ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Suzuki Equator

chrsmneric

Walk On
May 30, 2017
Any members have mechanical or owner experience with the Suzuki Equator? Looking to purchase a 2010 RMZ-4, I am aware that it's a clone of the Nissan Frontier Pro4x but looking to see what others know about it? Thanks for the insight!

Any members have mechanical or owner experience with the Suzuki Equator? Looking to purchase a 2010 RMZ-4, I am aware that it's a clone of the Nissan Frontier Pro4x but looking to see what others know about it? Thanks for the insight!

I don't know about these, but my family has blown 4 nissan engines over the years and won't chance any more.

Reactions: chrsmneric
I know a couple people at work that have the Nissan frontiers (2012 & 2013) with no problems but low mileage. It shares the same platform as the Nissan Xterra & Pathfinder for that year. I would have a 3rd party inspect the vehicle or your mechanic (someone with no dog in the fight) for issues. I've been burned 2X, even with Carfax one time on used vehicles. Hopefully I learned my lesson.

There are/were 3 recalls for 2010 Suzuki Equator that year,
Vehicles Equipped with Garmin Nuvi Navi Systems Due to Overheating
Front Suspension Control Link Weld May Fracture &
Steering Column and Air Bag Fasteners May Be Loose
Check the NHTSA link to double check the VIN#
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

This one is for potential damage/maintenance records it's free & Google the Vin#, see if a salvage title is out there.
https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.ph
Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: chrsmneric
Redondo, I'd be curious to know if any of your families' Nissan's were 2005-2010. There's an issue with the Radiators in those years that the coolant leaks into the tranny fluid... typically this causes transmission failure but it is the main reason I've held back on the truck. I was able to identify the radiator in this truck isn't problematic, clean carfax and an older gentleman in his 60s was single owner. It's a great pickup just cold feet due to it's lackluster mpg and stiff ride!

Redondo, I'd be curious to know if any of your families' Nissan's were 2005-2010. There's an issue with the Radiators in those years that the coolant leaks into the tranny fluid... typically this causes transmission failure but it is the main reason I've held back on the truck. I was able to identify the radiator in this truck isn't problematic, clean carfax and an older gentleman in his 60s was single owner. It's a great pickup just cold feet due to it's lackluster mpg and stiff ride!

They were all older

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT