ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Swedish 42 year study of male Cannabis users.

giphy.gif
You could Probably stay out of it if you're uninterested

Anecdotal evidence is not really evidence at all. I've known plenty of losers who toke up, and I know some extremely successful people who do, too. Probably more on the loser side, but guess what? Not that many people make it past non-loser-dom in life, so I believe the ratio is not very instructive.

It has its downsides, particularly on younger, developing brains. I know that when I get pretty regular with it, my short-term memory goes to doo doo, and that is a known side-effect. It also comes back gradually a few days after you start abstaining. So other than the lung damage, and THC's suspected ability to set off an already mentally unstable person, and its negative effects on developing brains, it's relatively ok.

Everything I just described above, by the way, is that way or FAR worse with alcohol. And yet you loser conservative redneck idiots had no problem allowing a town to exist in this state that was quite literally made up of four liquor stores that did nothing but sell booze to an Indian reservation right across the state border, ruining the lives of those people for generations, and profiting off of it. This is what you call selective outrage, and it means you are being manipulated by people above you in life who are profiting off of your votes against your own self-interest.

Reactions: BigRedRising
Watching young people swirl the drain and drug their futures away is depressing. But continue burying your head in the sand if you like.

I actually agree with you here, and I am not attempting to excuse all of it, but we do that in part because of the world older people have left us with. Polluted, loaded with debt, with fewer economic opportunities and a lower quality of life than has been had since WW2. Not to mention the insane, idiotic, tiresome, dangerous <insert more adjectives> fool in the White House that causes a ton of anxiety daily.

I actually agree with you here, and I am not attempting to excuse all of it, but we do that in part because of the world older people have left us with. Polluted, loaded with debt, with fewer economic opportunities and a lower quality of life than has been had since WW2. Not to mention the insane, idiotic, tiresome, dangerous <insert more adjectives> fool in the White House that causes a ton of anxiety daily.
I'm sorry, but every generation has its challenges. Not being a victim of those challenges requires a clear mind and a strong work ethic...two characteristics that are not supported by smoking dope.

Some of the allure of the potential medical benefits are to not have to take the pharmaceutical route. It doesnt take being in the medical field to know they still create new medicine. If you suffer chronic pain that can be alleviated with weed, it's far less damaging than chronic opiate use
Yep! Opiates are killing 80,000 people a year in the US and people want to preach about marijuana. I suffer chronic pain and it has saved my life.

Anecdotal evidence is not really evidence at all. I've known plenty of losers who toke up, and I know some extremely successful people who do, too. Probably more on the loser side, but guess what? Not that many people make it past non-loser-dom in life, so I believe the ratio is not very instructive.

It has its downsides, particularly on younger, developing brains. I know that when I get pretty regular with it, my short-term memory goes to doo doo, and that is a known side-effect. It also comes back gradually a few days after you start abstaining. So other than the lung damage, and THC's suspected ability to set off an already mentally unstable person, and its negative effects on developing brains, it's relatively ok.

Everything I just described above, by the way, is that way or FAR worse with alcohol. And yet you loser conservative redneck idiots had no problem allowing a town to exist in this state that was quite literally made up of four liquor stores that did nothing but sell booze to an Indian reservation right across the state border, ruining the lives of those people for generations, and profiting off of it. This is what you call selective outrage, and it means you are being manipulated by people above you in life who are profiting off of your votes against your own self-interest.
I’m a “conservative red neck” libertarian who has been pro marijuana for decades.

I'm still watching and waiting for people to post more personal information - I suggest SSN's and mother's maiden name.

ok, I’ve got nothing to hide. S/S# 078-90-1120, moms maiden, Whitcher. Don’t scam me bro!
I’ve been smokin’ weed 35 years plus, ain’t nothin’ wrong with me or my way of thinkin’.

why do you want my info?

Google ‘Cannabis-enduced Schizophrenia’.

Close family tried to self-medicate for incredible pain nothing else touched. Ten years in and a brilliant young mind is toast.

This is what I was referring to when I said that if someone is already susceptible to schizophrenia, cannabis use can (does not always, but can) induce an episode. However, their mind is not "toast," they are just now an active schizophrenic, which they might have become from being too drunk or dropping acid also.

Reactions: HuskerinSFSD
Google ‘Cannabis-enduced Schizophrenia’.

Close family tried to self-medicate for incredible pain nothing else touched. Ten years in and a brilliant young mind is toast.
maybe the pain drove him mad.

Check out caffeine induced psychosis. Even caffeine withdrawal is recognized as a mental disorder.

Last edited:
This just in. WILLIE NELSON quits pot. Willie has chronic obstructive pulmonary disease caused by years of smoking pot. Think emphysema. Pot is not completely harmless.
His copd wasnt just from him smoking pot. You Clearly have an anti-pot agenda pal.Lots of firsthand and secondhand cigarette smoke in Willie's life to go along with his pot smoking. You can have copd and have never smoked. Obviously his pot smoking didnt help. And the debate here wasn't about smoking cannabis, but having it legally accessible. Willie is still eating it. If you smoke anything regularly for 70 years, you will get copd.

His copd wasnt just from him smoking pot. You Clearly have an anti-pot agenda pal.Lots of firsthand and secondhand cigarette smoke in Willie's life to go along with his pot smoking. You can have copd and have never smoked. Obviously his pot smoking didnt help. And the debate here wasn't about smoking cannabis, but having it legally accessible. Willie is still eating it. If you smoke anything regularly for 70 years, you will get copd.
So what else is Willie's COPD from? You can have COPD if you have chronic asthma or exposure to a variety of different environmental factors. According to Willie "abused my lungs for years". Inhaling the smoke from a member of the ragweed family surely doesn't cause chronic airway irritation/inflammation.:rolleyes: I'm not advocating one way or another as to the legalization. My point is that one should be aware there are potentially serious health consequences of smoking weed. I'm no more anti-weed than I am anti-tobacco.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So what else is Willie's COPD from? You can have COPD if you have chronic asthma or exposure to a variety of different environmental factors. According to Willie "abused my lungs for years". Inhaling the smoke from a member of the ragweed family surely doesn't cause chronic airway irritation/inflammation.:rolleyes: I'm not advocating one way or another as to the legalization. My point is that one should be aware there are potentially serious health consequences of smoking weed. I'm no more anti-weed than I am anti-tobacco.
You said his copd was caused by his pot use. He smoked cigarettes for some time and was constantly around lots of cigarette smoke. All factors. You're just overzealous. Like I said, smoke anything for 70+years and you're gonna have some lung issues.

You said his copd was caused by his pot use. He smoked cigarettes for some time and was constantly around lots of cigarette smoke. All factors. You're just overzealous. Like I said, smoke anything for 70+years and you're gonna have some lung issues.
I think you agree then that smoking dope (or other substances) is bad for you.

No shit. My stance is that it should be legal. I see it the same as alcohol. Peoples reasons for wanting it to stay illegal are crap. If you eat edibles, I don't know how it negatively effects your health. Not saying it doesnt, I just don't know. I dont think it's some destructive hard substance. It has health risks associated with the ingestion method but nothing crazy.

One only needs to go to Medscape and they will find the medical benefits of cannabis. It may have some downside, but 33 states didn't legalize medical MJ by pulling anecdotal evidence out of their asses.

Let the idiots bitch all they want. Eventually even Nebraska will have to admit to its benefits and allow people to use it medically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT