurgen is trying to do whatever he can to fast track him. Obviously a Stanford Education is a big deal, but I think he could be a star and from a career standpoint needs to get to a good club situation...he doesn't even know enough right now to know what he is/ isn't doing.

Side note, any of you gents going to the U.S. - Panama game this July in Kansas City? I'll be headed down there too!

Great win. We have lots to be excited about with our young talents (U25 or so) on the USMNT.

Well, to a certain extent it was...I'd say their B+ team. That said...the US was rolling with probably a B- team.
I could've been clearer, I know it wasn't the first team for the Germans. But still, any team with Ozil, Podolski, Khedira, Goetze, Schurlle, (and others who's names I would butcher worse) doesn't exactly suck.... Anyway nice to see them get the win against the Germans regardless of the situation.

Replay of USMNT v Germany is on Fox Sports right now (as a lead up to Women's World Cup coverage.)

Different announcers- which is fine with me.

ADVERTISEMENT