ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Southeast Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Anyone in the SE part of the US having trouble with gas? All of the stations are chalked full today and already running out here in North Carolina. People just can't help but be greedy. Saw a gal filling 12 5 gallon tanks as well as her pickup.

Reactions: kakdawg
I assume this is because of the pipeline hacking issue? We sure are getting a lot of lessons lately about how delicate the supply and demand cycle really is.
Yeah. I was listening to a guy on local news this morning and he said we'd be fine if people just went about their normal lives, but instead, greed has taken over like the toilet paper fiasco and people are freaking out and making the problem worse.

I 100% agree though that we are on the verge of a catastrophic event. If for some reason somebody wipes out the power grid somewhere this country and is going full mad max.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Anyone in the SE part of the US having trouble with gas? All of the stations are chalked full today and already running out here in North Carolina. People just can't help but be greedy. Saw a gal filling 12 5 gallon tanks as well as her pickup.
Don't worry. We will have plenty of useless charging stations under the green new deal. You can fill up your tank with those. Or just wait until gas is 4 or 5 bucks a gallon again. Last time gas was over 3.00 was 2013. Hmmm. Who was VP then? Right. The senile moronic puppet in the WH now.

Don't worry. We will have plenty of useless charging stations under the green new deal. You can fill up your tank with those. Or just wait until gas is 4 or 5 bucks a gallon again. Last time gas was over 3.00 was 2013. Hmmm. Who was VP then? Right. The senile moronic puppet in the WH now.
Who was President when it was at its highest?

I’ll hang up and listen off air

• Haha
Reactions: huntered

Hmmmmm.........

Who is panic buying fuel right now -- today -- in the SE United States?

A) EV owners
B) Non-EV owners

Follow-up bonus question:

When gas is 4-5 bucks a gallon this year, who will be most impacted

A) EV owners
B) Non-EV owners

Hmmmmm.........

Who is panic buying fuel right now -- today -- in the SE United States?

A) EV owners
B) Non-EV owners

Follow-up bonus question:

When gas is 4-5 bucks a gallon this year, who will be most impacted

A) EV owners
B) Non-EV owners
That’s a trick question. We own two Teslas but will be buying gas and waiting in gas lines for the next 8 days on our Charleston/Myrtle Beach vacation.

What are you ****ing six? I remember paying more than four dollars in Kansas City in the mid 2000

2008 was a high year, but here are just a few sites I get while using the google machine.......

With critical infrastructure like this pipeline being vulnerable hacking, it just makes me thank the lord that something as insignificant as an election has zero issues of being manipulated. That's what Twitter and Facebook said anyway.
never miss an opportunity, am I right?

Reactions: beaglehusker
Looked at the plug in rav 4. They're available nowhere. How's the Prius?
It's interesting.

Charge the battery for the first 25 miles of driving, then gets about 54-56 mpg on gas when it's out of charge.

So, the first 25 miles it runs mostly on coal. The rest of the time it runs on gasoline. I don't know which is better for the environment.

Did the math, the cost of the electricity it uses is equal to about $1.61 / gallon gas price. Have not owned an electric vehicle before, driving around without making any noise takes a little getting used to. Will admit, now that I'm used to it, I greatly prefer driving it in electric mode vs. gas. My wife likes being able to turn on the heat / AC while it's in the garage with the door closed.

Have about 3200 miles on it. It's averaged over 120 miles driven / gallon of gas that I've put into it. Only thing I do not like about it is that it makes some asinine beeping in the interior when you put it in reverse (I guess to let you know that you are driving in reverse).

Never in a million years did I think I'd own a prius, but got a $4500 fed tax credit and a $5000 dealer incentive for buying it. Thought it would be like driving a tin can, but it's actually pretty roomy up front.

Last edited:
LOL

With critical infrastructure like this pipeline being vulnerable hacking, it just makes me thank the lord that something as insignificant as an election has zero issues of being manipulated. That's what Twitter and Facebook said anyway.
does it matter. we just rotate parties anyway. if we actually came up with term limits as we should have a long time ago then we would be rotating parties AND politicians regularly.

does it matter. we just rotate parties anyway. if we actually came up with term limits as we should have a long time ago then we would be rotating parties AND politicians regularly.
I'll answer that. No, it doesn't matter. It's just another more extreme version of thinking that the sports team you root for actually makes a difference in your daily life.

Yeah. I was listening to a guy on local news this morning and he said we'd be fine if people just went about their normal lives, but instead, greed has taken over like the toilet paper fiasco and people are freaking out and making the problem worse.

I 100% agree though that we are on the verge of a catastrophic event. If for some reason somebody wipes out the power grid somewhere this country and is going full mad max.
If there ever were a serious problem, such as that the gas supply might be severely interrupted, do you think they'd tell us the truth?

I heard the 70s were coming back in style
Biden is Jimmy Carter
If elections really mattered they wouldn't let you do it. Just sayin.
They obviously do. This what America looks like under weak leadership. Gas shortages, Middle East back to disaster, Inflation soaring, unprecedented crisis at the boarder. Destruction of the 2nd amendment. But hey at least the mean tweets are gone...

Biden is Jimmy Carter

They obviously do. This what America looks like under weak leadership. Gas shortages, Middle East back to disaster, Inflation soaring, unprecedented crisis at the boarder. Destruction of the 2nd amendment. But hey at least the mean tweets are gone...
Which "boarder" and why is there an unprecedented crisis on him or her? This is truly big news!! Damn you, Biden!!

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT