ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Social Media is the Devil

RedMyMind

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
What a waste of time and mental energy.

Watching reruns, binge watching old football games, gaming for hours or just plain jerking it around the house is more productive these days than spending time in the hellhole that is social media.

The latter will most likely bring your happiness.

Do any of you losers agree? 🤓

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Dumped facebook a couple months ago. Much happier for it.
I dumped it a few years ago.
Got permabanned from twitter. Twitter is the devil's lair.

None of this was really a societal issue until these apps were put on smart phones. It took it up to 11 and I can see why people and society have gone insane.

A lot of suck with social media, but it can be useful. Now Twitter, I find to be entirely worthless and mostly destructive.

I dumped it a few years ago.
Got permabanned from twitter. Twitter is the devil's lair.

None of this was really a societal issue until these apps were put on smart phones. It took it up to 11 and I can see why people and society have gone insane.

It truly is a bad thing, mostly because it is making people dumber, and allows the trash of the world into the minds of unsuspecting and impressionable kids.

I only use Facebook for the marketplace to buy and sell. Which unfortunately seems like exactly what the Bible talks about with the mark of the beast...

Some of it I can understand. I keep track of a lot of families and former students on FB. Had a twitter account for school work but I will NEVER understand following anyone on twitter - especially high school kids. It is just plain weird to me, maybe because I have known and worked with so many over the years.

The biggest thing I see is how many young people live for social media and think everything on it is truth. Amazing

Everyone should delete Facebook.
I got a warning from my anti-virus yesterday that a social media program was tracking my posting on this site. I have a Facebook account just so I can evaluate our church's Facebook stream of our online services. I'm wishing we had some other vehicle. Big Brother is watching.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Some of it I can understand. I keep track of a lot of families and former students on FB. Had a twitter account for school work but I will NEVER understand following anyone on twitter - especially high school kids. It is just plain weird to me, maybe because I have known and worked with so many over the years.

The biggest thing I see is how many young people live for social media and think everything on it is truth. Amazing
The more scary attitude is about Tik Tok. My kid says who cares if they have your information and facial recognition points. Yikes. The Chinese government can now ID BILLIONS of people in a nanosecond via their facial recognition data.

I got a warning from my anti-virus yesterday that a social media program was tracking my posting on this site. I have a Facebook account just so I can evaluate our church's Facebook stream of our online services. I'm wishing we had some other vehicle. Big Brother is watching.
Always open it in a private/incognito window separately from other tabs. Check your cookies and delete all the ones for Facebook every time you use it. Instagram too.

Always open it in a private/incognito window separately from other tabs. Check your cookies and delete all the ones for Facebook every time you use it. Instagram too.
Supposedly my browser always deletes my cookies when I log off. Yahoo is notorious for mining user data and I'm sure this site is no different given it being run by Yahoo now. Yahoo's "front page" is interesting. It's a landing spot for every extreme left wing "news" outlet on the internet. The sad thing is that maybe one of the most politically unbiased news outlets based in this country, the Wall Street Journal can't be read unless you subscribe. They're an equal opportunity basher when it comes to facts.

...been off social for about 5 years. It annoys some family and friends, but those who love me have adapted and send me emails and texts instead of trying to find me on social. Those same people know not to post pics and news about me and my family w/o asking us first. I kept FB Messenger active, so someone can find me if they need me, but I only check it out once a week or so.

Time is our most precious asset. Staying off social helps maximize your time. I still choose the time suck that is this site, though...in small doses...

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Tried Facebook when it first came out...shut it down and never looked back after the 7th friend request. Who needs 7 whole friends? Never touched another one, sans this place

Tried Facebook when it first came out...shut it down and never looked back after the 7th friend request. Who needs 7 whole friends? Never touched another one, sans this place
Never joined FB. If you're not important enough to be in my cell as a friend, family member or co worker then I don't care about somebody who I went to grade school with. Or what they had for dinner. Or their relationship status. Not on Instagram, Twitter, Chinese tik tok either. Plus, Mark Zuckerberg is a thieving douche who screwed his only friend out of the company.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT