ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Travel finally opening up!!!!

I wish I liked travel more than I do, or at the very least was not so lazy about it.

Parents just took off to Germany the other day.

Had a European river cruise and a trip to the game in Ireland canceled last year. Doing them both next year though. We did go to the Black Hills last July, and then Yellowstone, the grand Tetons and glacier National Park in August. Last month we went to Niagara Falls, and Acadia national Park in Maine. don’t believe everything you hear about the people in the Northeast being snotty or rude. They were all super friendly. I am headed to Iceland in August. Looking forward to that one.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I had actually planned to be in Prague during Christmas this year but ended up canceling. Leave for Athens Saturday then off to Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia
Nice! Have you been to Athens? Go to Brettos Bar. One of my all time favorites in Europe! Interested to hear about your time in Bosnia. We actually looked at going there or Albania for Christmas but Prague won because my parents had never been. Prague is one of my favorites though and it’ll be fun to go back.

Nice! Have you been to Athens? Go to Brettos Bar. One of my all time favorites in Europe! Interested to hear about your time in Bosnia. We actually looked at going there or Albania for Christmas but Prague won because my parents had never been. Prague is one of my favorites though and it’ll be fun to go back.
I spent 6 hours during a layover in 2017 so this will be much more extensive. 2 nights in Mykonos as well. Really looking forward to Dubrovnik too. Prague and Barcelona are my favorite cities. Cant say enough great things about Prague

Already been to Arches, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and Grand canyon. (Do not mention the name litespeedhuskerfan around those parts, almost got knifed by some guy talking about his 19 year old daughters honor).
Next year Japan, as long as they open up as expected.

I traveled for work for 36 years, on average every six weeks. Some trips were just a couple days, most were Monday-Friday, but some were 3 weeks or more. I spent 1561 days on work travel, or 43 days a year. In that time I boarded 863 different airplanes (yes, I really did keep a record of it). When I retired in 2018 I thought I would miss traveling, or at least get cabin fever being home all the time. Far from it, I haven't been on a plane in 2.5 years now and have no desire to. We took a weekend trip last month and stayed in a hotel, but I didn't enjoy it much. Maybe I will get the travel bug in the future for leisure travel, but have no plans right now. I'd like to walk up the Grand Gallery in the Great Pyramid someday.

Chances are I'll never fly again.

IF they continue to require vac AND now they're talking extra by weight.

Yes I can afford to lose some pounds which I could. But what's stupid is when they want to charge my 25 year old son who's 6'9 285 lbs extra yet want to charge more again for leg room...... F them

spent 3 1/2 weeks in egypt on a tour
2 1/2 weeks in israel on a biblical archeology tour
spent a week in rome
did 1 cruise from barcelona around to the bottom of italy
did 1 cruise from rome to greece to turkey

there really only 3 places across the pond I'd like to go now.
1. maybe a tour of the parts of greece and turkey I didn't see. delphi, st sophia....etc.
2. a reformation tour from edinburgh (knox), to london (tyndale), to wittenberg (luther), to geneva (calvin)
(and hit the british museum and louvre, then I will have seen the 4 top museums in the world, along with the izzue gallery and egyptian museum )
3. a cruise from like london to st.petersburg russia, and hit the countries like denmark, sweden and norway along the way

then when I'm real old an alaskan cruise (when I'm a real old geezer I'll keep it to the states)
and if I ever make too much money go to australia (there's a lot of fit australian chicks)

Last edited:
You can never go wrong with a trip up here to Alaska 😀
Oh man. Those cruises look miserable. I lived on Prince of Wales for awhile and we would see the cruise ships go by and just laugh. It's pretty country, but it rains every god damn day in SE Alaska. Would not be my idea of a good time. I'm not the biggest fan of Alaska though after living in some pretty shitty places in that state so I am probably jaded.

Trying to piece together a bit of a Band of Brothers trip next summer with France, Belgium and Germany then adding Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden just for fun
Sounds like a pretty cool trip. I'm trying to get to get my wife to do the Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia St. Petersburg trip next summer, but it's her choice and I think we are doing Singapore and Thailand.

Reactions: HBK4life
Sounds like a pretty cool trip. I'm trying to get to get my wife to do the Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia St. Petersburg trip next summer, but it's her choice and I think we are doing Singapore and Thailand.
We've done both. Totally different trips but both are definitely worth it. Norway is stunning. St Petersburg is also fantastic and has some of the worlds best museums and palaces. Singapore and has some beautiful areas as well. If you can- do both. If you can choose only one, Europe is hard to beat. However, if you've already been to Europe and not Southeast Asia, choose Singapore/Thailand. It just so different than anything we have here.

Had to cancel a trip to Costa Rica last year and later the replacement trip to Hawaii. Went instead to South Dakota, Utah, the Carolinas/Tennessee, Florida, and this year to Arizona and Utah. Hoping to do Costa Rica and a cruise next year and maybe a trip to Montana and Canada. The politics and expense of Hawaii has turned me off a bit so I think we'll hold off on that one a while and visit new places.

We've done both. Totally different trips but both are definitely worth it. Norway is stunning. St Petersburg is also fantastic and has some of the worlds best museums and palaces. Singapore and has some beautiful areas as well. If you can- do both. If you can choose only one, Europe is hard to beat. However, if you've already been to Europe and not Southeast Asia, choose Singapore/Thailand. It just so different than anything we have here.
We've done pretty much everything in Europe outside of Eastern Europe and so we are starting to explore Asia a little more and South America. Our travel for the next few years is a lot of kid friendly places with great zoos as I have small kids. We watch YouTube videos all of the time of Singapore's zoo and can't wait to go as it looks amazing as well as the country looks awesome as well. My wife has been to Thailand multiple times and says our kids will love it, so we can't wait to get them there as well. I'm just glad things have opened up and we can travel again. Fun to talk about and get insight on places we want to go.

Went to the Bahamas in April. Just had to get a PCR test within 5 days of leaving and then an antigen test while there within 48hrs of departure. All was pretty normal except for masks while flying.

Part of my long 2019 trip included 4 days in Helsinki (2 more than one needs) a day trip to Tallinn and then trained from Helsinki to St Petersburg. If you have never been to Russia its worth it but the visa process is a pain and not cheap.

I took several trips from DEN -> Long Beach Airport during the pandemic....was amazed, barely 30 people on the flight most times, guessing those days are over....but it sure was nice to have that space when I did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT