ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Swedish 42 year study of male Cannabis users.

I heard that legalizing Marijuana passed on every single ballot it was on this past election...don't know if it's true, but not surprised if it is. I think it's a net loss personally, but that cat is out of the bag at this point. When South Dakota passes it, ya just know it's a matter of time... and a LOT of Nebraskans are gonna be road trippin north in record numbers now.
From what I've heard, South Dakota is going to put some pretty strict limits on how things are done so I'm not sure a drive to the north is going to be worth anybody's time. I was shocked that even medical let alone recreational passed in South Dakota. They do have a highly Libertarian streak to them though which isn't contrary to their support of Trump. Supporters of recreational pot spent 5 times as much as the opposition on the measure.

From what I've heard, South Dakota is going to put some pretty strict limits on how things are done so I'm not sure a drive to the north is going to be worth anybody's time. I was shocked that even medical let alone recreational passed in South Dakota. They do have a highly Libertarian streak to them though which isn't contrary to their support of Trump. Supporters of recreational pot spent 5 times as much as the opposition on the measure.

Bottom line....bout 1.5 to 2hrs north you can go buy pot like it"s liquor.... Huskers are going.

Personally I use alcohol probably once a week when together with friends and then it's no more than 2 drinks. IF a pot smoker wants to use pot once or twice a week it's probably not a big deal. When they start using every day, it's an addiction.
I would be curious to know out of regular pot smokers, how many 'wake and bake' first thing in the morning.

Mexico looks to be legalizing cannabis.

Prohibition is a 100 year aberration and failure.

depends on the person, some can drink alcohol and function, some turn into a (substanded) idiot on alcohol.
same thing with weed.

depends on the person, some can drink alcohol and function, some turn into a (substanded) idiot on alcohol.
same thing with weed.
the odds aren't in the alcoholic's favor.
You have to be pretty talented to juggle an addiction to a hardcore drug like alcohol.

Constantly on the cusp of withdrawal, possibly leading to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbones
Just not into the marijuana hype. People trying to call it cannabis to change the name. It's still marijuana and something to stay away from. There may be medical needs and there are definitely industrial uses of hemp. But I don't favor legalizing marijuana

Not a pot smoker but I don't understand people forcing their personal choices on others.

There are a lot of things thar people do despite knowing it is not good for them - smoking, drinking, eating too many cheeseburgers, etc. Yet we allow people the freedom of choice.

If you favor laws restricting choice don't be upset if the next one restricts something you like.

Just not into the marijuana hype. People trying to call it cannabis to change the name. It's still marijuana and something to stay away from. There may be medical needs and there are definitely industrial uses of hemp. But I don't favor legalizing marijuana
It was called cannabis until the racist term "Marihuana/Marijuana" was popularized to smear the Mexicans.
reefermadness-10.jpg

I think in some ways it depends on the person. I've smoked it before, it always gave me anxiety/paranoia.. it didn't chill me out and because of that, I never really got into it.

I do think the huge amount of sugar in our diet is like a drug though, and is a big cause for obesity & diabetes in our society. I compare the diabetes rates for the US vs Indonesia (roughly the same size population) and it's triple that in the US.

Maybe we got too much of both.. potheads with the munchies

Yes, it does make a guy wonder. Even in my rural South Dakota you can go to any Walmart store and see endless HUGE folks driving around with battery powered carts.

Anyways, that's why I quit smoking pot a long, long time ago as I wanted "anything" to eat and then didn't even care about women or watching CFB. Just wanted pizza & ice cream. Haha.....to each their own though. :)

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Yes, it does make a guy wonder. Even in my rural South Dakota you can go to any Walmart store and see endless HUGE folks driving around with battery powered carts.

Anyways, that's why I quit smoking pot a long, long time ago as I wanted "anything" to eat and then didn't even care about women or watching CFB. Just wanted pizza & ice cream. Haha.....to each their own though. :)
I don't think ones are obese long term because of the munchies. After you get to a certain size, being high reveals the magnitude that is your big fat ass. That then prompts change as your high mind notices what day to day life smooths over.

Most people who are fat at my work tend to be middle age women who have been doing a sedentary repetitive job and food is their one joy.

When's the last time a party didn't have mountains of food?

I don't think ones are obese long term because of the munchies. After you get to a certain size, being high reveals the magnitude that is your big fat ass. That then prompts change as your high mind notices what day to day life smooths over.

Most people who are fat at my work tend to be middle age women who have been doing a sedentary repetitive job and food is their one joy.

When's the last time a party didn't have mountains of food?

Yes, you could very well be correct sir. I only know for "me" reefer & endless munchies were unstoppable. But everyone is different & I don't know why there is so many huge people these days. I just don't know.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yes, you could very well be correct sir. I only know for "me" reefer & endless munchies were unstoppable. But everyone is different & I don't know why there is so many huge people these days. I just don't know.
Exercise as a requirement of life has been forgotten.
Exercise does a lot of good but many people have been away from that for decades. It is now totally foreign and unpleasant.
Exercise triggers many many important genes and epigenetic processes.
Exercise reveals just how fat and complacent one has become.
Exercise+cannabis reveals this even more so. The body awareness is heightened.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Exercise does a lot of good but many people have been away from that for decades. It is now totally foreign and unpleasant.
Exercise+Weed reveals this even more so. The body awareness is heightened.

Oh yeah, exercise is most desperately needed in the USA (to say the least).

Reactions: WHCSC
Exercise+cannabis reveals this even more so. The body awareness is heightened.
I'm not sure where you get the notion that your awareness is heightened on cannabis. That would be completely contradictory to every single scientific and empirical finding on cannabis use.

Reactions: WHCSC and bshirt73
I'm not sure where you get the notion that your awareness is heightened on cannabis. That would be completely contradictory to every single scientific and empirical finding on cannabis use.
cannabis is supposedly a weak hallucinogenic.
Your senses are heightened, depending on the strain I'm sure.
Get high and workout and test it out. Your awareness of the tension on the musculoskeletal system and posture becomes more obvious. Or jump on a trampoline and really feel the mechanics of your body.

Reactions: birdforbogey
ever tried cannabis?
I can see your problem. You associate Cannabis with Cheech and Chong. Old, backwards thinking
Every person I was every around who was using pot was pretty much just like Cheech and Chong when they were high. Motivated and awareness heightened? Not exactly. Mostly giggling fools.

Every person I was every around who was using pot was pretty much just like Cheech and Chong when they were high. Motivated and awareness heightened? Not exactly. Mostly giggling fools.
Stereotypes aren't always correct.
You talking about middle school?
You have an old world view of it and that's not your fault.

Stereotypes aren't always correct.
You talking about middle school?
The people I know who were pot users in high school and college were all low achieving people with personal problems. None of that was helped by their pot usage. But you go ahead.

The people I know who were pot users in high school and college were all low achieving people with personal problems. None of that was helped by their pot usage. But you go ahead.
Chicken or the egg I guess.
People turns to drugs for a variety of reasons. Correlation =/= causation.

I will look forward to when the law is changed, as prohibitionists fade away.

Chicken or the egg I guess.
People turns to drugs for a variety of reasons. Correlation =/= causation.

I will look forward to when the law is changed, as prohibitionists fade away.
As I've said, I'm somewhat of a Libertarian. As long as you aren't peddling it to my grandkids going forward you do what you do. If that's what it takes to get through the day you go ahead.

As I've said, I'm somewhat of a Libertarian. As long as you aren't peddling it to my grandkids going forward you do what you do. If that's what it takes to get through the day you go ahead.
have you ever tried cannabis?
what if ones use it to sleep each night?

So you have no reference.
My reference is that I've taken graduate level Pharmacology courses. I don't need pot. I don't want pot. Why would I try an illegal substance that I don't want to try and risk losing my licenses? Only a delusional pot head would do that.

My reference is that I've taken graduate level Pharmacology courses. I don't need pot. I don't want pot. Why would I try an illegal substance that I don't want to try and risk losing my licenses? Only a delusional pot head would do that.
I didn't ask if you did so currently.
I asked if you have ever tried it.
Pharmacology won't give you much insight compared to experience.
Were you raped by a pothead or something?

Cannabis could help with that ego you've developed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT