ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Texas T- Bone

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
We ate at this newly opened steak house just north of 70th & O st. If you remember the old Boar's Head restaurant from the 70's this is were it's located. The menu look's very filling with meat and more meat. If you go home hungry then you just didn't do it right! The portions are huge! First you are brought fresh baked rolls with a butter swirl... delicious! The house saled i decided on was served in a medium sized metal mixing bowl. Hahaha!!! The salad was top notch with all the extras. Wow! And for the main course i threw caution to the wind and ordered the 28 oz Porterhouse cooked medium rare. I added mashed potatoes loaded like the baked version. The meat was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Lincoln just added a top notch steak house to it's menu!

Last edited:
Lone Star was the equivalent of Old Country Buffet or Whiskey River. Not good. This place is on par with the region's top steakhouse.

Is it better than the Lone Star steakhouse that it use to be?
Yes. Bennett puts out great food. He believes in customer service. I've known him for a long time. Plus he is a huge supporter of the military as his son has served.
He serves up great stuff.

Reactions: red rover 70
Always has been my go to place to eat in Grand Island. Excellent food and service. Have no doubt the one in Lincoln will be the same.

Yes. Bennett puts out great food. He believes in customer service. I've known him for a long time. Plus he is a huge supporter of the military as his son has served.
He serves up great stuff.

Reactions: N-sane and sparky62
tx is not a good advertisement for steak.

Last edited:
Texas Tbone is one of my favorite places to eat in GI. The big build your own salads are awesome and the menu is fantastic. Steaks are always good and good side fixins. Bennett does it right. I would suggest trying it out.

We ate at this newly opened steak house just north of 70th & O st. If you remember the old Boar's Head restaurant from the 70's this is were it's located. The menu look's very filling with meat and more meat. If you go home hungry then you just didn't do it right! The portions are huge! First you are brought fresh baked rolls with a butter swirl... delicious! The house saled i decided on was served in a medium sized metal mixing bowl. Hahaha!!! The salad was top notch with all the extras. Wow! And for the main course i threw caution to the wind and ordered the 28 oz Porterhouse cooked medium rare. I added mashed potatoes loaded like the baked version. The meat was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Lincoln just added a top notch steak house to it's menu!

Sounds like my kind of place Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: red rover 70
Least favorite place to eat in GI, each time we've been there someone in our eating party got sick. Meat always tastes like lighter fluid, to each there own but I'll pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT