ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sasse Unloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, on this board the conservative insult machine is toxic. I came here thinking I'd just present my thoughts and that would be that. Wrong! I was attacked both for my ideas and on a personal level in a most vicious manner. At this point, I'm just a player in the game. My question is why respond only to me and none of the conservatives who are nasty and insulting? Is it because you share their views? I'm not saying that you're wrong to address me directly, but I'm curious why only me.

Honestly, I just don't like how arrogant and condescending you come off on many of your posts. I actually think that you seem like a pretty intelligent guy (progressive thought process notwithstanding).

Take the pity cock out of your mouth. Create another acouunt. Try again. Again. 😆

Dear Biff, your tough guy exterior and constant references to raping men disguise a scared, and likely sexually confused, interior. Before you are arrested at an interstate highway rest stop, please get help.

Your friend, and boss,
McFly

Trump is polling poorly all over except for uneducated white males. I actually trust none of it. 2016 shows anything is possible. He will lose the popular vote by over 5 million but as we have said here the popular vote means zero. I hope like hell he loses and doesn't pout and say it was rigged. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls something out though

You have to understand they poll about 700 people walking around downtown San Fran asking questions that can only lead to a negative response against President Trump and call it a legitimate scientific poll. 99.9% of the polls are bs. Show me a poll that polls the 154 million registered voters and I might accept the results as being legitimate.

Honestly, I just don't like how arrogant and condescending you come off on many of your posts. I actually think that you seem like a pretty intelligent guy (progressive thought process notwithstanding).
Mmm, you do realize that I'm doing that in response to being called a douche, a Marxist, a moron, an idiot, and a long list of references to being sexually assaulted, right?

You have to understand they poll about 700 people walking around downtown San Fran asking questions that can only lead to a negative response against President Trump and call it a legitimate scientific poll. 99.9% of the polls are bs. Show me a poll that polls the 154 million registered voters and I might accept the results as being legitimate.
That's more than a little inaccurate. The validity of some polls is obvious, and in some cases less obvious, but the best of them have this down to a science. I have no doubt that polls applied as narrowly as you suggest are incredibly misleading, but many do a far better job of framing questions and accounting for standard deviation.

I am super skeptical about any polls after 2016. There are a few that have posted here that seem to think Trump wins in a landslide and I can guarantee that's not happening. I think if he does win the electoral it will be by the slimmest of margins.

Mmm, you do realize that I'm doing that in response to being called a douche, a Marxist, a moron, an idiot, and a long list of references to being sexually assaulted, right?

I think you used the douche insult, too.

There several progressive folks on this board that get insulted by the conservatives (and vice versa). For whatever reason, their responses to those insults don't rub me the wrong way like yours do. Again, just being honest.

That's more than a little inaccurate. The validity of some polls is obvious, and in some cases less obvious, but the best of them have this down to a science. I have no doubt that polls applied as narrowly you suggest are incredibly misleading, but many do a far better job of framing questions and accounting for standard deviation.

I disagree the numbers of people they poll is minuscule and they “all” expect you to believe 1500 people represent 154 million.

Sorry to break the news to you but that’s how the do it.

I think you used the douche insult, too.

There several progressive folks on this board that get insulted by the conservatives (and vice versa). For whatever reason, their responses to those insults don't rub me the wrong way like yours do. Again, just being honest.
Fair enough. And if I'm just being honest, if insults don't bother you per se, just my specific brand of insult, I'm afraid we're going to continue to have our differences.

The Polls in 2016 weren't as far off as people want to believe. when we see polls that say 49 vs 46 with 4% margin of error...that means that thy are predicting (45-53) vs (42-50)...but we see the polls and when the person that the poll says 49 loses, we think they got it wrong...

Sure, there was some states that were outside the margin of error, but overall most states were within the margin of error and the national popular vote was pretty close to what the polls were predicting.

Fair enough. And if I'm just being honest, if insults don't bother you per se, just my specific brand of insult, I'm afraid we're going to continue to have our differences.

It's really more tone than the insults.

The Polls in 2016 weren't as far off as people want to believe. when we see polls that say 49 vs 46 with 4% margin of error...that means that thy are predicting (45-53) vs (42-50)...but we see the polls and when the person that the poll says 49 loses, we think they got it wrong...

Sure, there was some states that were outside the margin of error, but overall most states were within the margin of error and the national popular vote was pretty close to what the polls were predicting.

The people who didn’t take a statistics class in college are pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT