ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shooting @Target 178th and Center

Wow. I've been to that Target a million times.

"The gunman, armed with an AR-15 rifle, fired at least six shots, according to early scanner traffic. Shoppers and employees were fleeing the store.
The gunman was White, in his 30s, and had "plenty of ammunition" said Omaha Police Chief Todd Schmaderer. Officials believe the gunman entered through one of the front entrances.
Schmaderer said the first arriving officers went into the Target, confronted the gunman and killed him."

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
I posted in the other thread but sounds like suicide by cop. If the shooter wanted to injure someone he would have.
This happened at the 180th and Q HyVee a few years ago too, right? Except the shooter was tackled & disarmed by a citizen or off-duty cop if I'm remembering correctly so he never got what he "wanted" of suicide by cop.

This happened at the 180th and Q HyVee a few years ago too, right? Except the shooter was tackled & disarmed by a citizen or off-duty cop if I'm remembering correctly so he never got what he "wanted" of suicide by cop.

I posted in the other thread but sounds like suicide by cop. If the shooter wanted to injure someone he would have.
Yeah. I told these girls at work either he had no freaking clue what he was doing, which would be fine, but it was most likely a suicide deal.

Reactions: FissionReaction
I was going to make a joke about how he was upset they didn't honor his coupon, but its probably too soon.

OMG. I just realized that that's the bank my family uses - and I spent a few hours there last fall when settling our folks estate.

As a former bank employee in downtown Seattle my biggest fear was getting robbed.

Wow. I've been to that Target a million times.

"The gunman, armed with an AR-15 rifle, fired at least six shots, according to early scanner traffic. Shoppers and employees were fleeing the store.
The gunman was White, in his 30s, and had "plenty of ammunition" said Omaha Police Chief Todd Schmaderer. Officials believe the gunman entered through one of the front entrances.
Schmaderer said the first arriving officers went into the Target, confronted the gunman and killed him."
sounds like a suicide by cop.....

My mother was in the store when this happened. She’s an old retired lady that doesn’t need this kind of excitement in her life. She said she just heard two or three gunshots and saw people running for the for the exits, so she did too. She was actually pretty shook up about it earlier. Crazy.

My mother was in the store when this happened. She’s an old retired lady that doesn’t need this kind of excitement in her life. She said she just heard two or three gunshots and saw people running for the for the exits, so she did too. She was actually pretty shook up about it earlier. Crazy.
Headcard....sorry your mom had to be involved with the unfortunate situation. However, since she has put up with many years of your antics, I would expect she will get over the craziness of the situation sooner than you would expect. Most older ladies are grinders.

Headcard....sorry your mom had to be involved with the unfortunate situation. However, since she has put up with many years of your antics, I would expect she will get over the craziness of the situation sooner than you would expect. Most older ladies are grinders.

True. This is probably pretty far down the list of headaches and craziness.

Is your mother doing okay?

Reactions: headcard and jkeb
So sorry your Mom had to go thru this but glad to hear she's doing okayish. No one should have to experience that.

Talked to my sister yesterday - she was running errands but went to Walmart before Target so she just missed out on the shooting.

Between the shooting at Target and the earlier bank robbery at FNBO is pretty scary to think of the violence that is happening in West O.

I was near the Panda Express by this target when this went down yesterday, it was insane how many and how fast they responded. I wonder like you with the lack of casualties and innocent lives lost if this wasn’t suicide by cop, either that or his gun jammed.

The cop that shot the suspect at the HyVee on 180th and Q is a neighbor of mine and he was also one of the first on scene as a young OPD officer to the Von Maur shooting years ago.

I was near the Panda Express by this target when this went down yesterday, it was insane how many and how fast they responded. I wonder like you with the lack of casualties and innocent lives lost if this wasn’t suicide by cop, either that or his gun jammed.

The cop that shot the suspect at the HyVee on 180th and Q is a neighbor of mine and he was also one of the first on scene as a young OPD officer to the Von Maur shooting years ago.
Good lord that was like 20 years ago now, right?

Dude is still not retired? That is amazing. Was the Von Maur shooting his first day on the job??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT