ADVERTISEMENT

OT TOOL

I had not played for 30 years until the wife let me buy some drums a year ago, hence “reborn.” I’d say some would call me a hack as well!
That is a wonderful story! My wife recently let me buy a Washburn 12-string. Guitar hack, also. To the wives!!

Reactions: Lars72
I've seen Tool a number of times...the last time in Lincoln a couple years back. Front row center! Got a drumstick from Danny Carey. Adam Jones even came into my store earlier in the day, but I was not there.
Dr John's?

I had Forty-Six-And-Two on an old workout mix CD and that portion of the workout always went well. By sheer dumb luck, the ending of that song flows perfectly into the start of this song (lyrics NSFW) and I happened to have them back to back:

As a lifelong fan of Rush and Pink Floyd, my ears have recently been opened to TOOL. Of course, I have heard a couple songs over the years (e.g. Sober, Stinkfist, Schism), but I had no idea the band was this deeply talented. I think I now can name three bands that meet my lofty standards. Pneuma and Eulogy are on constant loop. It's a whole new world.

If you like Tool, you'll probably like this band. They mix elements of Tool and Jethro Tull (use of flute) into their own sound. Pretty noticeable on their third release (the vids I'm posting are from that album):

As a lifelong fan of Rush and Pink Floyd, my ears have recently been opened to TOOL. Of course, I have heard a couple songs over the years (e.g. Sober, Stinkfist, Schism), but I had no idea the band was this deeply talented. I think I now can name three bands that meet my lofty standards. Pneuma and Eulogy are on constant loop. It's a whole new world.
Also, if you like Pink Floyd, you may like Porcupine Tree (if you don't know the band already). It brings the trippy/psych vibe of Pink Floyd without sounding like a clone:

Who pulls more wool - drummers, singers or quarterbacks? I'd probably say singers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT