ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sallis and Millard North just laid an egg

Brutal loss. Missed FTs were a killer. They let BW play some interesting defense in the 2h.

MN head Coach did a terrible job down the stretch..

A couple of MN players didn’t take care of the ball down the stretch and missed 6 straight FT’s..

Reactions: newAD
Out coached, out hustled, out everythinged the last 3 min. Cannon had no answers...

up 14 with 4 minutes left...No shot clock

I call a TO...I tell me team "YOU DON'T SHOOT THE BALL AGAIN IN THIS GAME"

Coach didn’t miss the free throws

He lost 5 games this year with that roster? No other team in Nebraska should have came within 10 points of Millard North this year. Their entire starting 5 are D-I recruits, 4 of them Power 5-level players. With most of them coming back, I'd kindly encourage the coach to "retire" before next year.

Makes me wonder why all of these talented players choose to play at Millard North? They should have went to Central or Bellevue West.

Their defense comes and goes. They played pretty well in the half court until the last 4 minutes. Didnt get back a bunch though and it cost them.

They also really underutilized murrell. Dont think he touched the ball the last 4 minutes.

Stu Pospisil was on the radio a few weeks ago and said Millard North "has too many French poodles and not enough pit bulls."
I'm sure Millard North is not the only team that was overloaded with talent only to fall short of winning it all. I'm sure if we put our heads together we can think of other in-state "all star" teams that fell short.

Talent is #1 in basketball. Coaching is right behind that. But if you lack team chemistry or role players or great defenders and grit, somebody can rise up to get you.

I'm sure Millard North is not the only team that was overloaded with talent only to fall short of winning it all. I'm sure if we put our heads together we can think of other in-state "all star" teams that fell short.

Talent is #1 in basketball. Coaching is right behind that. But if you lack team chemistry or role players or great defenders and grit, somebody can rise up to get you.
That point guard kid did foul out remember

i can't believe UNO hasn't at least offered Saint Thomas.

up 14 with 4 minutes left...No shot clock

I call a TO...I tell me team "YOU DON'T SHOOT THE BALL AGAIN IN THIS GAME"
OH MY GOODNESS. YESSSSSSSSS!!!!
I've never understand that " but...but...we HAVE to shoot " mindset, without a shot clock....

MN tried to stall a couple of times this year and it went very badly. They turned the same 12 or 14 pt lead against north star into a 1 possession game when trying to stall.

MN tried to stall a couple of times this year and it went very badly. They turned the same 12 or 14 pt lead against north star into a 1 possession game when trying to stall.
The thing with the 4 corner stall is you look for the point blank shot very high percentage most coaches try to burn clock then get fouled and guess what they miss the free throws. I believe North Carolina and dean smith lost a national championship game against Marquette because he went into a stall. I wish high schools had a 45 second shot clock

Yeah...I am one of those dorks that would rather stall and have a 2 point win...then play out of control and have a 2 point loss.

You mean like Fremont with the transfers living in Coach Williams' basement?

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
we are talking about 15,16,17 year old kids, anything can happen even if your talent level is better then the other team, BW just outplayed them down the stretch plain and simple.

Give that same lineup to the coach of Omaha South and let's see what happens.

I heard on 1400 earlier that State BBall Highights made Sportscenter... pretty awesome really

You could actually bet on the game on some online books(not some local bowling alley) because there was basically zero other sports going on around the world. I believe MN went off at -5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT