ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Swedish 42 year study of male Cannabis users.

Nicotine by itself, is as safe as caffeine. It makes you smarter, but it is addictive. Just like caffeine. Cigarettes are bad from the smoke, combustion, and particulate matter.
You're a little off on the nicotine, just a little.

"Nicotine is a dangerous and highly addictive chemical. It can cause an increase in blood pressure, heart rate, flow of blood to the heart and a narrowing of the arteries (vessels that carry blood). Nicotine may also contribute to the hardening of the arterial walls, which in turn, may lead to a heart attack." Johns Hopkins

Reactions: dinglefritz
Oh it's not.. I never said it was the outlier, those are your words, not mine. See how easily people twist things, even if they didn't mean to do it?

I don't really care about pot, it was just a generalization I made about it making people unproductive, which is true. I didn't demonize it and have said before on this board that alcohol is way worse and causes much bigger problems in society than weed.
I understand. Didn't mean to misrepresent you.
I just wanted to answer the potential super skeptic who may argue along those grounds.

You're a little off on the nicotine, just a little.

"Nicotine is a dangerous and highly addictive chemical. It can cause an increase in blood pressure, heart rate, flow of blood to the heart and a narrowing of the arteries (vessels that carry blood). Nicotine may also contribute to the hardening of the arterial walls, which in turn, may lead to a heart attack." Johns Hopkins

Notice the word "may". Look at all the studies from Sweden regarding Snus. The John Hopkins study was only looking at nicotine via cigarettes. Nicotine via SNUS is very safe.

Notice the word "may". Look at all the studies from Sweden regarding Snus. The John Hopkins study was only looking at nicotine via cigarettes. Nicotine via SNUS is very safe.
In Sweden, the makers of snus have asked the FDA for permission to say on the product label that snus is safer than cigarettes. Currently, the warning on Swedish snus cans says, “This tobacco product damages your health and is addictive.”

i literally just got back home after dealing with a dispensary issue at one of our retail centers.
if recreational use would make these sh1tshows go away - id be down with that.
i just saw the score, too.
so, maybe timing wasnt bad...

Never smoked it, never will, just wasn't interested enough.
Same here. I’m happy to say my life dies bot suck, so there is no need to medicate myself from reality.*

*being a Husker fan the last 20 years has tempted me a few times;-).

found that men in Sweden who reported heavy (more than 50 times in lifetime) cannabis use were 2.5 times more likely to develop testicular cancer. The definition of heavy is theirs not mine. It's a headline story but I found the original study online and it's legit science and a well run study. Cigarette smoking had no effect on frequency of testicular cancer which I found interesting. Discuss.
link to study?

Just not into the marijuana hype. People trying to call it cannabis to change the name. It's still marijuana and something to stay away from. There may be medical needs and there are definitely industrial uses of hemp. But I don't favor legalizing marijuana
I just think if it’s ok to let a company sell cigarettes with ammonia, arsenic, butane, as well as other chemicals in with tobacco and then justifying it by taxing the shit out of it then we can and should sell a plant and justify it with taxes

Reactions: Swiv3D
The war on drugs is an utter failure and against human rights.

The 19th and 20th centuries were some of the most pompous, arrogant times to ever exist.

All started with the enlightenment period.

Last edited:
Reactions: CameronKrazie86
found that men in Sweden who reported heavy (more than 50 times in lifetime) cannabis use were 2.5 times more likely to develop testicular cancer. The definition of heavy is theirs not mine. It's a headline story but I found the original study online and it's legit science and a well run study. Cigarette smoking had no effect on frequency of testicular cancer which I found interesting. Discuss.
Curious if the nad cancer study differentiates between “smoking” Mj or ingesting edibles? In other words is the thc theorized to increase cancer rate or is the act of smoking the culprit?

Curious if the nad cancer study differentiates between “smoking” Mj or ingesting edibles? In other words is the thc theorized to increase cancer rate or is the act of smoking the culprit?
cannabinoids are said to be anti-carcinogenic

epidemiology studies (Swedish study) are one of the lowest forms of scientific studies
a retrospective study can be a good method of studying the effects of exposure to various things. It doesn't matter if it took place in Sweden. It's merely a look back at case experience. Over the years with the proliferation of cannabis use I have no doubt that we will find some undesirable effects from long term use. It might be an increase in certain forms of cancers. I won't be surprised if we find an increase in birth defects in children where either parent were users. Time will tell.

A friend's son who was a pot smoker developed a very rare form of pulmonary cancer in his early 30s. Was it the pot or something sprayed on the pot to deter insects. A pot company in Colorado was disciplined for spraying insecticides on their inventory to prevent bugs from destroying it. A buddy who smoked pot in high school said that his supplier sprayed Raid on his inventory to control bugs. Said it also gave a better buzz....:confused:

A friend's son who was a pot smoker developed a very rare form of pulmonary cancer in his early 30s. Was it the pot or something sprayed on the pot to deter insects. A pot company in Colorado was disciplined for spraying insecticides on their inventory to prevent bugs from destroying it. A buddy who smoked pot in high school said that his supplier sprayed Raid on his inventory to control bugs. Said it also gave a better buzz....:confused:
Even more reason to regulate it
I think mine comes from Colorado.

Regulate all drugs and treat them as they are.

Last edited:
Even more reason to regulate it
I think mine comes from Colorado.

Regulate all drugs and treat them as they are.
As I said, a Colorado dispensary was caught using forbidden insecticides on their product. I wonder if you got and of their goods.....

Cannabis is very introspective and motivates me that extra bit and makes it very enjoyable and productive.

Great for sleep too. Kratom helps sleep as well

Last edited:
Motivates you to what, eat the other half of the bag of freetos?
There are a bunch of different strands that do very different things. One variant of the plant gives you munchies and makes you drowsy (perfect for someone who is having problems sleeping or a medication side effect is causing loss of appetite). a different one can give you euphoria and energy(great for ppl who suffer from depression). I always smoke a bowl before deep cleaning my house. Dispensaries are great because they have multiple strains that have different effects and different thc levels. This is far from your grandpas devils lettuce

Motivates you to what, eat the other half of the bag of freetos?
motivates me to work out, spend time with the family, learn about life.

No one in life is completely sober. Everyone uses drugs. Many are beneficial

motivates me to work out, spend time with the family, learn about life.

No one in life is completely sober. Everyone uses drugs. Many are beneficial

One of the places where I smell marijuana the most is in gym parking lots. People love to work out under the effect of marijuana. Scott Frost's Oregon teams were playing for the title with 90% of the team smoking marijuana. Some people just cannot accept that their grandparents or parents were wrong about something.

Reactions: RedMyMind
One of the places where I smell marijuana the most is in gym parking lots. People love to work out under the effect of marijuana. Scott Frost's Oregon teams were playing for the title with 90% of the team smoking marijuana. Some people just cannot accept that their grandparents or parents were wrong about something.
The temperance movement and racism paved the way for marijuana prohibition. We still haven't learned the lesson that resulted from alcohol prohibition. We are doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Nixon and Reagan continued to brainwash the Baby Boomers.

It still lingers with Jeff Sessions: "Good people don't smoke marijuana."

Personally I use alcohol probably once a week when together with friends and then it's no more than 2 drinks. IF a pot smoker wants to use pot once or twice a week it's probably not a big deal. When they start using every day, it's an addiction.

Smoke before you workout? When I smoke I just eat a bag of Doritos and watch cartoons. 😆

Personally I use alcohol probably once a week when together with friends and then it's no more than 2 drinks. IF a pot smoker wants to use pot once or twice a week it's probably not a big deal. When they start using every day, it's an addiction.
is caffeine use every day ok?
sleep meds?
pain meds?
McDonalds?
Candy?

Social media is much more dangerous than Marijuana

How can I put any stock in the opinions of admitted pot smokers in this thread?

I know many who would smoke on their lunch break at work. Never understood that. I just do it when I can relax and nap at home.

is caffeine use every day ok?
sleep meds?
pain meds?
McDonalds?
Candy?

Social media is much more dangerous than Marijuana
If you like being in a THC fog every day you go for it Cheech. Just what we need. More unmotivated medicated people in our country.

Reactions: WHCSC
I know many who would smoke on their lunch break at work. Never understood that. I just do it when I can relax and nap at home.
when I stocked shelves in my youth, I would get high at lunch and come back and was very productive. Like playing a game of Tetris.

If you like being in a THC fog every day you go for it Cheech. Just what we need. More unmotivated medicated people in our country.
There is no fog if you do it at home before bed or small doses. Don't drink alcohol, don't want ones with the shakes endangering us all.

Weed doesn't make ones unmotivated. Society does.

Sure it wasn't laced with coke? Lol. I'm super unmotivated when I smoke.
I think it was a Sativa strain.

Weed makes ones "unmotivated" in the sense that it snaps you out of the rat race culture that we are all thrust into. We realize how crazy life really is and how most things aren't necessary for happiness.

I heard that legalizing Marijuana passed on every single ballot it was on this past election...don't know if it's true, but not surprised if it is. I think it's a net loss personally, but that cat is out of the bag at this point. When South Dakota passes it, ya just know it's a matter of time... and a LOT of Nebraskans are gonna be road trippin north in record numbers now.

I heard that legalizing Marijuana passed on every single ballot it was on this past election...don't know if it's true, but not surprised if it is. I think it's a net loss personally, but that cat is out of the bag at this point. When South Dakota passes it, ya just know it's a matter of time... and a LOT of Nebraskans are gonna be road trippin north in record numbers now.
would have probably passed in Missouri if the Covid didn't prevent the signature gatherings.
Looking forward to next year. Missouri will cause Kansas and Nebraska to feel some hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT