OT:Sparky's Wing Sauce is now a world champion.

sparky62

Administrator
Dec 5, 2002
I normally don't do things like this as I don't recall ever starting a thread about Sparkys. But I'm gonna do this. Sparkys just got first place at the World Hot Sauce festival in Louisiana in the Wing Sauce Mild/Medium division.
I'm stoked.
Thanks to everyone on here who has supported my wife & I in our adventure. :)

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
I normally don't do things like this as I don't recall ever starting a thread about Sparkys. But I'm gonna do this. Sparkys just got first place at the World Hot Sauce festival in Louisiana in the Wing Sauce Mild/Medium division.
I'm stoked.
Congrats Sparky! Have you tried Shark Tank? Even if you don't get a deal (or want a deal) it seems like pretty good marketing.

sparky62

Administrator
Dec 5, 2002
Congrats Sparky! Have you tried Shark Tank? Even if you don't get a deal (or want a deal) it seems like pretty good marketing.
Tried it 3 times and the last time we made it to round 3. Round 4 is when you get on TV. So close.

huskerfan66

Head Coach
Dec 8, 2004
I'm stoked.
Woo hoo! Absolutely fabulous. And to think that it kinda all started here and husker tailgates.

Reactions: sparky62

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
Congrats Sparky! Continued success to you and yours in this adventure!!! And toot your horn whenever you can on here.....we all love to hear it.

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Aug 27, 2006
I'm stoked.

That's awesome to hear my man, love to see people succeed like this. That had to be a pretty stacked field down there, and I imagine you beat out some awesome home grown folks. Congrats.

Husker1CO

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 23, 2002
I have got to remember to pick some this stuff on one of my trips back.

Congrats Sparky, that is awesome.

May 29, 2001
I'm stoked.
That is awesome Sparky, continue to use it on many, many things I cook. Every rib I send out has a mention of Sparky's.

Archie Graham

Offensive Coordinator
Apr 12, 2007
Congratulations, Spark! That is one heck of an accomplishment. Enjoy the moment and then get your ass back to work on the FIRE because I'm out! :)

sparky62

Administrator
Dec 5, 2002
Congratulations, Spark! That is one heck of an accomplishment. Enjoy the moment and then get your ass back to work on the FIRE because I'm out! :)
It's getting closer Arch. Hopefully in 6 weeks I'll have some in my little warehouse.

bigboxes

College Football Hall of Fame
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Sounds awesome! I've allowed others to have a little taste and the people have loved it. Another hit!

P.S. How did your wine come out?
What I do is add a little habanero sauce to any salsa/wing sauce if I want it to be hotter. It doesn't take much to increase the heat.

This is what I use:

sparky62

Administrator
Dec 5, 2002
Sounds awesome! I've allowed others to have a little taste and the people have loved it. Another hit!

P.S. How did your wine come out?
I bottled it too early and the first few bottles turned to vinegar BUT. I've let it sit for another 2 months & it's 100x better.

suhnami

First Team All-Big Ten
Nov 25, 2009
What I do is add a little habanero sauce to any salsa/wing sauce if I want it to be hotter. It doesn't take much to increase the heat.

This is what I use:

I have never found a green sauce I liked. And I like stuff spicy.

bigboxes

College Football Hall of Fame
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I have never found a green sauce I liked. And I like stuff spicy.
I'm liking green sauce (salsa verde) more as I age. I found a mom & pop mexican restaurant in south central San Antonio when I was down on business and that's all they had - homemade salsa verde. It was yummy.

Back on topic, I don't add very much of the habanero sauce. At least not enough to change the color or taste of the sauce. Just enough to add the kick that I like. I usually get medium salsa. However, my wife is not big on the heat so just adding a dime-sized portion of the habanero sauce usually does the trick when I'm in the mood for some heat and the wife is not. And FYI, they make a red version as well. The green is the hotter of the two.