ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sasse Unloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ekd-PFi-YXYAYQF-D.jpg

Shot placement officers! Mind the femoral artery Gentlemen! Jill bring me the shotgun!

Most economists consider 4% full employment. The U.S. bureau of Labor Statistics put the unemployment rate under Trump under 4 for the 12 months leading up to COVID. I'm not sure where you got 5.4% but you're wrong.
Not according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics I linked. Is there more than one Bureau of Labor Statistics?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Most economists consider 4% full employment. The U.S. bureau of Labor Statistics put the unemployment rate under Trump under 4 for the 12 months leading up to COVID. There was a HUGE decrease in unemployment among blacks and wages rose which always happens during periods of full employment whether you are black or white. One of the problems for inner city people in general is their inability or unwillingness to take jobs outside of their old neighborhoods.
VERY true. There's a certain percentage that are unemployable or refuse to be employed

Politician says what he/she needs to to get elected. Biden won't last a year before he's pushed out with kamala aoc bernie beto buttedgeedge schiff little miss towel head from Minnesota really being in charge

good lord dude. May want to walk that back a little.

Not according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics I linked. Is there more than one Bureau of Labor Statistics?
I misread your post. I did not look up stats specific to blacks BUT your own numbers confirm a huge drop in unemployment for blacks. Employment and wages both rose significantly under Trump's watch. IF you can't admit that then there's no reason to disucss this anymore with you.

Politician says what he/she needs to to get elected. Biden won't last a year before he's pushed out with kamala aoc bernie beto buttedgeedge schiff little miss towel head from Minnesota really being in charge
Little miss towel head? Holy crap man can we at least pretend to not be racist for the sake of the fan base?

has anyone heard about the farmer around clay center ne he had trump flags on his combine and some peaceful protester burned his combine tractor and two semis. Check out Krvn website what ever happened to agree to disagree theses democrats are unhinged and no one in that party is calling for a stop

Little miss towel head? Holy crap man can we at least pretend to not be racist for the sake of the fan base?
She’s a radical Muslim they want to kill all American, I venture to say you were saying things just as bad or worse on September 12 2001 , all you people that want to appease those radical Muslims just ask Great Britain and Nevil Chamberlain how that worked out dealing with radical nazis

Are you kidding with this? Don't defend this. She's a hate-filled bigot, but maybe don't go to her level. You become her when you do.
im serious you cant tell me you weren’t mad as hell at the Muslims on September 12 if you say you were fine then I’m calling bs

Reactions: bshirt73
during a telephone townhall with Nebraskans.

Sasse, who is cruising toward re-election, said Trump:
  • refused to take the pandemic seriously
  • treated the pandemic as a news cycle PR crisis
  • "Kisses dictator's butts"
  • "mocks evangelicals behind closed doors"
  • "regularly sells out our allies"
  • "flirted with white supremacists"
  • "has treated the presidency like a business opportunity"
“I’m now looking at the possibility of a Republican bloodbath in the Senate, and that’s why I’ve never been on the Trump train,” he said. “It’s why I didn’t agree to be on his reelection committee, and it’s why I’m not campaigning for him.”

Sasse is a load. That’s about it.

Trumps win a a route easily. This will likely be called by 10pm . Come December he better lock up all the Democrats that committed all the crimes the past 4 years or I will be pissed. No more Mr Nice Guy!!

Reactions: bshirt73
has anyone heard about the farmer around clay center ne he had trump flags on his combine and some peaceful protester burned his combine tractor and two semis. Check out Krvn website what ever happened to agree to disagree theses democrats are unhinged and no one in that party is calling for a stop
Yep, I know some of the family. Hope they catch the bastard

I have
I have a doctorate. My spouse is a Mayo trained M.D. I know cardiologists, pulmonologists, radiologists, etc etc. They're ALL voting for Trump. Oh yeah so are all of the farmer
I have a doctorate. My spouse is a Mayo trained M.D. I know cardiologists, pulmonologists, radiologists, etc etc. They're ALL voting for Trump. Oh yeah so are all of the farmers, contractors and retired folks I know. I guess we're all just a bunch of ignorant stooges.Winking
I have TWO doctorates. Plural of doctorate is doctorati. One in sociology, and another in herbal medicines/shamanism & collective health care. I'm also a doula, and a legally registered officiant for wedding ceremonies in 32 states. My thighs are tastefully muscular. My presence, intimidating to the weak, inspiring to the intelligent. All of us is voting Biden. So yeah, be the opposite of that you munch.

WOW. Is Trump perfect. Heck no. But I beg to disagree with a lot of what you've said and that's fine. Trump is a business man and not a politician. A business man is brash while a politician is kissing babies while stealing their lollipops.

I sympathize with the problems you've personally had but don't see how that's Trump's fault. As far as DJT not working a day in his life, my words, that's wrong. He grew up in construction starting at the bottom learning grunt work.

I'll leave it at that. Could go on. Hey, I respect you in so many ways knowing you and hope to continue good conversation. But be careful. We'll see how election goes but Beto wants your guns. Peace
Trump grew up in construction. True story. Spent a few years roofing, and then one of his buddies hired him as part of a framing crew. Did a lot of worker for his dad, framing houses and business offices. Eventually he worked his way up the ladder, architect, landscape architect, plumbing, flooring, drywall, he's done it all. Dude knows what a days hard work is . . . sold his first truck and used the proceeds to buy a flipper. And he flipped his way to the big time. Manhattan baby. He's a lot like Jesus, in that he started as a carpenter, and ended as the right hand of God. I thank the lord everyday for two things: Trump as our President, and that one DB coach who started telling the safeties to turn around and defend the ball instead of facing the defender. In Jesus name we pray, AMEN. Maybe three things, I thank the lord for the voluminous output of the Grateful Dead, and their liberal policies towards bootlegs. If the Lord didn't have a hand in the bootleg from Bickershaw Festival in Wigan, then I can't believe in an interventionist God.

Reactions: chicolby
I misread your post. I did not look up stats specific to blacks BUT your own numbers confirm a huge drop in unemployment for blacks. Employment and wages both rose significantly under Trump's watch. IF you can't admit that then there's no reason to disucss this anymore with you.
I'll admit that the drop in unemployment rate and increase in wages that have occurred under Trump are continuations of a trend that started under Obama, and I already admitted that I personally don't think who the president is has much to do with either one.

You can't discount one and praise the other.

Last edited:
Yeah. In the lead for Covid deaths, how much money we spend on health care, unemployment, hours worked, and mortality rates, gun violence. Leading like a mofo'r. Reading you yapping like a drunken chihuahua about all the things Trump has "accomplished" left me in such a fit of laughter, I slapped my knee so hard it glows. Seems like the same type of guy who claimed Frost would have our beloved Big Red back in the Natty Champ hunt after 2 years. You are that guy. Blowhard.
Snarky....wow.

Sasse may be right on some of these points. But he certainly is dense to the big picture. He's like one of those popular egg heads who talk circles around someone less intelligent. Meanwhile, the other guy is highly productive and very popular on his own right.

Pay attention to what Trump is accomplishing.
Middle East peace Accord
Renegotiated Canadian and Mexican trade deals
Getting us out of costly Wars
Did not start any new Wars
Kept North Korea in check
Killed off a couple of major terrorists
Record low unemployment for all groups
Got a good start on the border wall
Removed billions of dollars of wastefulregulation
Is going after the corrupt deep state
Has added three stellar people to the Supreme Court
Has taken on the thought police

So Ben Sasse, why don't you get to work on some legislation that will make this country more prosperous and more free. See Josh Hawley and Tom Cotton if you need some examples of what strong leadership looks like.
Nailed it. The best response in this discussion. Period.

Reactions: dinglefritz
im serious you cant tell me you weren’t mad as hell at the Muslims on September 12 if you say you were fine then I’m calling bs
You don't get it. Was I mad at Muslims? No, I wasn't mad at someone because they were Muslim. That isn't the point. Ilhan Omar is a despicable person, but using racist remarks to describe her isn't ok or justified because you don't care for her. It's easy enough to shred her without acting like a neanderthal.

Are you really trying to suggest that “towel head“ is not a racist term?
They can't back down, not for a minute. If they did, the edifice of their belief system would crumble. Look at Gammadouch's avatar. Could it be any more misogynistic? If you were to mention that it's inappropriate and why, he'd predictably respond with a whataboutism, possibly he'd call you a snowflake. Anything to avoid responding to serious question. On social issues, like race, conservatives either don't see it, or they willfully pivot to something that seemingly props up their narrow view of the world.

Whenever a RePubic can't summon a coherent argument they fall back on insults. If we're being honest that's one reason why you all like Trump so much.

They can't back down, not for a minute. If they did, the edifice of their belief system would crumble. Look at Gammadouch's avatar. Could it be any more misogynistic? If you were to mention that it's inappropriate and why, he'd predictably respond with a whataboutism, possibly he'd call you a snowflake. Anything to avoid responding to serious question. On social issues, like race, conservatives either don't see it, or they willfully pivot to something that seemingly props up their narrow view of the world.

You're by far the best unintentional parody account on this board.

For anyone on this board who is unaware of Kamala's history, she's known as 'heels up Harris' due to her affair with Willie Brown in the 90's. Brown was a "king maker" in California politics at the time and this affair is how she got her foot in the door.

Sasse may be right on some of these points. But he certainly is dense to the big picture. He's like one of those popular egg heads who talk circles around someone less intelligent. Meanwhile, the other guy is highly productive and very popular on his own right.

Pay attention to what Trump is accomplishing.
Middle East peace Accord
Renegotiated Canadian and Mexican trade deals
Getting us out of costly Wars
Did not start any new Wars
Kept North Korea in check
Killed off a couple of major terrorists
Record low unemployment for all groups
Got a good start on the border wall
Removed billions of dollars of wastefulregulation
Is going after the corrupt deep state
Has added three stellar people to the Supreme Court
Has taken on the thought police

So Ben Sasse, why don't you get to work on some legislation that will make this country more prosperous and more free. See Josh Hawley and Tom Cotton if you need some examples of what strong leadership looks like.
you do realize the middle east countries in question weren't fighting, right? NKorea just revealed a intercontinental ballistic missile, New wall is measured in feet (much of the rest was refurbing existing - oh using defense funds to pay for it)...and rebuttals could continue. For the record, Sasse is n appealing, I'm not a democrat, and I will never understand how so many of you have been seduced by a grifter (and that 's being nice)

Reactions: huskernation1973
And white democrats who enslaved Africans first thru fiat, then jim crow laws, then welfare ghettos. To the point Joe Biden said "you ain't black if you don't vote for me." Only someone who thinks of a certain demographic as their personal property would say that.
Did I mention they founded the KKK as a paramilitary wing of their party, and interned Americans of Japanese heritage and segregated black Americans in WW2.
I seem to remember a white republican sending the national guard to Little Rock Arkansas. Something that hadn't happened since the end of the civil war.
As recently as 2010 the President of the senate was a Democrat and former Klan leader. The republicans rejected David Duke, the Democrats made "their" KKK member the leader of the Senate.
Republicans have been pushing for actual color-blindness and the weak minded confuse MLKjr's dream of a color-blind society with racism. It's not racism, it's enlightenment. Identity politics is division. And the people screaming the loudest about how bothered they are regarding division, are the ones pushing identity politics.

This is so incredibly misleading. The two major political parties, GOP & Dems, are not the same parties today that
they were 50 yrs. ago, even 8 yrs. ago. To dredge up what each of them did and/or stand for then isn't even partially true today. Using Lincoln as an example of how forward-thinking the GOP is on race relations is absurd.
And the Jim Crow laws most evident in the South of years ago were the legislation of the Dems in the South.
The Dems and the Repubs. can be turned 180% today from what they used to be. Please get your history more correct....

Reactions: jmliehr
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT