ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Soooo, who is ready to jump in line for that vaccine?

I still plow the field with the horse because the reverend says the steam beast created by the huns comes from the devil.

Reactions: rednwash
I'm going straight to the front of the line, knocking the old folks and first responders out of the way. Seriously though, why wouldn't you? It's kind of funny, but oh so telling, that so many of those ranting and railing against anyone not wearing a mask because your dooming all of us to certain death, are the same ones who, when each of us could take the simple step of getting a vaccine to put a quick end to the pandemic, are all of a sudden like - oh no, you can't make me get a vaccine, its my right not to get vaccinated, you can't tell me what to do, mind your own business, what does it matter to you if I don't get a vaccine.
Well said

I'd think about it after a few years of testing. That said, I never get the flu shot and I never get the flu. I've been working from home in IT for over 10 years. I'm never around anybody.

I'm hoping all the anti vaxers scare everybody off - at least long enough so I can be at the head of the line and get my shots early. Potentially 90% effective for the Pfizer vaccine is much more effective than we could have hoped for if that result holds through the rest of the trial. Finally some good news on the virus front.

A good chance good ole joe will be coming for your 12 gauge
I say good luck to him on finding more than a 15% of LEO's that would be down for that. Those who want gun confiscation are the same people who are trying to defund those who (they think) would do their dirty work IF it came down to that.

I have no concern about Covid due to age and health, so I will give it a year or so to make sure people don’t start having unforeseen side effects. After that, I would be open to getting it.

If we can just clear out the liberal intelligentsia, weed out the military of any liberal minded thinkers, and make sure scientists aren't too woke thinking we will be on track to a truly free and capitalist state. We need conservative math, science, and thinking around here.

Well considering that vaccination is going to start with nursing home patients and high risk individuals such as myself in their 60s, I won't worry about taking a vaccine. IMO we should start in Democrat dense areas with any vaccine though.
I will need a lot more information before I get one. Like how long is it expected to last and side affects. My wife had covid and we didn't isolate in the house so if I didn't get it living with her am I going to get it at all?
Get the vaccine. IF you got some exposure from your wife the chances are very good that you'll have up to a year of immunity from a vaccination. I really think we'll all be getting booster shots every fall for the forseeable future. My spouse is getting a killed vaccine sometime in the next few weeks. It will require 2 doses several weeks apart. In our area, the health department also says they're going to start vaccinating nursing home patients some time later this month as well. I haven't heard yet what company's vaccine they're using and IF I have my choice it will be a killed 2 dose vaccine.

Everyone has to make their own decision. I already got it. Signed up to participate in a medical trail and got the Pfizer shot. Only issue was sore arm and couldn’t sleep one night after each shot.
I heard a similar report from an area med student who participated in the trial in Norfolk. He had a sore arm for a day. The couple of people who had problems during a couple of trials may very well have had issues regardless of any vaccination. When you take thousands of random trial subjects and watch them over a period of time, the odds are very good that SOMEBODY is going to have a medical issue that may be totally unrelated to the vaccine.

There is absolutely NO reason to not be giving vaccinations NOW! The odds of having a reaction to the vaccine is likely a thousand times less likely than your chance of dying from COVID.

Reactions: rednwash
We are required to have an updated TB shot though. Not shot....no classroom
TB test is different than a vaccination. Ironically you're probably teaching illegals who are carrying TB. It happened in our school system.

I was making a joke about Biden saying that if you have a home intruder, go out on the deck and shoot 2 blasts from your double barrel shot gun and they'll run like hell. Look it up if you want, but its pretty cringey.
To quote a famous American, "You can have my gun when you pry my cold dead fingers off the trigger". To quote a not as famous friend of mine, "Guns? I don't own any guns that you know of.".

Everyone has to make their own decision. I already got it. Signed up to participate in a medical trail and got the Pfizer shot. Only issue was sore arm and couldn’t sleep one night after each shot.
How do you know you actually got the vaccine and not the placebo?

My office had a breakout and I wanted to know if I should keep going in the office. I got the antibody test and it found both antibodies. I suppose it could be a false positive but the fact they found both antibodies makes me fairly confident I got the shot. That and I had a sore arm and couldn’t sleep night after shot.
Yes, that’s technically cheating.

TB test is different than a vaccination. Ironically you're probably teaching illegals who are carrying TB. It happened in our school system.
Duh.. Im dumb... Yeah we get the test not a shot. Kids aren't allowed in schools without updated shots and test results

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I was making a joke about Biden saying that if you have a home intruder, go out on the deck and shoot 2 blasts from your double barrel shot gun and they'll run like hell. Look it up if you want, but its pretty cringey.
He's since gotten tougher. Joe would have you shoot them in the leg now. The POTUS ladies and gentleman.

If you get the vaccine, you'll be fine, right? Bulletproof probably. For those of us that don't get it, we take the chance of getting the Rona, but at least we won't be infecting any of the vaxxers. Everyone is happy.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
A certain somebody still sitting in the big chair said we'd have this vaccine right about now and was lambasted for it....now we're volunteering to get in the front of the line. If only somebody could have predicted this.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If we can just clear out the liberal intelligentsia, weed out the military of any liberal minded thinkers, and make sure scientists aren't too woke thinking we will be on track to a truly free and capitalist state. We need conservative math, science, and thinking around here.
Shoot, we'd be doing great is we could just get the ones who are there to use real numbers. Look at all the fraudulent studies that have come out just in the last 6 months.

We shut down the world on the word of a guy who said millions would die from mad cow disease and the bird flu.

But you go on thinking it's a partisan issue with conservatives to blame. We'd expect nothing more.

A certain somebody still sitting in the big chair said we'd have this vaccine right about now and was lambasted for it....now we're volunteering to get in the front of the line. If only somebody could have predicted this.

I believe they made a movie about it. V for Vendetta.

Reactions: 6OSK3RS
I'll take it as soon as they'll allow me to take it. I look forward to a day with no masks. If you want to attend school or work in a business, you may be required to have proof of vaccination.

I was confused with the moderna because in phase 1, every single person who received the shot had slight flu like symptoms...to me this skews the study because people with an elementary level of detective skills will know they were given the shot when they have slight 24 hour symptoms. If they do not get the symptoms they will know they were given the placebo, and be much less likely to go about their lives...not sure it matters because the placebo is merely used to test efficacy once a certain number are infected, but this may increase the time needed for the placebo group to hit their needed infections.

Actually #notmypedophile. I hope I'm doing this right

Lol #isthisyourpedo?
trump-epstein-wide.jpg

106024529-1596566627856-eps.jpg

merlin_157769460_538bae98-93ab-4340-808b-7d1355e66dc5-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT