ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Say Something Positive About Iowa

I had the honor to know and work with several men (some were young kids) from the Iowa National Guard that were deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They were hard working, charging and fighting sons of bitches and you knew they had your back. They stood tall and looked up at the American flag with great pride. Many lost their lives for this country and several of them kept going back.

You all can continue with your comments and I get it. But as a Nebraska fan, I try to remember in the end, a lot of Iowans lost their lives fighting for the same goals, ideals, freedoms and liberties that we all enjoy and fight for on behalf of this country.

I had the honor to know and work with several men (some were young kids) from the Iowa National Guard that were deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They were hard working, charging and fighting sons of bitches and you knew they had your back. They stood tall and looked up at the American flag with great pride. Many lost their lives for this country and several of them kept going back.

You all can continue with your comments and I get it. But as a Nebraska fan, I try to remember in the end, a lot of Iowans lost their lives fighting for the same goals, ideals, freedoms and liberties that we all enjoy and fight for on behalf of this country.

lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

Since sports are canceled I think this is an ideal time to say something positive about our friendly neighbors to the East.

I'll start, Iowa invented sliced bread. Way to go guys, you really nailed that one.
I claim foul for Iowa inventing sliced bread. Don’t you think King Arther ever took Excalibur, cut up a loaf of bread and said, here Galahad, take one and pass it around. There is a slice for everyone.

The best thing I can say about Iowa is that I do not live there, never have lived there, and never intend to live there.

Iowa sucked when I grew up in Lincoln, and has not improved with age.

The best thing I can say about Iowa is that I do not live there, never have lived there, and never intend to live there.

Iowa sucked when I grew up in Lincoln, and has not improved with age.
You sheltered individual. There are lots of Husker fans (born raised and went to school in Nebraska) that actually enjoy living in Iowa.

You sheltered individual. There are lots of Husker fans (born raised and went to school in Nebraska) that actually enjoy living in Iowa.
Enjoy living there(born raised and also graduated from UNL) but enjoy it more when around some Husker natives

Reactions: Red I 73
The fact that if I'm looking to get to bed early and get some good sleep when staying in Des Moines for work, I can choose any hotel in the city and know that I'll never be tempted with the allure of anything whatsoever to do.

John Wayne was born there!! My all time, guaranteed to stop me in my channel surfing tracks, actor. Just watched Rooster Cogburn for the 18th time a day or so ago.

Reactions: Baxter48
Q: What does a CB virgin say after she has sex for the 1st time?
A: Get off of me dad, you're crushin my smokes!

Thursday night was college night at Dance America in Sioux City in the mid 80's. Legal drinking age was 19, cheap beer, loud music, and lots of coeds. What's not to like? other than Sioux City cops.

Since sports are canceled I think this is an ideal time to say something positive about our friendly neighbors to the East.

I'll start, Iowa invented sliced bread. Way to go guys, you really nailed that one.
There is only one of it.:D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT