ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sprint coverage in & near Omaha

WHCSC

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 4, 2002
Anyone have Sprint? Opinions/experiences with their coverage in and around Omaha and along I-80 & I-29? TIA

million times better than it used to be.

if you download an app called sensorly you can see the actual coverage strength crowd sourced from people's phones. if someone hasn't mapped the area it will show blank, but generally there is plenty of coverage.

AT&T coverage is soooooo much better

They might have great service, but I don't know anyone with ATT. Omaha has historically been a very heavy Verizon market. When they took over Alltel it made most of Nebraska a Verizon market - like 75-85% - it might be less now. All of this leads to less congested airwaves for Sprint and ATT.

Sprint is pushing the 2500 mhz service in which they have loads of spectrum, while I believe ATT and VZ have to rely on 3400-3900 mhz spectrum to increase their bandwidth. The lower the number the farther the signal goes and penetrates.

I have sprint if you go anywhere in the state other than Omaha and Lincoln don't get it. I get on extended data and use that up after an hour and are blocked the rest of the month

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT